[10N] Twin Consorts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Twin Consorts

Postby daishan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:04 am

My guild should be pulling this tonight so any advice people have would be appreciated.
There's 2 things I'm mostly wondering about does http://www.wowdb.com/spells/137341-beast-of-nightmares proc from SoI heals, Sacred Shield and PW:S ? Does it proc from every heal or is it based on size of heal, meaning should healers be using a few large heals instead of smaller heals?
One more thing in P1 and P2 is it possible for people to get a DoT or 2 on the non active boss when she pops up and will it actually dmg her when she's hidden?
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Re: [10N] Twin Consorts

Postby Vayacondios » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:49 am

Super cake mode fight, you'll get hit hard during the Sun chick phase but that's it, you can cut down on the damage with unglyphed DP real easy.

Battle healer is rather nice also, lot of AoE that goes out and you'll sit at 170k+ veng most of the fight.

Don't worry about the beast, they don't hardly hit for anything and SoI self healing does more than enough you keep you up. 99% sure that our healers just ignored the tank with beast, nether I nor the warrior MT needed any healing. Make sure to click off beacon of light though if you have a pally healer and get the beast, beacon will proc and hurt you something bad. Other than that it's not an issue.

Use the ice pilliers to drop the sun chicks stacks, if she gets to high at all she will start to majorly f*** you up.
Vayacondios

Postby daishan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:09 am

Thx for that.
Nice tip about removing beacon.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Kai » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:37 am

yeah, beacon stinks for that. but the fight is very easy. try to get in as much dmg on the fire mob in the night phase as possible. during her whirl ability you can nuke her for a few seconds. the only phase that matters is when they are both up and you want to nuke the fire one down asap. so taking 10% off her in the night phase makes that easier. you can also use the helpful buffs in the night phase, they seem to be up again for the day&night phase.
the only ones we found useful were the crane and the regeneration/healing buff though. otherwise just heal up the damage and loot.
Kai

Postby daishan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:13 am

Thx for the advice, one shot it last night :D
Most of the raid was dead at the end partially due to our monk healer getting +13 stacks of the shadow dot from healing the beast tank and dieing, possibly due to his renewing mist then uplift haven't checked logs yet.
Healing looked quite hard towards the end but better use of raid CD's and the celestial buffs would of made it fairly easy.
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Volitaire » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Uplift was causing stacks on our monk healer, not sure about renewing but without a doubt uplift was doing it for us. I think all I heard every time a beast came out was him complaining that he couldn't uplift lol.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby daishan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:15 pm

I had a cancel aura macro for Renewing Mists which I think is needed for uplift to work on the target http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116670/uplift. I don't think our dk tank had got the macro working right or forgot to hit it.

/rw no heal
/cancelaura Beacon of Light
/cancelaura Renewing Mist
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Winkle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:53 am

Of the 4 buffs available throughout the fight we chose to only use crane and dragon, tiger (slow time) and ox (more HP) didn't seem to worth the trouble of sending someone down to activate.
Winkle

Postby Chronos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Can anyone confirm that you can activate celestials multiple times? If so, how long is the timer until they reset?
Chronos

Postby Darielle » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:21 pm

They reset when the Dusk phase starts iirc.
Darielle

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:05 am

So how useful are the celestials on normal? My RL is pretty anti-use of them.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:11 am

The mana regen one is obvious in its use.
The damage one is a bunch of time from someone for X damage to each boss (Lu'Lin took 12.8 million damage and Suen 8 million damage on our kill). It's basically worth it, more so depending on who you send - it'd take 10 seconds for someone doing 1 million damage at 100k dps.

The rest are basically unmemorable. You can use it to avoid/ease the damage from certain mechanics, and that's about it - which as you can imagine it being Normal mode is not a big deal.
Last edited by Darielle on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:15 am

we used the damaging one when both bosses appeared shortly for a brief time. needs some god timing but it works. and yeah the mana one is nice to have, except from that. just kill it. really easy Boss on normal, seems pretty undertuned.
Schroom

Postby Ironshield » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:59 am

Does anyone know for sure if the boss actually has to be hit by the Cranes on Chi-Ji or do you just generally need to be in the area? I assumed you do, but if it's not, then I can save some movement.
Ironshield

Postby daishan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:47 am

You need to have the boss inside one of the "lanes" for the boss to take dmg from them. I'm not certain how accurate you need to be as I just plant the boss in the very centre of the room on the pull and cranes are popped a few sec later.
daishan
Maintankadonor

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)