T15 2pc

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

T15 2pc

Postby Rokh » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Can someone math me on the 2pc?

I dont like it so far, and it doesnt proc from divine purpose heals.

Do we SoTR or Shield of Glory with our HP now? And does the 2pc make eternal flame any better?

I didnt really know where to ask this btw, so move it around if you want.
Rokh

Re: T15 2pc

Postby daishan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:47 pm

Theck has done some very detailed analysis here and here
It looks like we should basically use WoG how we do at the moment, as an emergency heal when we're low and guaranteed for it to have a very small amount of over heal.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby lifeonmars » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:46 pm

I find the T15 2pc very strong situationally in practice.

For example, if you're single-tanking Tortos, if you sit on enough HoPo to pre-WoG right before picking up bats while still covering all the boss specials (which is very practical for a Control/Haste player), the 40% extra block percentage is amazing.
lifeonmars

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:40 am

Situationally good, otherwise merely a consolation prize for having to hit WoG and lose 3 seconds of 50% mitigation.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Diceone » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:26 am

I take it just because there are 2 tier pieces with good itemization (Head/Shoulders) and those slots don't have anything spectacular off-tier.

I really just look at it in the sense of: not taking physical damage now? wog is probably a better option and when I start taking physical again I have that mitigation up. Things like Magaera where the breaths hit hard so you can wog during it and get the block after breath is done. It's supposed to augment wog not make wog something you want to cast more frequently.
Sholdice of [H] Static on US-Arthas
Diceone

Postby Schroom » Mon May 06, 2013 12:04 am

I love the 2 set bonus because, if I have to WoG at least I don't drop my pants :)
Schroom

Postby Treck » Mon May 06, 2013 9:49 am

I think the 2 set bonus is great.
Usefull? not always.
But it changes our abilities a little bit.
IF we want a lot of block, we can have it, and block for 15sec compared to 50% dmg reduce for 3sec, its actually somewhat competitive.
When you are not taking much damage however, you can either WoG someone else (to not lose bastion stacks) or just have Harsh words and "dps" the boss and you will still get the buff up.
Problem is that its obviously not 100% (like warriors) so its not predictable.

Mainly i like it cause if you have to WoG yourself to survive, even if that hit is low, the 2set will increase chances of a block, meaning you are likely to survive (altho WoG should heal you for 1mill hp if you ever take that much damage :P)
Treck

Postby Fetzie » Mon May 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Yeah, hitting WoG with 5 Bastion stacks is like hitting Lay on Hands.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Brokenone » Tue May 07, 2013 10:34 am

Fetzie wrote:Yeah, hitting WoG with 5 Bastion stacks is like hitting Lay on Hands.

LoH is still on the GCD though right?
Brokenone

Postby Worldie » Tue May 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Hasnt been on GCD since 4.0
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations