Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:25 am

So far it looks like I will be PS4 only. I have 10 consoles plugged in at any one time and two TVs for them so only buying 1 console for this new generation is anathema to me (I *love* getting a new console) but Nintendo have become completely incompetent and everything leaked about the new Xbox represents completely the opposite of what I want a console to be.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:22 am

One of my favorite shows on TV right now is Justified. There isn't too much about the show that I don't like. Last night was a Great episode, with Patton Oswalt, playing a "County Constable" (think glorified elected security gaurd).

Well, he knows where someone is, and the bad guys want to know. So they send a man nicknamed "Yolo" to find him. He finds Constable Bob, and proceeds to beat the hell out of him while screaming: "WHERE'S DREW!"

Constable Bob does everything he can to not give in to the beating, at one point, saying "Oh, Drewbacca?" I laughed long and hard at that.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 am

Bob's beating was really hard to watch although it made it all the more satisfying to see him succeed this week and truly gain Raylan's respect.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 am

Lieris wrote:So far it looks like I will be PS4 only. I have 10 consoles plugged in at any one time and two TVs for them so only buying 1 console for this new generation is anathema to me (I *love* getting a new console) but Nintendo have become completely incompetent and everything leaked about the new Xbox represents completely the opposite of what I want a console to be.


Only thing my PS3 gets used for are the Netflix, CrunchyRoll, and YouTube apps.. and the occasional DVD/Blueray
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Teranoid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 am

Lieris wrote:So far it looks like I will be PS4 only. I have 10 consoles plugged in at any one time and two TVs for them so only buying 1 console for this new generation is anathema to me (I *love* getting a new console) but Nintendo have become completely incompetent and everything leaked about the new Xbox represents completely the opposite of what I want a console to be.


I wish Nintendo would just get out of the console business. Everything they've put out since the Gamecube has been hot garbage kept alive on the same 3-4 stale franchises they've been riding for 20 years. It's embarrassing to see something that was such a part of my childhood turn to absolute shit because Nintendo thought regular controls were antiquated and waggling a stick and looking like you're having a fucking seizure while playing a video game is the next big thing in gaming.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:36 am

halabar wrote:Only thing my PS3 gets used for are the Netflix, CrunchyRoll, and YouTube apps.. and the occasional DVD/Blueray


My PS3 is pretty much my one stop shop for everything. I have over 100 games for it, use media streaming all the time for episode downloads, iPlayer, music, Youtube, Lovefilm, Blurays... I absolutely adore it. Even when I go through phases of not having the time/energy/desire to play games it still gets used everyday. :)

I recently bought another year of PS+ for just £20; more free games every month than I can possibly get through!
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 am

Teranoid wrote:
Lieris wrote:So far it looks like I will be PS4 only. I have 10 consoles plugged in at any one time and two TVs for them so only buying 1 console for this new generation is anathema to me (I *love* getting a new console) but Nintendo have become completely incompetent and everything leaked about the new Xbox represents completely the opposite of what I want a console to be.


I wish Nintendo would just get out of the console business. Everything they've put out since the Gamecube has been hot garbage kept alive on the same 3-4 stale franchises they've been riding for 20 years. It's embarrassing to see something that was such a part of my childhood turn to absolute shit because Nintendo thought regular controls were antiquated and waggling a stick and looking like you're having a fucking seizure while playing a video game is the next big thing in gaming.


I like Nintendo a lot so I don't really agree; people gobble up rubbish like COD and Madden/FIFA every year so I don't think it's fair that Nintendo get accused of exploiting their franchises (the only fatigue I have is towards the "New" Super Mario series) when we only got one Wii Zelda (TP is a Gamecube game in my book), one Fire Emblem, one 2D Wario game, one Metroid etc. I don't like waggle either and hate it when it's shoehorned in needlessly but I still managed to find 20 Wii games to buy and at least with a hacked Wii you can use a normal controller in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

My problem with them is that they are still 10 years behind on online services. I bought a bunch of Wii Virtual Console games yet I can't log into my Nintendo ID (which has a full record of everything I bought, viewable in my browser) and download them all to my 3DS or to my Wii U (if I owned one). If I buy something digitally it shouldn't be locked to just that piece of hardware because if my stuff gets stolen or breaks then I am at Nintendo customer support's mercy. As we move closer to an all digital future, this is unacceptable to me.

Also, region locked, no ethernet port, no optical port (I don't have a HDMI receiver so I would be limited to stereo) and bad battery life on the pad further sour me on the Wii U.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Lieris wrote:Bob's beating was really hard to watch although it made it all the more satisfying to see him succeed this week and truly gain Raylan's respect.


It was a little tough to watch, but when he was talking with "Picker", and said that Bob had set a high standard, it was indeed satisfying. Good ol' Constable Bob.

Now, the question becomes.... WTF is going to happen with the Crowder infighting, and Mr. Augustine. Man, that guy has elevated his acting to a whole new creepy level with Justified.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Shoju wrote:
It was a little tough to watch, but when he was talking with "Picker", and said that Bob had set a high standard, it was indeed satisfying. Good ol' Constable Bob.

Now, the question becomes.... WTF is going to happen with the Crowder infighting, and Mr. Augustine. Man, that guy has elevated his acting to a whole new creepy level with Justified.


I really wanted Ava to put the lighter to his face. I hope she finally gets the chance to give him what he deserves when Boyd inevitably makes his move.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Lieris wrote:
Shoju wrote:
It was a little tough to watch, but when he was talking with "Picker", and said that Bob had set a high standard, it was indeed satisfying. Good ol' Constable Bob.

Now, the question becomes.... WTF is going to happen with the Crowder infighting, and Mr. Augustine. Man, that guy has elevated his acting to a whole new creepy level with Justified.


I really wanted Ava to put the lighter to his face. I hope she finally gets the chance to give him what he deserves when Boyd inevitably makes his move.


meeeeeeeee tooooooo.

Though... Am I the only one who thinks it's a little creepy that all 3 Crowder sons "love" her? I mean.... She SHOT THEIR BROTHER, and then Boyd and her... And then Johnny professes his love? WTF kind of family dynamic is that?
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Shoju wrote:
Though... Am I the only one who thinks it's a little creepy that all 3 Crowder sons "love" her? I mean.... She SHOT THEIR BROTHER, and then Boyd and her... And then Johnny professes his love? WTF kind of family dynamic is that?


Johnny is the cousin but yeah, at least Ava only ever needed to change her name once. ;)

Everyone knows the best couple though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQTj-OyCFUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlhIn34Cp0Q

<3 !
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:29 pm

those videos.... uh.... wow... The Call me maybe was creepy.

I keep forgetting that Johnny is cousin, not brother. He's the son that Bo always wanted I think was the line.

Boyd is far and away my favorite character, I think that Givens is cool and all, but Boyd just seems to have a little more depth to him. He makes for a great anti-hero at times.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:10 pm

I grin from ear to ear whenever Boyd and Raylan have a scene together, the rapport they have is just so entertaining! Despite them being on opposite sides you end up cheering for both of them which is a fantastic dynamic. I am so glad that they didn't kill off Boyd after the pilot like in the book; it's soooo good to see Walton Goggins in another big series after The Shield but while Shane was a bit of an idiot, Boyd is a criminal genius who people under-estimate at their peril. :)
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Lieris wrote:I grin from ear to ear whenever Boyd and Raylan have a scene together, the rapport they have is just so entertaining! Despite them being on opposite sides you end up cheering for both of them which is a fantastic dynamic. I am so glad that they didn't kill off Boyd after the pilot like in the book; it's soooo good to see Walton Goggins in another big series after The Shield but while Shane was a bit of an idiot, Boyd is a criminal genius who people under-estimate at their peril. :)


Completely agree. Love Goggins, and the rapport is great. Olyphant has really come into his own in Justified.

When he said he wanted them to get him a Dairy Queen Franchise, I just about lost it.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Newsom » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:29 pm

I bought the new SimCity yesterday, and today EA wanted to give me a free game due to the launch problems a week ago. Funny thing is I haven't had any issues AT ALL since I waited before buying. Suckers.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:51 am

enjoy your free game?
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:23 am

Newsom wrote:I bought the new SimCity yesterday, and today EA wanted to give me a free game due to the launch problems a week ago. Funny thing is I haven't had any issues AT ALL since I waited before buying. Suckers.

Everyone who buys SimCity until March 26th gets a free game. They're using it to generate new sales despite the bad publicity.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4788
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Nooska » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:28 am

What games are on offer? could be a good reason to pick it up since I was considering it previously anyway.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby lythac » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 am

Nooska wrote:What games are on offer? could be a good reason to pick it up since I was considering it previously anyway.

EA - Get your free game from SimCity wrote:Which games are available?
Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
MOHW (Standard Edition)
NFS Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2065
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:53 am

I'm wavering between giving it a go and refusing on principle. Don't particularly want to support aways-on DRM.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4788
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 am

*watches the new Star Trek trailer*


Brb...gotta go change pants.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9349
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Newsom » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I'm wavering between giving it a go and refusing on principle. Don't particularly want to support aways-on DRM.


Same, it took me a week before I gave in (happy I waited due to launch issues)... For some reason I started watching streams of it and it seemed so fun I couldn't resist.


Klaudandus wrote:*watches the new Star Trek trailer*


Brb...gotta go change pants.


Indeed. Spock is hawt.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Andurin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:28 am

Sim City has been quite an amusement so far. Picked it up last saturday, just 5 minutes after the new shipment came in, and it turned out to be a limited edition (Tatatataaa! Maxisman! (most annoying thing in the game so far...) ). Didnt have any real problems while playing, only that the west-europe servers where full. Managed to get Battlefield 3 out of it, and playing on west-european servers now.

Only thing I miss really is a good way to find regions with spots available :p Have to load 10 - 15 more results on the list before I can find a free spot >.< So, anyone wanna try and create a MT region?
Andurin
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Winkle » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:49 am

Newsom wrote:I bought the new SimCity yesterday, and today EA wanted to give me a free game due to the launch problems a week ago. Funny thing is I haven't had any issues AT ALL since I waited before buying. Suckers.


Haha Newsom i did exactly the same. In fact i was on the fence about buying it, then discovered if i bought it i'd get a free game thrown in and so decided to take the plunge.

It is a fun game but unfortunately i think many will end up finding it lacking, it alludes to offering so much but it turns out the systems behind how the cities operate are incredibly simple and thus the challenge is quickly eradicated once you understand said systems.

Not sure whether to get Mass Effect 3 or Dead Space 3 as my freebie.
Winkle
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Newsom » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:10 am

If they made it so cities don't stay suspended in time while you're in another one I could get behind the limited size - it's actually kind of interesting creating multiple cities that work together. But right now it doesn't really work unless you play multiplayer... I hope they eventually cave and just give us larger cities.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest