Remove Advertisements

[10N] Megaera

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Megaera

Postby Rokh » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Just downed this after about 3 hours of attempts.

My group went G-R-G-R-B-R(lust to kill this red)-G

I found hand of purity to be almost required. While tanking red, pop it when you hit 2 stacks. I also grabed the 20% healing from wings as well.

I also would save holy power for breaths and use WoG, then judge, then WoG again. Most breaths are 200kish, plus the red dot is 70k per second (yes per second)

Save all dps and tanking cooldowns for when you're killing red snakes, they are the devils playground, and they give 0 fucks about your green bar.
Rokh

Re: [10N] Megaera

Postby Bellanka » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:24 am

Rokh wrote:Just downed this after about 3 hours of attempts.

My group went G-R-G-R-B-R(lust to kill this red)-G

I found hand of purity to be almost required. While tanking red, pop it when you hit 2 stacks. I also grabed the 20% healing from wings as well.

I also would save holy power for breaths and use WoG, then judge, then WoG again. Most breaths are 200kish, plus the red dot is 70k per second (yes per second)

Save all dps and tanking cooldowns for when you're killing red snakes, they are the devils playground, and they give 0 fucks about your green bar.

We were having problems just getting that far using the same kill order. The attack speed buff that blue had at that point was just monstrous as well.

But now I feel like a total dingus for not even realizing HoP would work on red buff. I think you just gave us the key to our kill :x
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:23 am

We ended up leaving Venomous head up the entire fight, so killing B-R-B-R-B-R etc. No idea if that was a good idea or not. :D
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Bellanka » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Newsom wrote:We ended up leaving Venomous head up the entire fight, so killing B-R-B-R-B-R etc. No idea if that was a good idea or not. :D

What tanks were you using? Obviously Tankadin.

Our Monk was getting wrecked. I wound up making a macro for keeping SS on him, and had to change my rotation at times so I could make sure to reapply it to him when he was in range.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Rokh » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:42 pm

We found killing blue caused our raid to move to much, and our HPS and DPS went through the floor. If you have good healers, the green head only adds about 100k AoE every 10 seconds or so.. its not to bad.
Rokh

Postby PsiVen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Yeah, we've been having serious issues with ice beams going on healers, especially once there are two ice beams up. Very tempted to try killing Blue only once (5th in GRGRBRX). Main issue seems to be whenever we kill Blue and force the tanks to be miles apart while the healers are getting chased by ice beams.

Heroism for the 6th Rampage seems like a must; that would place it either on the last 20sec of the phase where we have them split wide (which I like) or 20 seconds more on the last phase with B/G up. I think Blue would be the obvious burn target as there's slightly less movement from Red.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby sweetstout » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:58 am

Thx for the tip about Hand of Purity. Its a requirement for this fight.
I found that the best time to use it is just before the second breath.

We still havnt downed it but will prob go down tonight.
/Ed
sweetstout

Postby Promdates » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:17 am

25 might be different, but we did BRGBRGB. We had stack points between B/G and R/B. Depending on which head we were going on is where we would stack. We lusted on the last rampage to help nuke the head asap as well.
Promdates

Postby Volitaire » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:54 pm

We used GBRGBRG. We popped hero on the final red. Our pally healer also used hand of purity to roll on the tank for Red. Below is our kill video with mumble. It is tank PoV so not a whole lot of visibility of the raid but you can hear CD calls and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBL7IYB2lrE
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Welljel » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:13 pm

We went BRGBRGB, I tanked the 2nd R and had to use AD to soak the first breath, GoaK for 2nd (so it was back up for last 20s or so of fight), and unglyphyed DP for 3rd. It's the only dangerous part of the fight. Used light's hammer for every single rampage which ticked on the whole raid and the next head to be killed. After tanking red I'd use bubble with 8s of Rampage remaining to remove damage on myself. I'm not sure the order was optimal but it worked for us.
Welljel

Postby Bellanka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:12 am

GRGRBRG for us.

The biggest problem for us was using tank swaps. It added so much more unnecessary damage, spikes, and removed predictability from tank damage. Once we removed that road block, the boss went down fairly easily.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:21 am

So did you not do any tank swaps?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby daishan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:30 am

We used GRGRBRG as well started off with no tank swaps until a head died, but our DK got squashed by last red head I was on the green so was out of range to HoPur him, we just decided to tank switch while the last 2 or 3 heads where up (using run speed boosts to make it fast)
I'm sure we could of done it without tank switches by either changing tank assignments or using external CD's more effectively, just seemed easier to tank switch.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:31 am

Fenrìr wrote:So did you not do any tank swaps?

Not while the heads were active. Only during Rampage. We had too much extra damage from Megaera's Rage, or debuffs stacking and causing more damage.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Volitaire » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:08 pm

People are tank swapping while the heads are active? The amount of potential damage that would happen by having the heads potentially facing into the raid seems like a really bad idea. After a head goes down the entire raid should stack (including the tanks) and start to burn the new target priority. About a second before rampage ends the tanks should take off and taunt allowing them to stay stacked as long as possible so only AOE healing is really required. There is plenty of time between the end of the rampage and the next breath from any of the heads to get positioned and face them well away form the raid between the heads.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)