Remove Advertisements

Worth dropping expertise for haste?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Worth dropping expertise for haste?

Postby Optical » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:48 am

I was thinking, could it be worth it to drop the expertise reforges down to softcap and use the overflow in haste instead?
could the extra haste outweigh the missed attacks from only being at softcap?

Would it also be worth going a full mastery / avoidance build instead of hit/exp?

What i'm thinking is that the matlabs are created on using a set prio of spells. But consider if you have knowledge of the fight and can save your SotR for just before that large hit is incoming, i usually find myself doing this quite alot on fights were there are heavy hits incoming regularly, example Elegons "Total Annihilation" or Blad Lords "Overwhelming assault".

So what i'm saying is basically, with a trained eye and knowledge of the fight, could it be usefull to go full avoidance and time your SotRs for mitigating heavy hits?
Optical

Re: Worth dropping expertise for haste?

Postby Nooska » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:59 am

This blog post should answer all the questions you didn't know you had about that;
http://sacredduty.net/2013/03/22/is-nothing-sacred/
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations