Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Jabari » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 am

Rare Minfernal! *jealous*

I'll have to check out the addons, esp. the team one. Stupid stupid wrong spells all the time. *laugh*

Anyone know the droprate for the Pandarian Spirits from those bags? I've been beating all 4 every day for a while, haven't gotten a pet from them yet. :(

The lightning croc thing from Isle of Thunder is decent against elementals - Taste for Blood is a huge hit. I still like the snail a bit more, Shield and Absorb keep its health up between Dives. (Except against the V4W trainer - the croc tears up the sunflower and turnip - easy big XP for leveling something else.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:24 am

no idea one the spirits drop rate, just took a couple weeks. On the other hand got all the pandas within 5 dailies.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fenris » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:28 am

Feline Familiar is actually a very good all-purpose pet; making him rare is a good call. I was using him for most of my Beasts of Fable teams to open; Prowl followed by Call Darkness is a fantastic combo that will take off about 1/4 of any of the beasts of fable's health. Not to mention 1-shot most non-legendary or player pets or ANY legendary dragon pet.

I'll give him more chances then,i admit i never thought of prowl buffing coD damage...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Newsom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Got my rare Yellow Moth to 25 and decided to try some PvP with triple moths. So far I've only lost once out of 15 battles, with 2 people fleeing on sight now, and one guy started using moths. :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Fenris » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:39 pm

Ok,after starting the last BoF battle with Prowl + Call of darkenss for 1250 damage (with a lvl23 familiar,since it lost 2 levels when upgraded to rare) i think i have to retract my previous statement XD
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am

Lots of TBC era raid pets being added in 5.3
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:05 pm

I got bitten by this pet bug. Can't even tell you the number of hours I spent leveling pets last night (and getting achievements! Wooo!) over the weekend. I remember looking at the clock and suddenly realizing I'd been doing the same thing for five hours straight... and then proceeded to keep on going. Oh man.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Flex

Postby Sagara » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 pm

All of my wants.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Newsom » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 am

Nikachelle wrote:I got bitten by this pet bug. Can't even tell you the number of hours I spent leveling pets last night (and getting achievements! Wooo!) over the weekend. I remember looking at the clock and suddenly realizing I'd been doing the same thing for five hours straight... and then proceeded to keep on going. Oh man.

Welcome to the club! :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Invisusira » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:21 am

oh god another pet to camp on server resets in icecrown
Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:21 am

Newsom wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I got bitten by this pet bug. Can't even tell you the number of hours I spent leveling pets last night (and getting achievements! Wooo!) over the weekend. I remember looking at the clock and suddenly realizing I'd been doing the same thing for five hours straight... and then proceeded to keep on going. Oh man.

Welcome to the club! :D

I blame Invis. He's been doing this since launch and even though it's taken me months... I'm totally sucked in now.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 am

Invisusira wrote:oh god another pet to camp on server resets in icecrown

Transfer an alt to a RPPvP realm, experience no CRZ funsies.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:47 am

Flex wrote:
Invisusira wrote:oh god another pet to camp on server resets in icecrown

Transfer an alt to a RPPvP realm, experience no CRZ funsies.

FGS, don't give him ideas. He's already started buying up pets on Ebay!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 am

5.3 removes the same level base miss/dodge chance. Reduces the miss chance against higher levels from 5% to 2%.
Abilities will show their hit chance in the tooltips
Beast of Fables daily will be split into 3 quests
Beast of Fables elite pets made more difficult
Battle Pet ability load out will be saved when swapping them in and out of slots
All Spirit and Fable pets will reward Lesser Charms and XP
Flex

Postby Jabari » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am

Ah, that's a fairly nice set of changes. It'll definitely be nice to know the actual miss chance of stuff like Moth Dust etc.

Guaranteed Lesser Charms will be nice, though I wonder if on the Fable ones it's only the first time each day. Otherwise, it might be really easy to get 90 Lessers in about 30 minutes just hitting the same one over and over.

Personal pet stuff: Farming the Spirit Tamers each day - all four of them. Only gotten one pet from the bags so far - seems like quite a low drop rate.

Picked up a couple of harder-to-get pets last couple days, too: Twilight Fiendling, Tiny Bog Beast, Molten Hatchling.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 am

The Spirit tamers are the ones that drop the red pandas right? We actually thought the drop rate was quite high since Invis got all of them for himself and then managed to give me all three of the ones he can trade to me after he collected his.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:25 am

Nikachelle wrote:The Spirit tamers are the ones that drop the red pandas right? We actually thought the drop rate was quite high since Invis got all of them for himself and then managed to give me all three of the ones he can trade to me after he collected his.

Those are the Fable pets. Spirit Tamers are the Earth, Air, Water, Fire elementals like in the Panderan starting zone that drop small versions of themselves.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 am

Aha. My mistake!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:14 am

Yeah, the Spirit tamers have a pretty low drop rate for their pets, around 10% iirc.
Invisusira

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 am

woo Pandaria dailies rewarding valor in 5.3
Flex

Postby Jabari » Tue May 28, 2013 10:10 am

One week, three characters. Missing 3 from Raiding with Leashes II.
Need the ones from Curator, Malchezaaroar(whatever), and Vashj. Double-sized Pocket Fel Reaver is amusing. *chuckle*

(I was really lucky and got the Lil' Bad Wolf with the only one of the three that hit that Opera. Got one of each Opera on the three guys!)

How to solo Chess (for Horde, I'd imagine it's the same for Alliance if the pieces have the same abilities):
- Move the knight pawns (in front of the wolves) up a square.
- Move the rooks (demons) up diagonally one, into the spot vacated by the pawns.
- Move the pawn in front of the warlock up one.
- Grab the Warlock, move him up a square, and start shooting at the lowest health stuff you can reach, AoE-ing where appropriate.
- If the king (or maybe even the warlock) starts to get low, jump to a bishop and heal.

This has worked every time for me, and I'm not even using the wolves at all really.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Tue May 28, 2013 11:10 am

I cleared The Eye 5 times and got one pet. 3/3 from SSC and 2/4 from Kara. Farmed up the Direhorn Runt from the Isle of Giants and then finished off the bones for the Spectral Porcupette and of course my first purchase from the trolls was the Ghadzooki.
Flex

Postby Flex » Fri May 31, 2013 9:00 am

0/8 on Curator pets this week. Last pet I need for RWL2.
Flex

Postby halabar » Fri May 31, 2013 11:00 am

So how are the new pets in battle, or are they getting better at their rock-paper-scissors balancing?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General