Remove Advertisements

[10N] Megaera

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Megaera

Postby daishan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Volitaire wrote:People are tank swapping while the heads are active? The amount of potential damage that would happen by having the heads potentially facing into the raid seems like a really bad idea.

There's no problem with tank switching while heads are up just wait for them to do a breath then run there's more than enough time to swap from red to green before another breath. I'd imagine any raid that is low on dps will almost have to do that to avoid tanks getting to many stacks of one debuff, especially the fire DoT. I don't think it's the best way and I doubt we'll bother doing it next lock out.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Got it tonight with G-R-G-R-G-R-X. Blue is certainly evil as we always ended up having healers being chased or needing to move slightly at the worst possible times. When we decided to keep blue out of the order the boss fell over fairly quickly. 7th head (with hero) was a little sketchy and several were dead but after how much frustration the boss caused I'll take it.

Also found it extremely helpful to have the tanks dps the kill target in between breaths to prevent more than 3 stacks of a debuff. We got 3 stacks at the beginning and 3 stacks on the final red kill because people were saving cds for hero. We were able to tank swap ahead of time so it wasn't a huge issue. This fight will be an absolute joke with a little gear but right now... I'm thinking Elegon 2.0.

Edit: Apparently nerfed 2 hours before our kill. Bummer. We had several 340+ million damage done wipes but our kill last night was 305 million damage done.
Last edited by Gab on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gab

Postby Sagara » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:02 am

Quick silly question - do any of you guys did it on 25?

Reason is - is a G-R-G-R-B-R-G approach reasonable for 25man?

Also, we've been doing some test pulls in 10-men, and we consistenly hit 4 breaths for each head, which makes tank switches necessary (luckily, it's not hard to avoid breathing on the raid). We also tried a G-B-R-B-R-G or somesuch, and the big trouble were tank deaths, which bewilder me quite a bit.

So, in short, I'm at a bit of a loss to find some way out of this boss in 25, and fishing for ideas.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:22 am

One of my melee does it on 25 man as well as with us in 10. And he does a GRGRBRG to kill it.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Zothor » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:47 am

Newsom wrote:We ended up leaving Venomous head up the entire fight, so killing B-R-B-R-B-R etc. No idea if that was a good idea or not. :D

We did this on 25 man successfully. The only time it got dicey from my perspective (I was on the Venomous nearly constantly) was during the 6th and 7th heads. I definitely held CDs (Holy Avenger/Glyphed Avenging Wrath for the 6th, and Guardian for the 7th) to survive our kill, but it worked.

Our warrior was on the Fire and Frost ones rocking all of his CDs, but also getting HoPur cheese from our holy paladin, so I suspect that helped.

Sagara wrote:We consistenly hit 4 breaths for each head, which makes tank switches necessary.

That leads me to believe your DPS was significantly behind ours, and frankly our DPS didn't look that hot. We never hit a fourth breath once on 25, and many times the kill-head died as the third breath was casting. We swapped at 2 anyhow, just in case, mostly because there's little reason NOT to except laziness :P

Might have something to do with our decision to leave green up the whole time. That required some tank management at the end, but our raid leader wasn't confident in our DPS dealing well with the green effect after it died. That might explain why our DPS was significantly ahead of yours; consider leaving green up the whole time.
Zothor

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

The reason for the 10 man hp nerfs was because the dps/hp tuning was off for 10 compared to 25, hence killing heads in 25 would have been much quicker than in 10 if you had dps of similar standard in both.
Rhiannon

Postby Promdates » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Sagara wrote:Quick silly question - do any of you guys did it on 25?

Reason is - is a G-R-G-R-B-R-G approach reasonable for 25man?

Also, we've been doing some test pulls in 10-men, and we consistenly hit 4 breaths for each head, which makes tank switches necessary (luckily, it's not hard to avoid breathing on the raid). We also tried a G-B-R-B-R-G or somesuch, and the big trouble were tank deaths, which bewilder me quite a bit.

So, in short, I'm at a bit of a loss to find some way out of this boss in 25, and fishing for ideas.

On 25, we just do B-R-G-B-R-G-lust-B. We never found a good reason to totally ignore one head or another. We never have any issues with tank deaths on the boss, as the two that are the worst are the Red and Green ones. One is a ticking debuff (we have 1-2 extra paladins in our raid to help chain purities on the red tank to minimize that damage), and the other just makes you take up 6%*stack damage. You really should kill each head just after the 3rd debuff goes out. My order was B-G-B-R-G-B-R, the other tank was G-R-G-B-R-G-B. We originally were on the other head when we first started pulling, can't remember why we went with him on G me on B.

You should always be trying to kill the head that was left up previously. So B/G, if you kill B, you should kill G next. This helps to minimize the damage output on tanks. You could go with a G-R-B, but you never want the head to have more than 2 stacks of the buff on them.
Promdates

Postby Sagara » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:48 pm

We had our attemps on 25 last night, and we actually tore through that thing. 1st attempt of the night was a wipe on the 7th head because melee weren't all clear on the "dodge green stuff" bit and funneled too much healing away from the tanks.

I don't know if it's the recent nerfs or just the fight being piss easy on 25, but that was a nice surprise.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)