Durumu 25

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Durumu 25

Postby Selcouth » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Most already know about the fucked up graphics in this fight but there are also 2 other abilities that dont work as usual.

"Lingering Gaze" can target a tank aswell. There are 3 we dealt with it.

1. Walk to the proper area and leave melee hit range. Durumu will swtich to the OT while you are out of range. This is timeable with the tank debuff but you have to depend on luck because sometimes the timers simply make it impossible.

2. You drop it 50/50 in the right area. Half of the void will be in the wrong place and you have to move around it.

3. You drop it directly under the boss, in the middle of the room.

Another nice mechanic is "Life drain". After the disintegration beam phase he targeted me with it as i was walking to my tank spot despite the fact that i was tanking him. His full combo (melee hit - life drain (stun) - hard stare) is a potential instagib if you aren't prepared.

Just my experiences for our tries. Someone else similar experiences?
If im saying weird things correct me PLEASE. I`m from Germany and don`t know it better.^^
Selcouth

Re: Durumu 25

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:24 pm

As far as the life drain, our (10 man) experience was that the beam graphic would go to a ranged target, and it would take a few seconds for the beam to actually do the stun + life drain. If anyone ran into the beam in that time they'd get the stun and be the primary life drain target. So we had tanks and melee run the hell away from the beam graphic so they didn't end up taking the stun and so people wouldn't end up having to go under the boss to block the drain.
Rhiannon

Postby Winkle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 am

We had a life drain on a tank in the light spectrum phase, which was both unexpected and quite deadly.
Winkle

Postby Thark » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 am

I've been targeted by both Lingering Gaze and the Life drain while actively tanking the boss as well. Lingering Gaze wasn't an issue, but the life drain stun was.

There's also other fun situations where a beam chooses someone who already has high stacks of that color, the life drain stun goes out just as or before Force of Will, and disappearing/converging safe zones on disintegrating beam.

Surprisingly I've managed to do very well at the dance, but most of the raid does not. Unfortunately I can't explain it very well. We've shifted to using almost all raid CD's during the Disintegrating beam phase instead of the colorblind phase, but by the 3rd set of phases we've lost a few players and it really goes south when everyone has color stacks or you get situations where safe zones and lingering gaze puddles overlap or the life drain stun/force of will combo gets people.

We've managed around 20% a few times, but the Disintegrating Beam phase just seems too rough without further nights of practice.
Thark

Postby stevos » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:11 am

Probably not viable in 25s, but its solo tankable in 10s, since HoP removes the stacks.

I drop them at 5 during beam phase (normally go into it on 4) and they drop off naturally during maze phase.
stevos

Postby Promdates » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:16 am

It's totally solo-tankable in 25. I did it through a few attempts while we were learning the boss when my OT got pooped on.
Promdates

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)