All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:21 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby CrimsonEyes » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:49 pm

*Steeples fingers*

EEEEEXXXXCELLLENT.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Koatanga » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Flex wrote:There was a lot of snark in my statement. Also BB will dump players pretty quickly if he feels their time is up.

Yeah but he extended Brady, so it's bizarre that he wouldn't keep Brady's primary target for the past 5 years who was 2nd in receptions in the NFL last year. That's not signs of drop-off.

Makes me wonder if Brady's extension has more to do with Mallet not being where they need him to be than with Brady still being on top of his game.

If your QB is on fire, you get him more targets; you don't take away his favourite. We could be looking at the start of rebuilding in NE.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Brady's extension was just rebuilding the contract to free up cap space for this year and next.

New England won't rebuild in the traditional sense, when Brady retires they'll be horrible because BB will retire and the process of becoming the Browns starts.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:55 pm

CrimsonEyes wrote:*Steeples fingers*

EEEEEXXXXCELLLENT.

---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
CrimsonEyes wrote:*Steeples fingers*

EEEEEXXXXCELLLENT.

Fix'd
Koatanga

Postby Nakama » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:38 pm

As the resident Patriots fan here, I was hoping Welker would get resigned, but knowing BB, I was pretty sure they'd let him walk. That's a big pickup for Denver, I think.

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Danny Amendola to the Pats
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Koatanga wrote:
Flex wrote:There was a lot of snark in my statement. Also BB will dump players pretty quickly if he feels their time is up.

Yeah but he extended Brady, so it's bizarre that he wouldn't keep Brady's primary target for the past 5 years who was 2nd in receptions in the NFL last year. That's not signs of drop-off.

Makes me wonder if Brady's extension has more to do with Mallet not being where they need him to be than with Brady still being on top of his game.

If your QB is on fire, you get him more targets; you don't take away his favourite. We could be looking at the start of rebuilding in NE.

I wonder if the pats felt that Welker was more a product of the system? Those two solid tight ends allow the slot to get some favorable matchups. Now that they signed Amendola, I think that's probably at worst a wash.

The NFC west is downright scary, I don't think anyone is keeping pace with the 49ers and Seahawks at the moment. That should generate some great games for years to come.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Danny Amendola to the Pats

Younger Welker.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Koatanga » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Cliff Avril to the Seahawks.

Sweet.
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:43 am

Flex wrote:
Shoju wrote:Yeah, It's a gamble, but one we aren't making I guess.

Kruger is a big enough gamble anyway. It took Suggs coming back for him to get any decent numbers. Does Cleveland have anyone to help him in that way or will he be the guy the offense keys on to free up other people?

We have MLB D'Qwell Jackson. He may not get as much press as Suggs, but I believe (and there could be some bias) that he is the same caliber LB. His biggest problem was tearing muscles that led to back to back missed seasons a couple of years ago. He has been fantasitc in the two years since then, starting every game. I think the two of then, combined with the acquisition of Groves have solidified the LB Core. You then have Gocong, who is a "good" LB, and they should be pretty solid.

I'm pleased with the LB pickups, as well as the DT pick up. It frees up one of our other Defensive lineman to use as trade bait, and the current speculation is that they are talking with the Pats to trade Rubin (which is a shame, I liked him), or Phil Taylor (also a good guy, but not the "Fan Fave" Rubin is) for Ryan Mallet, since the writing on the walls says Cassel is headed back to NE, which makes Mallet expendable.

I'm not sure how excited I am about Mallet. I didn't follow him in College, and since he has been on the Pats, he has really just been the "kneel down butler". Seriously. In 2 years, he's thrown 4 passes, and has 8 Rushing Attempts for -9 yds. I do like his age (24 going into the offseason), I like his height (6'7").

Looking over his College numbers, they look pretty good in two years at Arkansas. His last year there, he had a 64% Comp Rate, 32 Td's, and 12 INT's. The only problem I see, is that he doesn't look incredibly mobile, even if he did score 4 rushing TD's his final year. He seems secure with the ball from College, he doesn't have a fumble in his stats.

In other news, the Browns are closing in on a deal with Fred Davis. If that falls through, they are expected to toss Meyers more money than he is worth, so that they are covered at TE. They are still 10m under the floor for next year, which means that we still need to make a splash or two to make sure we don't run afoul of that, and we still have a fair amount of cap space on top of that.

From what I see left on the market, I would like to see Davis over Meyers, a QB, and a corner. Munnerlyn is supposedly the big one on our radar, I guess we'll see if that pans out.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:45 am

Fred Davis is great at racking up yards at the end of the game in loses to make his numbers look impressive.
Flex

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:53 am

Flex

Postby Shoju » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Huh. I guess I didn't have a problem with it.

Does that make me a terrible person?
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General