Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:40 pm

Amirya wrote:Actually worked on 5.2 stuff.

Found a new way to troll my raid now.

*runs in horror*

oh yeah
farmed trash in ToT tonight, got everyone to 2999/3k so just 1 quest to friendly and new shinies and then went into ToES for the first time
2 shot elite council, and 1 shot tsu-long

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:37 am

Tortos down!
Bloody hell, those bats are annoying to gather.

That means that in our first week as a 25-man (yeah, we fused our two 10-man teams, buck trends), we still managed to do some decent progress \o/
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby culhag » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Throne of Thunder cleared (just in time).

Finished the T14 Glory of the Raider.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:26 am

They're Kickstarting a Veronica Mars movie!
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:33 am

KysenMurrin wrote:They're Kickstarting a Veronica Mars movie!

SERIOUSLY?! :o :D :mrgreen:
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nordix » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:50 am

Not a full success but I posted too much in the frustrations thread and I need to be a bit more positive:

I have 3+1 options for a guild now.

#1 is a good,strong but insanely strict and disciplined guild where if you make a mistake they yell and replace ,then you get kicked if you repeat it just once. (Wonder how they are only world300ish//still have people to play with)
#2 just got it's MT of 5 years back after a long break,right on the day I applied -> so they decided to postpone the answer-> aka late decline
#3 is a benchspot.
+1 is a "fresh reroll guild of veterans" ,turns out some of them only have 12-14HC from T14

At least I got options,however shit they are.
Nordix

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:22 am

Nikachelle wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:They're Kickstarting a Veronica Mars movie!

SERIOUSLY?! :o :D :mrgreen:

*squeals*

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/13/veron ... ckstarter/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559 ... ie-project

Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:33 am

Wow, a movie and a lot of physical rewards for only a 2 million dollar goal.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:36 am

Flex wrote:Wow, a movie and a lot of physical rewards for only a 2 million dollar goal.

Unfortunately the only thing you can receive if you're outside the US is the shooting script.

Edit: They've raised just shy of $700k in the first 14 hours of it being up. YESSSSS.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:08 am

Our DK who has been wanting to quit for various reasons signed up for our Saturday raid.

/fistpump
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Flex wrote:Wow, a movie and a lot of physical rewards for only a 2 million dollar goal.

Unfortunately the only thing you can receive if you're outside the US is the shooting script.

Edit: They've raised just shy of $700k in the first 14 hours of it being up. YESSSSS.

$800k now.

There's a lot of demand for international reward levels. I wouldn't be surprised if they add the digital download of the film for international backers, at least.

I was eyeing up the $50 tier before I noticed the "US only" text. :(
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Teranoid » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:19 am

Kickstarter is hilarious because people can get complete strangers to toss in a shitload of money and then not be obligated to ever actually produce a product.
Teranoid

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:22 am

That's why you choose what to back carefully. I've mostly backed things from established people or with support from folks who know what they're talking about.

Also:
Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don't. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:24 am

KysenMurrin wrote:$800k now.

There's a lot of demand for international reward levels. I wouldn't be surprised if they add the digital download of the film for international backers, at least.

I was eyeing up the $50 tier before I noticed the "US only" text. :(

Yeah the "US Only" thing was a bit of a let down... but I was ready to throw money at it before I even knew they'd be giving out incentives. At the end of the day, any movie they can make is goes to make me happy. I'll end up buying the Bluray regardless and consider it money well spent.

I'm excited to see what kind of budget they'll come up with now based on the way the money just keeps rolling in!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:31 am

KysenMurrin wrote:That's why you choose what to back carefully. I've mostly backed things from established people or with support from folks who know what they're talking about.

Also:
Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don't. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

Oh so they finally changed that little paragraph. Before it was basically "oh well if you get ripped off we can't do anything sorry about your luck!"
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General