Gelkis/Magram reputations

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Gelkis/Magram reputations

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Have Blizzard ever commented on why these two pointless factions will seemingly forever clutter out reputation panes? Would it break something if they did remove them? They didn't seem to have any issues removing the old Wildhammer faction.

One of those little mysteries I would love to have cleared up!
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Re: Gelkis/Magram reputations

Postby Fenris » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:21 am

I find them to be a funny reminder of the "old times" :D

...when i went on foot from Theramore to Njel point in Desolace thanks to that damn quest in Stormwind cathedral...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Nooska » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 am

I think it may screw up some people that have them at high rep levels (wa sit ever possible to become exalted? I think it was, no?) in regards to achievements.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby benebarba » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:30 am

Nooska wrote:I think it may screw up some people that have them at high rep levels (wa sit ever possible to become exalted? I think it was, no?) in regards to achievements.

I definitely would not be surprised if achievements had something to do with it.

I also think that the changes to the UI may have made them care less about a bit of clutter, since you now have collapsable groupings of rep and not just a pile of bars. I don't think naming really matters (was the old wildhammer rep dropped to make room for the cata wildhammer clan rep?), since you have stuff like <faction> and <faction> onslaught type namings.
benebarba

Postby Lieris » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:08 am

Nooska wrote:I think it may screw up some people that have them at high rep levels (wa sit ever possible to become exalted? I think it was, no?) in regards to achievements.

I don't think it was never possible to be more than a couple hundred rep into revered.

benebarba wrote:was the old wildhammer rep dropped to make room for the cata wildhammer clan rep?

It was removed just before TBC hit. I feel sorry for the crazies who grinded that one to exalted and have nothing to show for it!
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenris » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Lieris wrote:

I don't think it was never possible to be more than a couple hundred rep into revered.

benebarba wrote:was the old wildhammer rep dropped to make room for the cata wildhammer clan rep?

It was removed just before TBC hit. I feel sorry for the crazies who grinded that one to exalted and have nothing to show for it!

Yep,right at the start of BC

Because they made the Shadowmoon valley dwarves Wildhammer clan faction as the ones in the Hinterlands

Including the flying mount vendor

And that would have meant happy discount time on it for people with rep with them
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby PsiVen » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:27 pm

I don't care about factions that I can stick in the Inactive category. I have a billion Exalted ones sitting in there already. What bothers me is:

The Anglers
The Tillers
Alliance Vanguard

GTFO my active reputation page!
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Newsom » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Magram represent! (still friendly!)

The whole reputation UI would need an overhaul IMO, but yeah, I'm pretty sure the only reason they kept Magram/Gelkis is because of people who grinded the rep back in the day who would maybe be sad if it disappeared. There actually was a quest in Cataclysm beta that took you to exalted after doing their little revamped chain in Desolace, but they took the reputation out before it hit live.

I'm more annoyed with the extreme time sink that is the AB/WSG reps. They used to be pretty easy to grind to exalted, now it takes years.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:14 am

This bothers me greatly.

Wish I'd just finished it at the time ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:08 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:This bothers me greatly.

Wish I'd just finished it at the time ...

Meh, 20 minutes of ogre slaying tops. Fix it! :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Har, thought this was the Centaur rep. Apparently not :D

I thought I had ground out the centaur rep at some point but it was horrible so I must have come to my senses.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:35 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Har, thought this was the Centaur rep. Apparently not :D

I thought I had ground out the centaur rep at some point but it was horrible so I must have come to my senses.

You could never get that to exalted. If you saved the quests and grinded shitloads of mobs (which gave rep until 5999/6000 honored) you could push it a bit into revered, IIRC.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:49 am

I remember there being 1 mob on each side you could kill that would give a little rep after revered.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Return to General