Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 am

bldavis wrote:hell if it took them longer i would be worried i would never be able to see the content on normal!

rofl
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:46 am

To add to EA's hurt..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21842327

More than 10 million people thought to have accounts with Electronic Arts's (EA) Origin game store are at risk from a hack attack that swaps games for malicious code, researchers say.

In lab experiments, the researchers exploited a loophole in the way Origin handles links to games users have downloaded and installed to make it run code that compromised a target machine.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:51 am

It's karma from all the studios they have killed.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:21 am

For some reason, I have no problem reading strategies for other instances but I feel like reading up on the Trove of the Thunder King solo loot run is cheating.

That said, I'm slowly coming around to that I should probably do it
:P
benebarba

Postby Sagara » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:33 am

Nah, not really. THere are a couple tips that are really important, but beyond that, there's nothing much to know:

A) Gnothi plan: make your plan for the run. Typical plans include "scour the first room clean", "amass Golden Chests" and "Rush to the final boss". All three seem profitable.
B) Eyes up here: a metric crapton of chests are hidden in every hook and cranny of the dungeons. Typical tricks include ledge walking and box climbing, as well as abusing the wind trap to propel yourself over a barrier later on.
C) (never tested myself) Keep your keys close: Apparently, there's a door that can only be opened with one of the Elder Charm keys, to get to the last boss.
D) Fighting is bad, mmkay? Most of the enemies aren't made to kill you, but to slow/annoy you. The Ashen Weavers in particular should be a very high priority, due to their snare.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:55 am

Sagara wrote:Nah, not really. THere are a couple tips that are really important, but beyond that, there's nothing much to know:

A) Gnothi plan: make your plan for the run. Typical plans include "scour the first room clean", "amass Golden Chests" and "Rush to the final boss". All three seem profitable.
B) Eyes up here: a metric crapton of chests are hidden in every hook and cranny of the dungeons. Typical tricks include ledge walking and box climbing, as well as abusing the wind trap to propel yourself over a barrier later on.
C) (never tested myself) Keep your keys close: Apparently, there's a door that can only be opened with one of the Elder Charm keys, to get to the last boss.
D) Fighting is bad, mmkay? Most of the enemies aren't made to kill you, but to slow/annoy you. The Ashen Weavers in particular should be a very high priority, due to their snare.

Gotta say, good to do it on a hunter, since the pet can take care of the small spiders where you don't even notice them.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:44 am

I want to nominate the following quote from a slashdot comment thread regarding the SC5 debacle for statement of the month:

"This falls into the "pissing on me and telling me it's raining" category. If you're going to piss on me, at least be honest about it. And don't eat asparagus first.
"
benebarba

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:30 am

Fetzie wrote:And the fact that they start raiding at 8 am and don't stop until 2 or 3 am, 7 days a week until the place is cleared when the patch goes live.

People see "cleared X bosses in a day/week" not the "Took hundreds of pulls to clear just boss X."

If I remember correctly the first heroic mode Spine of Deathwing took somewhere north of 400 pulls.

We need to modify it to Number of Attempts to get a good look at it.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:37 am

for example, it took 400+ kills for heroic spine, but it took us just like 10 pulls to get Jin'Rohk normal (bad example but just pointing out the sheer amount of disparity)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 am

Flex wrote:
Fetzie wrote:And the fact that they start raiding at 8 am and don't stop until 2 or 3 am, 7 days a week until the place is cleared when the patch goes live.

People see "cleared X bosses in a day/week" not the "Took hundreds of pulls to clear just boss X."

If I remember correctly the first heroic mode Spine of Deathwing took somewhere north of 400 pulls.

We need to modify it to Number of Attempts to get a good look at it.

well, and these people probably also want something to get all angry about. Nothing will fix that ;)
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 am

oh wait til the next LFR doesnt come out next week...
i am stocking up on popcorn already! :D

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:00 pm

bldavis wrote:oh wait til the next LFR doesnt come out next week...
i am stocking up on popcorn already! :D

this game is to eas..OMGTHEDINOISEATINGMYFACEPLEASEMAKEITSTOPPPPPP!!!!!11one!
benebarba

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:22 pm

My lvl 68 warrior just got tier legs off Sha
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Teranoid wrote:My lvl 68 warrior just got tier legs off Sha

:shock:
erm...
gratz?

bldavis

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:44 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General