Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Nooska wrote:Well you may have a hard time coming across Ghost Iron on the farm from my experience.

Tailoring has a chance to get bolts from the crop in addition to the cloth. It is always Bolts+Cloth too. I can use 8 plots for cloth and come out ahead of pre-5.2 using 16 plots for cloth.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Not just for Tailors - my Miner/Smith got Bolts from cactus seeds just fine. :)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Chunes » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:50 pm

in all seriousness, are there better yields in the farms than actually just going out and, you know, mining/herbing/killing?
Chunes

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Chunes wrote:Image

in all seriousness, are there better yields in the farms than actually just going out and, you know, mining/herbing/killing?

I am with you there CHunes!

I ONLY get MoH off all my farms. I can buy/gather faster and more on my own. My alts dotn do much in the world to get the MoH howerver.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Chunes wrote:in all seriousness, are there better yields in the farms than actually just going out and, you know, mining/herbing/killing?

That's what I'm wondering. The farm is likely better, but then it's limited too. Going to get a better sample size, but I'm not overwhelmed by the supposed increases.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Unless you're lucky the farm is a better place for trillium. Haven't leveled my tailor yet so it is my best source of cloth and it is more than enough to keep us in Flasks. Us in this case is the guild. I deposit weeds, guild elixir master makes flasks.

For getting a lot of stuff quickly of course it isn't as good but for keeping yourself supplied over the course of a week it is ideal.
Last edited by Flex on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chunes » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:56 pm

Ah that makes sense.
Chunes

Postby Jabari » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 pm

Flex wrote:Unless you're lucky the farm is a better place for trillium. Haven't leveled my tailor yet so it is my best source of cloth and it is more than enough to keep us in Flasks. Us in this case is the guild. I deposit weeds, guild elixir master makes flasks.

For getting a lot of stuff quickly of course it isn't as good but for keeping yourself supplied over the course of a week it is ideal.

Also, Golden Lotus. There's a reason that those were 300 a pop when MoP hit.

The rest of this is spot on. Enigmas are also powering my (seemingly returned *cheer*) potion market - the farm gives me quite a bit of random weeds for potions, and I just fly my druid up to Skyrange and back each day for a quick Green Tea Leaf pass when he does his farm. 5 minutes at most each day, plenty of GTL for pots.

Side note: Tested the Leather seeds yesterday. Full 16-plot farm gave around 70 Exotic Leather. No scales though, you'll have to get those manually it seems. (I try to hang around the daily sets for the crocs at Whitepetal Lake or the Turtles in Dread Waste when I'm low on those - any other good spots?)

Edit: Anyone selling the new 458 PvP crafted pieces? Trying to figure out where to price mine - the 450s go for 500 (cloth is lower though) - what should I price the 458s at?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi Jab,

I sell all my PvP crafted gears for 1230g for all slot items. I some times have to repost 2-4x, but that is a CRAZY stupid margin and so worth that effort.
Holyblaze

Postby oldboyz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:39 am

940k omw to the million!!!

i was 700k in january

JC is very very competetive on my serveur, but i post gemms twice/day when 130po+ (thanks mobile armury!)--> steady 1-3k margin by day (i did somme large ironghost buy 2po/unit before 5.2, and recently bought 70lotus 40po/unit for transmut), starting selling meta too at 700po/unit with the new recipe
some sha enchant too from time to time (1,7k/bracer, 6k/weapon)
and then for 5.2, i sold several trinket 15k+ (and some card for 3k+)

tadam 900k cap done!
and still with some stock to convert (100+lotus, 200cut gemm, 50uncut, 70sha cristal)

million should be reach by the end of april :mrgreen:
oldboyz

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 am

Not big money, but the danio was the fish of the day, and hardly anyone was fishing. Fished up 10 stacks in under and hour, and none was listed on the AH, so it all went up for 11G50s each. Probably should have posted higher. But the fish and the misc ore from the crates should yield 3k for less than an hour's work while BSing in Mumble.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 am

BAM! That is great news! 1,000,000.00! haha GO GO

Sold fish?!?! Say what now Hala?
Holyblaze

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:33 am

Holyblaze wrote:BAM! That is great news! 1,000,000.00! haha GO GO

Sold fish?!?! Say what now Hala?

Danio.. component for the 25-man raid feast.. sells for 9-11G each. :wink:

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:47 pm

DANG! That is the CRAZY! Ore is still sellign fine for me, but I have to admit I am hording all my ore/bars for when the Thunderforge is open!
Holyblaze

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Well...as soon as I said that I realized that EVERYONE will be crafting and selling! pfft! I should just dump it now for all the lvlers of BS huh?
Holyblaze

PreviousNext

Return to General