Remove Advertisements

[10N] Tortos

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Tortos

Postby Juugimus » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Got this without too many problems. As a pally tank, don't let anyone else tank this boss. Solo tank it, use battle healer and seal of insight. The bats will come right to you every time (unless your DPS gets trigger happy.)

You should end the fight near the top of the DPS and Healing meters.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Re: Tortos [10N]

Postby Gab » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Juugimus wrote:Solo tank it

This!

Juugiums wrote:You should end the fight near the top of the DPS and Healing meters.

I wish our DPS were that good... this was with Final Orders instead of second stam trinket because I was greeding just a little and the tank damage is laughable if you're timing SotR properly.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hlbdnvd3rexai2pq/sum/damageDone/?s=11595&e=11862

Really easy fight. If you got Council this is a sure thing. Took us several pulls to hammer out the right amount of damage required on the turtles and find someone competent enough to kick them...

If you do solo tank it it's even more important to AM every bite (which isn't difficult) and make sure you're topped off when the bats get on you to avoid their Drain the Weak.
Gab

Postby Rokh » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:41 am

Could you give a little more detail on where you stand when you solo tank it? already downed it but would be fun to try that next week... do you have your back to the boss or what?
Rokh

Postby Volitaire » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Might have to give the solo tanking a try, we had our bear tank pick up the adds but I did find I was bored on the boss damage wise.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Oleg » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Im curious about the positioning too. I wont get any more attempts on this until next week, but i want to try solo tanking it. Are you doing some side stepping and standing at an angle to keep boss+adds in your frontal arc?
Oleg

Postby Taeron » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Oleg wrote:Im curious about the positioning too. I wont get any more attempts on this until next week, but i want to try solo tanking it. Are you doing some side stepping and standing at an angle to keep boss+adds in your frontal arc?

Want to know that as well. Is it positioning on how you pull them? We only tried one before raid end and the bats seemed all over the place.
Taeron

Postby Gab » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:13 pm

As far as positioning. I tanked him on his left leg (left if you're facing him) the bats would spawn and I'd turn slightly toward them, never had any issue with my back to boss or bats. You could always shift from one side to the other if the bats somehow ended up behind you, although it wasn't necessary on any of the pulls we did. The bats should all come to you with SoI/BH and the amount of vengeance you get from bite.
Gab

Postby Donatist » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:43 am

We two tanked this fight but mentioning the 1 tank made me laugh because while we two tanked it, I ended up tanking everything because of Seal and battle healer. Would definitely be a one tank fight but i would unglyph DP for the bats since if your health dips you get raped. Just like sha of fears thrash time every Shotr for each bite and when the bats come to you, strafe to the other side of the turtle so they are tanked in front, also the bats i believe were stunnable. The hardest part of this fight was getting stuck in the corner with stalactites everywhere.
Donatist

Postby Promdates » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Donatist wrote:unglyph DP for the bats since if your health dips you get raped.

The only non-physical damage in this fight is Rockfall, so not sure if you meant to actually glyph DP for the 20% physical reduction or not.
Promdates

Postby Vayacondios » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:07 pm

For ten you can totally one tank, if you happen to do this in 25m it's lol25man three tank able too, made our healers lives a little easier.
Vayacondios

Postby Promdates » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Vayacondios wrote:For ten you can totally one tank, if you happen to do this in 25m it's lol25man three tank able too, made our healers lives a little easier.

None of the fights are meant for 3 tanks, you can (and should) 2 tank if anything. Have heard that some are solo tankable.
Promdates

Postby Vayacondios » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Just because it's built for two tanks, and you can one tank some stuff, doesn't mean that three tanks are bad. The fight is super easy, three tanking on a 25m just makes it a total joke. I could have one tanked it, really any of our three tanks could have one tanked it, we just didn't because lol25mans.

No such thing as "should" in raiding, if it works it works.
Vayacondios

Postby Sagara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:49 am

Finally downed the bugger after an gignormous amount of stupid mistakes on Quakes and Breaths. I finally tanked the bats, and god was that horrible. SoL every other pack, HoL for the other one and they still sometimes split before i could get to them.

I'm wondering if warrior mobility wouldn't make them a better fit for bat tanking.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:33 am

What I ended up doing for the bats was having the holy paladin put on RF and put a marker on his head. That way, the bats all went to him and I could easily follow him.

And I used holy prism too...finally found a semi decent use for it.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:09 am

Wa used that when our DK was tanking early on. He stopped using RF because I wasn't aware he was using it and being in melee so I kept running around after the buggers :-p

I'll suggest that again. A good, stable position will help me tons.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)