Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby CrimsonEyes » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Guild 'drama' last night that wasn't actually very dramatic at all, or even really in guild that much.

Trying to do Island dailies before company comes over with my girl, someone out of the blue contacts me asking for a ginvite, saying he just came to our server from Area52. I tell him we don't do blind invites of strangers, we only take applicants and friends of members. He asks to talk to our GM (who's computer is dead and their new computer won't arrive until april). I try to put them off, they nag, I end up calling our GM to ask if there's someone coming from Area52 that they know of (as some of our old guild members moved to Area52 shortly before we moved off Scarlet Crusade, and then their guild kind of fell apart, and they were considering trying to come back to our guild). She has no clue what's going on, tells me to just keep doing what I'm doing.

I inform him as such, and he FINALLY gets to the point, says he was just (a few minutes ago) in a random dungeon with some people from our guild who were making our guild look bad. He names some names, and I tell him I'll investigate. I end up chatting with one of the people he ran with, someone who is pretty honest all in all to get the story.

Turns out, he was in a run with some of our guildies, he was tanking, and ended up blaming them when he pulled extra mobs in Shado-Pan. There was bickering, stuff escalated, and the guildmates eventually had enough of him being a prima-donna tank (I think they finished the run, but they generally refused to heal him or aknowledge his presence at all). When I confront him with this, and mention that he misrepresented himself from the getgo (he was actually from Mal'ganis, not Area52, and he initially presented himself as someone looking for a guild, not someone with an issue with ours), he gets defensive, and then starts whispering insults to random people in the guild.

And my ignore list grows one bigger.

Mind, the guildies could have probably handled it better (just kick the idjit), but tempers are tempers and people will be people. And I'll freely admit I don't have much patience for tanks who aren't able to accept the blame when they do something stupid (everything is not, despite popular belief, the fault of the healers or the dps). I screw up plenty, and I'm willing to admit my mistakes.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Threck » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:31 pm

Bellanka wrote:
Threck wrote:
bldavis wrote:i agree though, Threck is a right a-hole at times, yet Treck and Theck almost never are..and if they are they are polite about it :mrgreen:

Hrmmm.. may the curse of double gold be upon you.

You crossed a line, man. Not cool. This is right up there with the Ferdinand and Isabella thing.

*Shines boots.
*Steps over line.

I am better... at everything.
Threck

Postby Bellanka » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:34 pm

But when you're the best at being the worst, are you good at something or just really bad at it?

/peer
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Threck wrote:I am better... at everything.

Can you say that in Benedict Cumberbatch's voice?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Soooooo close to killing Council heroic and now we have 2 days of no raiding (we actually stick to our 5 day schedule...)

D:
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:43 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Threck » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:30 am

Bellanka wrote:But when you're the best at being the worst, are you good at something or just really bad at it?

/peer

Really now... is that the best you have?

Klaudandus wrote:
Threck wrote:I am better... at everything.

Can you say that in Benedict Cumberbatch's voice?

My own voice... is quite sufficient.
Threck

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:anyone knows of a good podcatcher app for the iphone? apple's podcast is pretty shitty...

I use Downcast, syncs its status across various devices which is nice and has location based updating, so it'll update itself when you arrive at work or leave the house. Haven't had a real issue with the latest releases of the Podcast app but I use the extra features of Downcast.

Hmmm, was hoping for a free one =p

The 1.2 update to the Apple Podcast app resolved all the reasons why I wouldn't use it.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Flex wrote:The 1.2 update to the Apple Podcast app resolved all the reasons why I wouldn't use it.

Lemme give it another try. Thanks for the headsup
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Flex wrote:The 1.2 update to the Apple Podcast app resolved all the reasons why I wouldn't use it.

Lemme give it another try. Thanks for the headsup

The biggest change is it'll respect synced podcasts from iTunes. Previously with the Podcast app installed the Music app would disable podcast playback but since the Podcast app didn't support synced iTunes podcasts they just vanished into the nether.

Subscriptions, playlists and playstate appear to sync across devices.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:55 pm

just lost a friendship, but not that torn up about it yet...oh well

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:26 am

Spitfire Beam no longer increases in damage with each jump, deals a flat 200,000 damage(up from 150,000 damage), and jumps to 99 targets (up from 20 targets).

They removing the coolest feature of Oondasta :( Basically making him a loot pinata.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Newsom » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:37 am

How is he not already a loot piñata?
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:51 am

I don't think Blizz expected the tenacity of the WoW players to find a way to zerg something, lol.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Newsom wrote:How is he not already a loot piñata?

I thought he only became a loot pinata because entire factions were taking him on in pure zerg for the fences fashion (thanks to faction tap)?
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General