Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm selling a ton of Jade Squash at 130g per 25. What I don't get is what everyone is doing with all of it. I didn't see any 300 stat food recipes that use it but hey if they're buying I couldn't care less if they threw them out after they bought them.
Teranoid

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:54 am

Hi Tera,

I wonder if its all being used in LFR atm. I know I do not use my best consumables in LFR. hehe
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Newsom » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Teranoid wrote:I'm selling a ton of Jade Squash at 130g per 25. What I don't get is what everyone is doing with all of it. I didn't see any 300 stat food recipes that use it but hey if they're buying I couldn't care less if they threw them out after they bought them.

Spirit feasts. Healers get int from the other ones for some stupid reason. Could also be people just maxing their Way of the Steamer.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Teranoid » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 am

I suppose. Either way that market has now come back to earth.. after I bought 1500 of them. Ugh.
Teranoid

Postby Holyblaze » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:43 pm

haha if I had a gold for every time to tried to buy up and control a market...
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Chunes » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Holyblaze wrote:haha if I had a gold for every time to tried to buy up and control a market...

Yeah, that's a losing game on any item that's even relatively easy to come by.
Chunes

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Teranoid wrote:I suppose. Either way that market has now come back to earth.. after I bought 1500 of them. Ugh.

What are your prices for soy sauce, and the other ironpaw mats? You could turn those squash in for tokens, and buy the soy sauce, etc.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Those mats took me forever to move which is why I moved to the raw mats. They've started to move albeit at a considerably lower price but given that it was basically overflow from my alt farms I'm still making a healthy profit.

Tailoring alt finally hit exalted with AC yesterday with close to 100 silk from my purposely slow climb. The money is raining from the sky right now. Bags selling at almost 4900g each but I don't see this lasting very long.

Not having my fleet of crafters over here is really hamstringing me on what potentially could be double if not triple what I'm bringing in now a day but I just can't justify all the rerolls/server xfers right now.
Teranoid

Postby djlar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:04 am

Hybrid gems, mostly orange, are up to 180g at the moment! I buy raws at 80g and make 100g profit on each.

Scopes are up to 900g (they were 150g before), I guess Torto's dropping a lot of bows, and that last week that LFR wing opened up.
djlar

Postby oldboyz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:55 am

ding 1 millions!!

faster thant planned !!

mostly JC
i do not care anymore with prospecting (and shuffle stuff), enchant sell very very few (too few margin). So, just buying golden lotus (50-60po) and transmut, list when 150 min

nice if patch note 5.3 is not a 1st april fool trick : there will be mysterious bag at the BM
oldboyz

Postby djlar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:13 am

oldboyz wrote:ding 1 millions!!

faster thant planned !!

mostly JC
i do not care anymore with prospecting (and shuffle stuff), enchant sell very very few (too few margin). So, just buying golden lotus (50-60po) and transmut, list when 150 min

nice if patch note 5.3 is not a 1st april fool trick : there will be mysterious bag at the BM

With my luck it will have an orange tabby cat (that I have 3/3) LOL
djlar

Postby Chunes » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:31 pm

Gratz on the mil oldboyz!

I'm content to say I have made 30k in the last few weeks, but that's mostly because I can't be asked to do anything but hawk overpriced glyphs.

Moving forward I'd like to get my gatherer leveled up and ready to go, then get JC/Ench up.

I also need to get a good grasp on flipping xmog stuff. I'm still a little hesitant to get into that business...
Chunes

Postby Jabari » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:01 am

Heh, I just hit 400k. Not really concentrating on making gold (too many alts to run!), but that felt kinda nice.

My "big seller" suddenly seems to be the ilvl450 crafted Plate Tanking pieces. Great margin on them, and the volume is quite good for crafted gear - I'm going through at least a half-set of them every day right now. Potion market seems to have come back a bit too.

The battle-pet prices seem to have crashed, though - at least for the raid ones. (Damn you slow-ass Hydrxian Waterlords rep *laugh*). Down to like 300 for the MC/BWL ones at least, where they were selling for 1200-1500 before.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 am

Yeah I'm just now breaking 400k myself.

Been moving lotus and doing bag sales on weekends when people dump all their shit for ridiculous prices. I haven't paid attention to battle pet prices for a while now.. it was already drying up when I was moving stuff.

I'm kinda getting complacent again :\
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Fri May 03, 2013 8:45 am

So... right now I have a JC, Encht, Alch, Scribex2, Eng, Miner, Tailor, all maxed.

With that in mind, leveling a lock, and am wondering about professions. Lock is now 71, so it's time to do some powerleveling, but can't decide on the professions.

I've saved all the cloth sofar that the lock has gathered while leveling, so if I want another tailor, I have a start there. Inscript or Encht would be ok for the buffs, but nothing is really mandatory.

So... what combo for a lock (gnome btw)?

Market on my server is pretty camped, and I really don't have time between all the LFR runs to do any serious goldmaking these days....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General