Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Shoju wrote:
Though... Am I the only one who thinks it's a little creepy that all 3 Crowder sons "love" her? I mean.... She SHOT THEIR BROTHER, and then Boyd and her... And then Johnny professes his love? WTF kind of family dynamic is that?

Johnny is the cousin but yeah, at least Ava only ever needed to change her name once. ;)

Everyone knows the best couple though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQTj-OyCFUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlhIn34Cp0Q

<3 !
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:29 pm

those videos.... uh.... wow... The Call me maybe was creepy.

I keep forgetting that Johnny is cousin, not brother. He's the son that Bo always wanted I think was the line.

Boyd is far and away my favorite character, I think that Givens is cool and all, but Boyd just seems to have a little more depth to him. He makes for a great anti-hero at times.
Shoju

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:10 pm

I grin from ear to ear whenever Boyd and Raylan have a scene together, the rapport they have is just so entertaining! Despite them being on opposite sides you end up cheering for both of them which is a fantastic dynamic. I am so glad that they didn't kill off Boyd after the pilot like in the book; it's soooo good to see Walton Goggins in another big series after The Shield but while Shane was a bit of an idiot, Boyd is a criminal genius who people under-estimate at their peril. :)
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Lieris wrote:I grin from ear to ear whenever Boyd and Raylan have a scene together, the rapport they have is just so entertaining! Despite them being on opposite sides you end up cheering for both of them which is a fantastic dynamic. I am so glad that they didn't kill off Boyd after the pilot like in the book; it's soooo good to see Walton Goggins in another big series after The Shield but while Shane was a bit of an idiot, Boyd is a criminal genius who people under-estimate at their peril. :)

Completely agree. Love Goggins, and the rapport is great. Olyphant has really come into his own in Justified.

When he said he wanted them to get him a Dairy Queen Franchise, I just about lost it.
Shoju

Postby Newsom » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:29 pm

I bought the new SimCity yesterday, and today EA wanted to give me a free game due to the launch problems a week ago. Funny thing is I haven't had any issues AT ALL since I waited before buying. Suckers.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:51 am

enjoy your free game?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:23 am

Newsom wrote:I bought the new SimCity yesterday, and today EA wanted to give me a free game due to the launch problems a week ago. Funny thing is I haven't had any issues AT ALL since I waited before buying. Suckers.

Everyone who buys SimCity until March 26th gets a free game. They're using it to generate new sales despite the bad publicity.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:28 am

What games are on offer? could be a good reason to pick it up since I was considering it previously anyway.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby lythac » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 am

Nooska wrote:What games are on offer? could be a good reason to pick it up since I was considering it previously anyway.

EA - Get your free game from SimCity wrote:Which games are available?
Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
MOHW (Standard Edition)
NFS Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:53 am

I'm wavering between giving it a go and refusing on principle. Don't particularly want to support aways-on DRM.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 am

*watches the new Star Trek trailer*

Brb...gotta go change pants.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I'm wavering between giving it a go and refusing on principle. Don't particularly want to support aways-on DRM.

Same, it took me a week before I gave in (happy I waited due to launch issues)... For some reason I started watching streams of it and it seemed so fun I couldn't resist.

Klaudandus wrote:*watches the new Star Trek trailer*

Brb...gotta go change pants.

Indeed. Spock is hawt.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Andurin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:28 am

Sim City has been quite an amusement so far. Picked it up last saturday, just 5 minutes after the new shipment came in, and it turned out to be a limited edition (Tatatataaa! Maxisman! (most annoying thing in the game so far...) ). Didnt have any real problems while playing, only that the west-europe servers where full. Managed to get Battlefield 3 out of it, and playing on west-european servers now.

Only thing I miss really is a good way to find regions with spots available :p Have to load 10 - 15 more results on the list before I can find a free spot >.< So, anyone wanna try and create a MT region?
Andurin

Postby Winkle » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:49 am

Newsom wrote:I bought the new SimCity yesterday, and today EA wanted to give me a free game due to the launch problems a week ago. Funny thing is I haven't had any issues AT ALL since I waited before buying. Suckers.

Haha Newsom i did exactly the same. In fact i was on the fence about buying it, then discovered if i bought it i'd get a free game thrown in and so decided to take the plunge.

It is a fun game but unfortunately i think many will end up finding it lacking, it alludes to offering so much but it turns out the systems behind how the cities operate are incredibly simple and thus the challenge is quickly eradicated once you understand said systems.

Not sure whether to get Mass Effect 3 or Dead Space 3 as my freebie.
Winkle

Postby Newsom » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:10 am

If they made it so cities don't stay suspended in time while you're in another one I could get behind the limited size - it's actually kind of interesting creating multiple cities that work together. But right now it doesn't really work unless you play multiplayer... I hope they eventually cave and just give us larger cities.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to General