Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Just got a call from my "son" *facedesk*
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:55 am

Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:59 am

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/20/41266 ... ired-rumor

Ballmer apparently really wants me to buy a PS4 instead
---
Klaudandus

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:08 am

Klaudandus wrote:http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/20/4126632/next-xbox-always-connected-game-install-required-rumor

No used games either.

The best Xbox was the first one (with modchip and a huge hard drive of course!).
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:25 am

Lieris wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/20/4126632/next-xbox-always-connected-game-install-required-rumor

No used games either.

The best Xbox was the first one (with modchip and a huge hard drive of course!).

Yep, both things combined really doesn't make me wanna buy a new xbox.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:25 am

So far it looks like I will be PS4 only. I have 10 consoles plugged in at any one time and two TVs for them so only buying 1 console for this new generation is anathema to me (I *love* getting a new console) but Nintendo have become completely incompetent and everything leaked about the new Xbox represents completely the opposite of what I want a console to be.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:22 am

One of my favorite shows on TV right now is Justified. There isn't too much about the show that I don't like. Last night was a Great episode, with Patton Oswalt, playing a "County Constable" (think glorified elected security gaurd).

Well, he knows where someone is, and the bad guys want to know. So they send a man nicknamed "Yolo" to find him. He finds Constable Bob, and proceeds to beat the hell out of him while screaming: "WHERE'S DREW!"

Constable Bob does everything he can to not give in to the beating, at one point, saying "Oh, Drewbacca?" I laughed long and hard at that.
Shoju

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 am

Bob's beating was really hard to watch although it made it all the more satisfying to see him succeed this week and truly gain Raylan's respect.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 am

Lieris wrote:So far it looks like I will be PS4 only. I have 10 consoles plugged in at any one time and two TVs for them so only buying 1 console for this new generation is anathema to me (I *love* getting a new console) but Nintendo have become completely incompetent and everything leaked about the new Xbox represents completely the opposite of what I want a console to be.

Only thing my PS3 gets used for are the Netflix, CrunchyRoll, and YouTube apps.. and the occasional DVD/Blueray
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 am

Lieris wrote:So far it looks like I will be PS4 only. I have 10 consoles plugged in at any one time and two TVs for them so only buying 1 console for this new generation is anathema to me (I *love* getting a new console) but Nintendo have become completely incompetent and everything leaked about the new Xbox represents completely the opposite of what I want a console to be.

I wish Nintendo would just get out of the console business. Everything they've put out since the Gamecube has been hot garbage kept alive on the same 3-4 stale franchises they've been riding for 20 years. It's embarrassing to see something that was such a part of my childhood turn to absolute shit because Nintendo thought regular controls were antiquated and waggling a stick and looking like you're having a fucking seizure while playing a video game is the next big thing in gaming.
Teranoid

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:36 am

halabar wrote:Only thing my PS3 gets used for are the Netflix, CrunchyRoll, and YouTube apps.. and the occasional DVD/Blueray

My PS3 is pretty much my one stop shop for everything. I have over 100 games for it, use media streaming all the time for episode downloads, iPlayer, music, Youtube, Lovefilm, Blurays... I absolutely adore it. Even when I go through phases of not having the time/energy/desire to play games it still gets used everyday. :)

I recently bought another year of PS+ for just £20; more free games every month than I can possibly get through!
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 am

Teranoid wrote:

I wish Nintendo would just get out of the console business. Everything they've put out since the Gamecube has been hot garbage kept alive on the same 3-4 stale franchises they've been riding for 20 years. It's embarrassing to see something that was such a part of my childhood turn to absolute shit because Nintendo thought regular controls were antiquated and waggling a stick and looking like you're having a fucking seizure while playing a video game is the next big thing in gaming.

I like Nintendo a lot so I don't really agree; people gobble up rubbish like COD and Madden/FIFA every year so I don't think it's fair that Nintendo get accused of exploiting their franchises (the only fatigue I have is towards the "New" Super Mario series) when we only got one Wii Zelda (TP is a Gamecube game in my book), one Fire Emblem, one 2D Wario game, one Metroid etc. I don't like waggle either and hate it when it's shoehorned in needlessly but I still managed to find 20 Wii games to buy and at least with a hacked Wii you can use a normal controller in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

My problem with them is that they are still 10 years behind on online services. I bought a bunch of Wii Virtual Console games yet I can't log into my Nintendo ID (which has a full record of everything I bought, viewable in my browser) and download them all to my 3DS or to my Wii U (if I owned one). If I buy something digitally it shouldn't be locked to just that piece of hardware because if my stuff gets stolen or breaks then I am at Nintendo customer support's mercy. As we move closer to an all digital future, this is unacceptable to me.

Also, region locked, no ethernet port, no optical port (I don't have a HDMI receiver so I would be limited to stereo) and bad battery life on the pad further sour me on the Wii U.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Lieris wrote:Bob's beating was really hard to watch although it made it all the more satisfying to see him succeed this week and truly gain Raylan's respect.

It was a little tough to watch, but when he was talking with "Picker", and said that Bob had set a high standard, it was indeed satisfying. Good ol' Constable Bob.

Now, the question becomes.... WTF is going to happen with the Crowder infighting, and Mr. Augustine. Man, that guy has elevated his acting to a whole new creepy level with Justified.
Shoju

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Shoju wrote:
It was a little tough to watch, but when he was talking with "Picker", and said that Bob had set a high standard, it was indeed satisfying. Good ol' Constable Bob.

Now, the question becomes.... WTF is going to happen with the Crowder infighting, and Mr. Augustine. Man, that guy has elevated his acting to a whole new creepy level with Justified.

I really wanted Ava to put the lighter to his face. I hope she finally gets the chance to give him what he deserves when Boyd inevitably makes his move.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Lieris wrote:
Shoju wrote:

I really wanted Ava to put the lighter to his face. I hope she finally gets the chance to give him what he deserves when Boyd inevitably makes his move.

meeeeeeeee tooooooo.

Though... Am I the only one who thinks it's a little creepy that all 3 Crowder sons "love" her? I mean.... She SHOT THEIR BROTHER, and then Boyd and her... And then Johnny professes his love? WTF kind of family dynamic is that?
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General