Black Temple - High Warlord Naj'entus

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Well a DPS warrior high enough to be highest in melee range doesn't seemb strange to me.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 am

A prot warrior in t4-t5 gear coming in over t6 mages/shaman/locks does.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:03 am

For the record, good prot warriors can do really good DPS.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:07 am

Good prot warriors in comparable gear, yes.

Good prot warriors in t4/5 next to a fury warrior with a warglaive and t6? I don't see how. Devastate cranks some additional threat, but unless he dropped salv (which is possible, probably even likely) I don't see him being close on threat. And we know Morteunious' damage output in damage gear was right next to mine while tanking, it's just the threat that's considered here.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:10 am

Maybe he is tauntable then, dunno. If the prot war didn't have salv on though and was dual wielding in DPS gear he could definitely have put up a bunch of threat spamming devastate.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:11 am

Our MT confirmed yesterday that hes Taunt got Immune message anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:16 am

Yeah, I'd forgotten to take salv into account. I'm pretty sure our paladins didn't flip pallypower for one fight, since Mort's threat hasn't been enough to steal the boss from me before. So it may be that he just never had it, and that would explain the gap between threat position and dps position. We didn't have time for BT last night, so I didn't get to test the taunt theory. Somehow, the unsalved low-dps warrior theory seems a bit more sound.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Frank » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:55 am

Noob Question here....

Is it a bad idea to have a druid tank this boss?

Last night our druid kept dying during out first attempts at this boss and everyone was getting upset that he was taking so many "crushings"

I had dutifully strapped on the healing gear for this one and kept getting asked repeatedly why I insisted on healing instead of tanking. My tanking gear is better and when all things are equal I usually MT the bosses. My reply was the boss doesn't hit that hard so we don't need our best geared tank in there and that I'm a better baseline healer than our druid would be if he were healing instead.

My understanding of druids is that crushings are not that big a deal due to their high armor and dodge, especially when those crushes are only 7K. However if this is wrong I'll have him wear the healing gear and I'll tank it next time.
Frank

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:18 am

It's a very bad idea unless u got only ferals in raid. The feral should go dps while prot should tank on this fight.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lucit » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 am

Doesn't really matter who tanks the boss.... but the druid in question must be very undergeared if he's dying to Najentus.
Lucit

Postby Frank » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:04 am

Lucit wrote:Doesn't really matter who tanks the boss.... but the druid in question must be very undergeared if he's dying to Najentus.

His gear is fine. I think it was a healing issue considering the fight is so healing intensive and timely heals are so improtant. he was getting forgotten during spines and shield explosions and back to back 7K crushes with no heals over the course of 5 seconds.
Frank

Postby Lucit » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:18 am

Frank wrote:His gear is fine. I think it was a healing issue considering the fight is so healing intensive and timely heals are so improtant. he was getting forgotten during spines and shield explosions and back to back 7K crushes with no heals over the course of 5 seconds.

Yeah, that's a healing problem. I intentionally get crushed on that fight for more mana. :P
Lucit

Postby Frank » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:05 pm

Worldie wrote:It's a very bad idea unless u got only ferals in raid. The feral should go dps while prot should tank on this fight.

We usually handle raids with just me and a druid. Often times the only warrior we bring is DPS specced.

So you think the crushings are a big enough deal that I am clearly the better tank for this encounter?
Frank

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:24 pm

No, my thought was that his contribute as DPS is better than your one, unless you have too many melees or lack of healing, in which case him tanking is the best choice.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:28 pm

Frank wrote:
Worldie wrote:It's a very bad idea unless u got only ferals in raid. The feral should go dps while prot should tank on this fight.

We usually handle raids with just me and a druid. Often times the only warrior we bring is DPS specced.

So you think the crushings are a big enough deal that I am clearly the better tank for this encounter?

Warriors are good, Commanding Shout + Demo + TC + Sunders :O :/
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple