Remove Advertisements

Trinkets?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Trinkets?

Postby Thels » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:44 am

Seems there are quite a few trinkets to choose from, 5 actual tanking trinkets, and 3 additional dps trinkets (not considering the two crit trinkets).

Soul Barrier (Drops from Lei Shen)
2201 Stamina. Use: Absorb 11206 damage every time you take physical damage, up to 56030 damage (2 minute CD)

Fortitude of the Zandalari (Drops from Council)
1467 Mastery. Use: Increases maximum health by 73844 for 15 seconds (2 minute CD)

Ji-Kun’s Rising Winds (Drops from Ji-Kun)
1467 Expertise. Melee hits that reduce you below 35% health heal you for 40341 (30 seconds CD)

Steadfast Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (Available at friendly)
1467 Mastery. Use: Grant 16000 dodge, reducing to 0 over 20 seconds (2 minute CD)

Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire (Drops from Dark Animus)
1467 Dodge. Dodges can proc 8800 mastery for 20 seconds.

Soul Barrier and Fortitude seem like the go-to survival trinkets. Rising Winds seems like an interesting alternative in case you’re unlucky with drops (especially considering that more expertise on your trinket means you can gem/reforge more towards stamina/mastery/haste). The Steadfast Talisman and the Delicate Vial seem a bit lackluster with all the dodge they provide/require, though perhaps they make an interesting combination for avoidance tanks? (Personally, I don’t like the RNG that is dodge.)

Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (Available at friendly)
1467 Expertise. Attacks can proc 8800 strength for 15 seconds.

Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (Drops from Ji-Kun)
1467 Hit. Attacks can proc 1333 strength, increasing to 13330 over 20 seconds.

Spark of Zandalar (Drops from Horridon)
1467 Haste. Attacks can proc 7333 strength for 20 seconds.

Primordius’ Talisman of Rage (Drops from Primordius)
1467 Crit. Attacks can proc 1538 strength for 10 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

Gaze of the Twins (Drops from Twins)
1467 Strength. Crits can proc 2868 crit for 20 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.

Brutal Talisman, Fabled Feather and Spark of Zandalar all seem decent choices for the Haste and Mastery oriented tanks. The Brutal Talisman and Fabled Feather have the downside that they cannot easily be swapped out for other trinkets without reforging, when you want to swap to more survival oriented gems. Talisman of Rage seems uninteresting with it’s base crit, and Gaze of the Twins is a purely DPS trinket that we’re likely to pass on for DPS as their benefit from it is a lot bigger. At decent vengeance levels 1467 haste (either directly from the trinket, or through reforging) provides a bigger DPS upgrade than the strength does, so it would at most be a placeholder until another DPS trinket dropped.

Personally (as a 10 man tank who’s not diving straight into heroics), I’m probably going to aim for Brutal Talisman + Spark of Zandalar, Spark of Zandalar can be swapped without problems, and from the remaining two trinkets, Brutal Talisman is much easier to obtain, and it can be swapped 1:1 with Rising Winds without the need to reforge.

I've considered keep using the Ghost Iron Dragonling with 1800 total stats, but the problem of not being able to swap it on the spot is somewhat of a disadvantage.
ImageImage
Thels

Re: Trinkets?

Postby Bellanka » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 am

Really? I'd think Soul Barrier and a double upgraded Lao Chin's or Jade Warlord figurine, maybe Ji Kun's if the others aren't available.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:53 pm

I'm really not too keen on the mastery / dodge on use trinket avail at friendly. I'm probably just gonna pick up the exp / str on proc one.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Darrak » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:45 pm

For me clear favorites are soul barrier and spark of zandalari. I prefer haste in all my choices(to a reasonable degree ofc). And avoidance just sux.

The only ones i also considered are Fortitude of the Zandalari, but i'm of a opinion that u don't need additional mastery after your shield reduces about 50%dmg, so that's out for me. Ji-kun's rising winds provides additional haste through reforging which is nice so i'll be probably using that one until i can get my hands on soul barrier, in fact i'm using it now(with a Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault)
Darrak

Postby Setokaiba » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:12 am

Has anyone looked at http://www.wowhead.com/item=94522 ?

- Talisman of Bloodlust – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.

I haven't done theorycrafting, but I assume you have at least 1 stack most of the fight, where 3+ stacks makes this trinket haste heaven?
or am I missing something

Any thoughts?
Setokaiba

Postby Gab » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Setokaiba wrote:Has anyone looked at http://www.wowhead.com/item=94522 ?

- Talisman of Bloodlust – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.

I haven't done theorycrafting, but I assume you have at least 1 stack most of the fight, where 3+ stacks makes this trinket haste heaven?

Any thoughts?

It seems pretty weak for str tanks. Even if you assume an average of 1 stack the entire fight its only 1538 haste... Unpredictability in trinkets is bad especially for tanks, actually having 2-3 stacks for some meaningful portion of the fight is pretty slim. I'd keep the DMC and valor/trash trinkets over it in any case, Or Lei Shen's Final Orders for that matter.
Last edited by Gab on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gab

Postby Setokaiba » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:21 am

Gab wrote:
Setokaiba wrote:Has anyone looked at http://www.wowhead.com/item=94522 ?

Any thoughts?

It seems pretty weak for str tanks. Even if you assume an average of 1 stack the entire fight its only 1538 haste... Unpredictability in trinkets is bad especially for tanks, actualling hacing 2-3 stacks for some meaningful portion of the fight is pretty slim. I'd keep the DMC and valor/trash trinkets over it in any case, Or Lei Shen's Final Orders for that matter.

I've tried to find some info on it, and also recent buffs to PPM - all lean towards this being decent trinket. I hope I can get my hands on it, but we should be able to maintain at least 1-2 stacks like 90% of fights, with 5x half of it.
5 stacks = 7690, which again, with recent changes to PPM should not be hard to achiev.
Setokaiba

Postby Gab » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:14 am

Setokaiba wrote:I've tried to find some info on it, and also recent buffs to PPM - all lean towards this being decent trinket. I hope I can get my hands on it, but we should be able to maintain at least 1-2 stacks like 90% of fights, with 5x half of it.
5 stacks = 7690, which again, with recent changes to PPM should not be hard to achiev.

I seriously doubt we'll have 5x stacks of it during half a fight, but that's just specualtion; I have no idea how to math out the RPPM trinkets. I'd be interested to see some logs since the recent RPPM trinket buff though.
Gab

Postby Dael » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:39 am

Considering that the 'tank' trinkets with secondary stats have very unappealing usages / procs, it seems quite hard for me to find a better combination than the Spark of Zandalar and the Brutal Talisman, the Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun could also be viable if hit were to be an issue (but I'm not sure it will).

Soul Barrier is a good chunk of stamina sure for when it's needed, but in my view the use is on far too long of a cooldown and with such a low effect then it is barely worth picking up at all for general use. Completely neglecting the fact that it adds no passive mitigation, the use being too weak would be reason enough to not pick it up for me.
Last edited by Dael on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dael, tanking since the warriors couldn't be bothered to do it in Hyjal.
Dael

Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 am

Invisusira

Postby mikar » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:45 am

I'm running http://www.wowhead.com/item=94526 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=94508

Talisman usually has 20-22% uptime, Spark has 22 - 30% uptime (14k haste).
Definately very happy with those two trinkets.
mikar

Postby Overan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 am

So i have a problem with my trinket choice. Before 5.2 i had 2 Stam trinkets. I know most of u will say its crap, but i kinda liked it. But now with 5.2 i wanted to change it. I got the Fortitude of the Zandalari yesterday and i really think it helps with the HP it gives. But i dont really know what i should put into the second slot. Now i have another stam trinket in it. Should i replace it with mitigation or pure avoidance or even exp? I really dont know.
As a side note, i dont like haste, i prefer going mastery control build. I kinda think thats what gets me into that trouble
Overan

Postby Nooska » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:10 am

Well if you are a tank, a stamina trinket is a failsafe option, you can't go wrong with that. (For more in deapth, there is plenty of explanation by Theck amongst other as to why stamina is the godking of stats for tanks)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Promdates » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:22 am

Overan wrote:So i have a problem with my trinket choice. Before 5.2 i had 2 Stam trinkets. I know most of u will say its crap, but i kinda liked it. But now with 5.2 i wanted to change it. I got the Fortitude of the Zandalari yesterday and i really think it helps with the HP it gives. But i dont really know what i should put into the second slot. Now i have another stam trinket in it. Should i replace it with mitigation or pure avoidance or even exp? I really dont know.
As a side note, i dont like haste, i prefer going mastery control build. I kinda think thats what gets me into that trouble

I find for the majority of the fights in ToT I'm using 2x Haste trinkets. Both the Lei Shen and Spark of Zandalar. I'm also using stamina gems right now, but that's mostly because I'm doing 25m content and would prefer to have higher HP pool. I did manage to break 1M health on Twin Consorts without a stam trinket...
Promdates

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 am

Ain't nuffink wrong with stam trinkets. Most efficient point allocation by slot.

I personally generally run using the mastery trinks reforged to haste because that's what I've gotten so far; the New Math re: haste/mast shows I may be ahead of the curve!
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice