Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Teranoid » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Oondasta and Nalak can no longer be looted if you're doing cross realm.

Yet another invalidation of their supposed be all end all fix to dead servers. Their stupidity at times is astounding.

And yes I know Galleon was the same way and I said the same thing then.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Teranoid wrote:Oondasta and Nalak can no longer be looted if you're doing cross realm.

Yet another invalidation of their supposed be all end all fix to dead servers. Their stupidity at times is astounding.

And yes I know Galleon was the same way and I said the same thing then.

wow.... that sucks balls
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm

They don't limit the number of times you can gear from those guys do they? I can see that as being the reason why, but it is kind of dumb as a whole. Why not just restrict the number of times you can get loot (like with Sha) unless you use charms?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Skye1013 wrote:They don't limit the number of times you can gear from those guys do they? I can see that as being the reason why, but it is kind of dumb as a whole. Why not just restrict the number of times you can get loot (like with Sha) unless you use charms?

It is limited to once per week, as with the rest of the bosses. But people were pulling in from many servers to down Oond.

There's no real problem with this... except.. for low pop servers, and factions that have no hope of pulling together a raid group. But Blizz has steadfastly said FU to factions and servers that can't do this sort of thing.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:00 pm

The story of the Zandalari isn't over yet!

From the dev interviews...

So, confirmed here first, next xpac is all trolls, all the time...

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 am

Well, they need to get their money's worth out of all these new troll models. ;)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:07 am

Even money says they'll serve as basis for the future PC models, or as a cheap backup if their PC models don't hold up to their standart.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:16 am

Not just talking about the generic trolls; there are a bunch of new named quest mobs, bosses, and such that we'll most likely see again. Plus all these dinosaurs.

Jin'rokh I bet will have his new unique model used for a 5-man dungeon boss.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Lieris » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:51 am

halabar wrote:
The story of the Zandalari isn't over yet!

From the dev interviews...

So, confirmed here first, next xpac is all trolls, all the time...

Troll raids are Blizzard at their best, I am all for this! Zul'aman is the best small raid they have ever done and probably their best content trailer too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_NKOhTSV7M
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Paxen » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 am

No more 5-mans in cata, because they "serve no purpose".

Well, they serve the purpose of being my favorite content in MMOs, fuckers. I got a chance at a Challenge mode group, but if that falls through I'll tell Blizzard what I think of this with my unsub comment.
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:06 am

Not sure why they're focused on bringing new scenarios but not 5-man instances. Bit of a gulf between 3-player content and raids...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:17 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Not sure why they're focused on bringing new scenarios but not 5-man instances. Bit of a gulf between 3-player content and raids...

I'm thinking because they managed to make the place they fit in shrink to near non-existence.

Scenarios can be tweaked a variety of ways and sizes (as in the designers can make them various ways), but if they ever require a full trinity (healer, DPS, tank), I think you'll go back to the queue issues (which seemed lessened by shorter instances).

At the moment, it could be as simple as there being 'enough' 5 mans for now, and reduced VP costs on older gear meaning that folks in general don't stay there long before moving to LFR (aside from for the VP, which can be gotten elsewhere as well, or challenge modes).

Now what if they introduced a 5/10/25 man scenario?
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 am

Isn't that basically what LFR is? All they'd have to do is implement the instructions and you'd have a 25 player scenario.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:40 am

Fetzie wrote:Isn't that basically what LFR is? All they'd have to do is implement the instructions and you'd have a 25 player scenario.

exactly, well and do away with the trinity need somehow (encounter changes) if we want to define scenarios as 'instanced group PVE content that does not require the traditional healer, tank, DPS composition' (which is how I've come to think of them)

I was thinking something almost closer to the PVE aspects of Alterac Valley than LFR which I think of as closer to a 5-man scaled up. Say something where you and your companions have some series of tasks that need to be performed, and nearly free form of how to do it.

You could have small scenarios like the current ones, or larger all out battles like the seige of undercity or wrathgate type stuff. You could even use this idea for PVP - straight up 'kill the other guy' PVP in different maps (maybe only a couple - but maybe it would work), not objective driven PVP.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:56 am

On the flip side, I hate 5-mans, and find scenarios boring. I'd much rather have the larger group content, either more LFRs or as suggested above PVE versions of something like AV with specific goals and objectives.

5-mans are fine for leveling, but at 90, the repetition is worse than the dentist, especially when there are no rewards.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General