Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby djlar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:07 am

Fenrìr wrote:You can get lesser charms from pet battles.

Well, not a pet battle fan (I stopped at my highest pet at level 12)

I would stop playing alts to do all the stuff, dailies, LFR, heroics, scenarios, farm, pet battles and maybe throw some PvP at it, that's without normal raiding if I can get into a PuG.. (and I almost forgot the new mantid archy)

When all 12 bosses are unlocked on LFR I can't imagine how much time I will spend there..
djlar

Postby Winkle » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:35 am

djlar wrote:OK, 3 weeks from patch, 2 of those LFR'ing, that's 9 bosses, 9 coins in main toon, 6 bosses/coins on second toon, 3 bosses/coins on third, gotten absolutely nothing. With the new wing and at least 2 hour runs I don't think I can bare to run that same wing with a 3rd.

Also, I feel Blizz is forcing the casuals to only use one toon, maybe 2 if you have like 5 hours a day to play, and I call BS that doing dailies is optional, how else would you get extra rolls?

Why would you even want to play 3 characters if all your doing is content on them which you don't enjoy?
Winkle

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:48 am

djlar wrote:OK, 3 weeks from patch, 2 of those LFR'ing, that's 9 bosses, 9 coins in main toon, 6 bosses/coins on second toon, 3 bosses/coins on third, gotten absolutely nothing. With the new wing and at least 2 hour runs I don't think I can bare to run that same wing with a 3rd.

Also, I feel Blizz is forcing the casuals to only use one toon, maybe 2 if you have like 5 hours a day to play, and I call BS that doing dailies is optional, how else would you get extra rolls?

There's an EASY way to get extra rolls, without pet battles or other...

Go out to the Isle, kill a rare or find a chest to get the key for the treasure room, do the loot scenario, and you'll get at least 5 or 6 elder charms. I have 2 alts I'm doing exactly this on, and that's the ONLY content those alts are running. Plus your alts get some extra valor from killing the rares. I typically get the key by the 2nd or 3rd rare.

But you are right in another aspect, it's really hard if you are capping valor on a main, to get much time in on alts.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby djlar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:49 am

I wish I could only do LFRs, but again, and Blizzard doesn't want to admit, that we must do dailies for an extra chance of loot, I don't know about you but I like 2 chances per boss better than 1 (then bang my keyboard twice LOL)
djlar

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:52 am

djlar wrote:I wish I could only do LFRs, but again, and Blizzard doesn't want to admit, that we must do dailies for an extra chance of loot, I don't know about you but I like 2 chances per boss better than 1 (then bang my keyboard twice LOL)

I think you are missing what I said... the elder charms for the extra rolls can be obtained from the loot scenario, without doing dailies. Each of my alts has 5-6 of them to use this week, and I'm not great in that loot scenario.

halabar

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:03 am

halabar wrote:
djlar wrote:I wish I could only do LFRs, but again, and Blizzard doesn't want to admit, that we must do dailies for an extra chance of loot, I don't know about you but I like 2 chances per boss better than 1 (then bang my keyboard twice LOL)

I think you are missing what I said... the elder charms for the extra rolls can be obtained from the loot scenario, without doing dailies. Each of my alts has 5-6 of them to use this week, and I'm not great in that loot scenario.

He's talking about lesser elder charms to turn into mogu runes of fate for the new tier.
Rhiannon

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:05 am

Rhiannon wrote:
halabar wrote:

He's talking about lesser elder charms to turn into mogu runes of fate for the new tier.

I'd love for my alts to be ToT LFR capable.. but.. that 2nd wing.. not so much.. :-P

halabar

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:07 am

I started doing pet battles simply because grinding 90 lesser charms a week on the three characters I do t15 content on via dailies made me want to break something, especially when none of them have meaningful upgrades from the daily rep.
Rhiannon

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 am

Rhiannon wrote:I started doing pet battles simply because grinding 90 lesser charms a week on the three characters I do t15 content on via dailies made me want to break something, especially when none of them have meaningful upgrades from the daily rep.

Well, the extra valor to be gained from the rares is the only reason I'd do Isle dailies, even on my main, once everything is unlocked. Combined with 150 valor each week from the 3-stones quest, that really helps for valor capping.

(However, once my main has all the valor gear he could use, this approach will change dramatically...)

halabar

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:42 am

i am in the running for worst afflicted altoholic on these forums, but i am only doing dailies for my toon that i might get decent progression on and need the gear for (sorry PKers, but gleagh is more than geared enough for what we do)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:58 am

They fully know that, it was designed that way. I point you back to Culhag's post. It is a reward for players who do non-raid stuff. If you want to possibly gear up twice as fast you have to do extra work for it, otherwise you gear up at the normal pace.

bldavis wrote:i am in the running for worst afflicted altoholic on these forums, but i am only doing dailies for my toon that i might get decent progression on and need the gear for (sorry PKers, but gleagh is more than geared enough for what we do)

I stop doing dailies daily once I hit exalted, so less than two weeks for the new one, and only pick them back up when I get close to a milestone VP point from group content. I'll go through one cycle to get a key because the treasure room is fun.

On my hunter alt I'm just doing rep via the farm, 960 rep a day for almost zero work is fine for me, and dungeon/scenario runs.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Threck » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:11 am

bldavis wrote:i agree though, Threck is a right a-hole at times, yet Treck and Theck almost never are..and if they are they are polite about it :mrgreen:

Hrmmm.. may the curse of double gold be upon you.
Threck

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:27 am

Depression is just kicking my ass
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:51 am

Threck wrote:
bldavis wrote:i agree though, Threck is a right a-hole at times, yet Treck and Theck almost never are..and if they are they are polite about it :mrgreen:

:evil: ass

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Bellanka » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:55 am

Threck wrote:

You crossed a line, man. Not cool. This is right up there with the Ferdinand and Isabella thing.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General