Remove Advertisements

Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Nooska » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:40 am

I vendored my green stuff ftom IoT purposefully - the whole idea of trying to sell off the stuff.. not hanks (though if I did want, I'd probably send it to a troll alt - though haven't had any leather stuff yet - okay, only did dailies 2 days over there)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:51 am

Andurin wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:
djlar wrote:Also spriests can remove stacks with dispersion (if you weren't lucky to get dispelled by mass dispel)

If it's considered a snare, all priests should be able to remove it with Fade (assuming the proper glyph/talent, I forget which one does it.)

Thats the level 30 talent (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108942) altho the other 2 talents are much more fun if you ask me... Dont see why shadow priests arnt able to use a mass dispel every 10 seconds when clearing trash :p

Depends on your priest availability as Mass Dispel has a target cap. Very annoying when I basically self target, and don't manage to dispel myself.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Ruldar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:46 am

I recently leveled up a very old warlock alt and started running him through LFR. I never bothered to look at more than one or two out of game guides, I just went off of the in-game suggestion for rotation and that worked fairly well with the exception of spending the latter half of any given raid boss fight struggling with mana issues. This went on until a couple of days ago when I installed WeakAuras to play around with the warlock aura strings Theck posted a few weeks back and I noticed a spell icon on the screen I didn't recognize...

My first thought was to never mention this to anyone, but where's the fun in that?
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:57 am

Nooska wrote:I vendored my green stuff ftom IoT purposefully - the whole idea of trying to sell off the stuff.. not hanks (though if I did want, I'd probably send it to a troll alt - though haven't had any leather stuff yet - okay, only did dailies 2 days over there)

I've been sending to DE, but... found a mace last night on the Island of Giants with a really cool glowy model, so I posted that one on the AH.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Newsom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 am

I found this shield the other day, it looks pretty rad.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby djlar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:48 pm

There are some warlock pet spells that are useful, for dispel 3 friendly targets, but it's not on the normal pet bar, and sits on the spellbook for pets, but it can't be dragged to your bars, pretty much you must macro it and then put the macro in the bar (or keybind if needed)

Now I'm checking all pets, fron warlock to hunter, to see if I have a useful ability not on display and use it as needed.
djlar

Postby econ21 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Nalak's tier pieces are determined by your class, not your spec, just like Sha. Is that right?

I'd come to that conclusion but the PUG raid leader said the opposite, so I am not sure.

I have only a sadly small sample of one drop to test this with - it was the appropriate spec, as were the two the raid leader had won before.
econ21

Postby Fetzie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:09 pm

Retribution:
PvE - legs and gloves retribution T15
PvP - Retribution set legs + gloves and strength non-set

Protection:
PvE - legs and gloves protection T15
PvP - strength non-set

Holy:
PvE - legs and gloves holy T15
PvP - holy set legs + gloves and int (plate) non-set
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Daeva001 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Class and spec, just like Sha. If you want Ret gear, you need to be Ret spec (or, in 5.3, have your loot selector set on Retribution).
Daeva001

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Sha ignores spec, as does the random gear from loot bags. My prot warrior has gotten the DPS tier legs from Sha, and my disc priest got a +hit belt in a loot bag.

I do not know if Nalak follows the same loot rules, but I suspect so.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:21 am

Not missing the memo just something I assumed about personal loot rolls that was incorrect. I believed that if a boss could drop 2/3 items then you had a higher chance of receiving an item compared to if the boss only dropped 1.

Ask Mr Robot - How to spend your Mogu Runes of Fate wrote:So let’s say there are 4 drops I could get from a boss, and all 4 are upgrades because my gear is scrub. I’d have a 15% chance to get an upgrade. Now, let’s say only 2 of the 4 items are upgrades, I’d have a 7.5% chance of getting an upgrade, and a 7.5% chance of getting an item I don’t need. I’d also have an 85% chance of smashing my face on the keyboard if my luck is bad ;)
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:25 am

Yeah, that's an annoying thing about them. It's what makes the tier-dropping world bosses one of the worst places to use a bonus roll (since you've got something like a 2% chance of getting a tier piece).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:49 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, that's an annoying thing about them. It's what makes the tier-dropping world bosses one of the worst places to use a bonus roll (since you've got something like a 2% chance of getting a tier piece).

There's no way this 2% number can be correct. There are a lot of options that Sha (etc) drops, but the tier pieces come up way more often than 2 of 15 (or whatever) when the coin hits. About 50% in my experience that they roll tier.

(Plus, you have to take into account people that don't have access to 496/522 tier, only 483/502 ones...)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:19 am

Hmm, maybe they drop tier more often. I was assuming it was te same as any boss, random item with equal chance. I've only ever received one tier piece personally, and plenty of PvP, but that anecdotal data counts for nothing.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Teranoid » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:54 am

Jabari wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, that's an annoying thing about them. It's what makes the tier-dropping world bosses one of the worst places to use a bonus roll (since you've got something like a 2% chance of getting a tier piece).

There's no way this 2% number can be correct. There are a lot of options that Sha (etc) drops, but the tier pieces come up way more often than 2 of 15 (or whatever) when the coin hits. About 50% in my experience that they roll tier.

(Plus, you have to take into account people that don't have access to 496/522 tier, only 483/502 ones...)

My hunter getting tier pants 6 weeks in a row can attest to this.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General