Remove Advertisements

Prot Paladin Stat weights

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Prot Paladin Stat weights

Postby theckhd » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:32 pm

It may be worth noting that I developed the stat weights with that meta gem disabled - I certainly didn't intend for that behavior. I'm not sure how much lower you need to set haste to get it to stop doing that.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby daishan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Surely it shouldn't be the Meta Gem affecting hastes value?
As it says "chance on being hit to gain 20% reduction to physical damage taken" I assume that should mean it's down to the bosses swing timer as to how much it procs.
I know AMR been doing funny things since the patch, hope they can iron out the bugs soon.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 pm

daishan wrote:Surely it shouldn't be the Meta Gem affecting hastes value?
As it says "chance on being hit to gain 20% reduction to physical damage taken" I assume that should mean it's down to the bosses swing timer as to how much it procs.
I know AMR been doing funny things since the patch, hope they can iron out the bugs soon.

The proc chance is

Indomitable Primal Diamond – 1.40 RealPPM on damage/absorb taken from melee ability or swing. No ICD.

So,since it's real ppm,haste actually has an impact on it

BTW,seems they patched the system today and made some change on how AMR calculates haste for trinkets procs.

My bet is the change affected the meta gems too,because now i'm getting the right control/mastery reforges even with the legendary meta included

Hope it's not only a chance thing
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby cfmcghee » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:21 am

While I like using AMR to catch those enchants/gems I may have missed, I prefer to use in-game addons to help me make gear/tweak suggestions, specifically Pawn and Reforgelite. Whould plugging in the above stats weights into these addons produce the same results, or is the math different from AMR?
cfmcghee

Postby ArgentSun » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:16 am

In the light of recent developments, I have a few questions:

• Since Stamina is confirmed to be pretty rad, is Theck's suggestions on the AMR forums still accurate, or do we need to make some adjustments?
  • What happened to the balanced Control/HasteMastery build from this blog post? It appeared once, pretty much kicked both Control/Haste's and Control/Mastery's butts, and then disappeared. I was looking forward to seeing it in the more recent Stamina simulations, but for some reason it was not there.
  • Finally, assuming both Theck's suggested weights are still accurate, and the C/HM is still viable, will the following weights work for me (mostly LFR, occasionally 10M raider), if I want favor Stamina (but not extremely) while keeping a balanced Haste/Mastery ratio?
    Code: Select all
    Stamina: 2.0
    Hit: 1.1
    Expertise: 1.09
    Armor: 1.0
    Mastery/Haste 1.0
    Strength: 0.6
    Dodge/Parry: 0.5
ArgentSun

Postby theckhd » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:16 am

The AMR stat weights are still accurate. I've been saying that stamina is strong since MoP's release (unlike a large portion of the tanking community, apparently, since they complained loudly about how high my stamina weights were in 5.0/5.1).

The control/mastery build got axed because I was going to write a follow-up post where I went into more detail with it (i.e. finer steps, like trading 1k haste for 1k mastery). It then got delayed due to other factors. I still plan on doing it, likely this week, as most of the data is already generated. It really depends on whether I decide it's worth delaying it longer to implement Seal of Insight in the code first.

I think your stats probably overvalue Stamina for 10-man. Not that it isn't good enough to warrant a 2.0 value (if I recall correctly, my default is 1.5), it's just not as necessary because bosses don't hit as hard. Haste gives you less raw survivability than Stamina, but gives you a huge chunk of DPS. So for 10-man I think it's fine to shed a little more Stamina to raise your overall raid DPS. How much you shed really depends on how squishy you feel, which is a function of your play quality and healers and what not.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations