Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Bearing in mind I've not read the patch notes yet... but did anyone else maintain their Valor of the Ancients buff? I haven't done any heroics since reset and it's telling me I'll get 50% increase valor.

That's a fairly common issue. It typically resets when you cross a loading screen.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Darielle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Bearing in mind I've not read the patch notes yet... but did anyone else maintain their Valor of the Ancients buff? I haven't done any heroics since reset and it's telling me I'll get 50% increase valor.

It's a bug that can happen when you log in after a reset where you had the buff, and the buff will go away when you encounter a loading screen.

Used to happen prepatch a couple of times.
Darielle

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:56 am

So now that some of you guys (and gals) have seen the bosses, how is tank damage so far?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:59 am

From two bosses' view, it's decent to go through. Horridon is similar to Sha in that it's a AM check. Jin'rokh can be annoying due to his debuff, but it's nothing horrible.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:13 am

Hrm, alrighty, been thinking of dropping my pure haste gems in favor of haste/stam, just not sure I've convinced myself yet.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:14 am

Varies. Many bosses have near-oneshot abilities you want to cooldown with your AM abilities.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:42 am

Interesting to see that Ra-Den is designed around careful use of active mitigation - he has at least one attack that instantly kills the tank if they don't have Shor/Shield Block/Shuffle/Blood Shield/whatever-the-Bear's-is active.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 am

Weren't there supposed to be some new BS recipes that would allow you to level it with just ghost iron? Did I dream it?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:13 am

Worldie wrote:Weren't there supposed to be some new BS recipes that would allow you to level it with just ghost iron? Did I dream it?

They should be on the trainers, probably on their own drop down list. Post on - MMO-Champion which is worth a read.

~500 stacks of ore is needed. @40g per stack it costs 20k to level. Best to do as suggested in the post, look at the graph and try to seek alternative patterns for the more inefficient Training Projects.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Newsom » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:30 am

Fenrìr wrote:So now that some of you guys (and gals) have seen the bosses, how is tank damage so far?

Fenrìr wrote:Hrm, alrighty, been thinking of dropping my pure haste gems in favor of haste/stam, just not sure I've convinced myself yet.

In 10N I haven't had any issues yet with pure haste gems and double haste trinkets.

Jin'rokh - Doesn't hit hard at all, you can bubble out of the stun
Horridon - Low damage here as well, even at 10 stacks of the debuff he didn't hit super hard, the adds can be more deadly.
Council - Only the frost guy hits hard when he's stacking the debuff, just pop Guardian when he does. Standing in quicksand hurts a bit but Hand of Freedom lets you get out quickly.
Tortos - Hits quite hard, you should time ShotR to the snapping bite. Not sure about the adds, I tanked the boss on both my characters but our druid and DK had no issues.
Megaera - Damage is pretty tough here, especially near the end. Get Purity for the fire head, that dot really hurts. I found myself using cooldowns mostly when tanking the poison head.
Ji-Kun - Damage is pretty low unless you have high stacks of Infected Talons and take a second Talon Rake. We found it worked best to have the first tank only take 1 stack of Talon Rake at the start before switching, and then taunting at 2 stacks after that as usual. Purity is very nice here as well, works for both Infected Talons and the poison you get if you soak green slime. If you're quick you can time ShotR to the Talon Rake cast.
Durumu - Doesn't hit very hard, you might want to use a cooldown at 4 stacks to help the healers
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Sagara » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:49 am

25m tickles a bit more TBH. An unmitigated Jin'rock melee is around 300k, which is sometimes compounded by 3-4 Static Wound stacks, which adds around 60-70k base.
Horridon is a bit less dangerous with 250k base, but if you miss ShotR on a Triple Puncture, that can rack up around 250 + 400 for 650k at the end of your tanking time.

Newsom wrote:Megaera - Damage is pretty tough here, especially near the end. Get Purity for the fire head, that dot really hurts. I found myself using cooldowns mostly when tanking the poison head.
Ji-Kun - Damage is pretty low unless you have high stacks of Infected Talons and take a second Talon Rake. We found it worked best to have the first tank only take 1 stack of Talon Rake at the start before switching, and then taunting at 2 stacks after that as usual. Purity is very nice here as well, works for both Infected Talons and the poison you get if you soak green slime. If you're quick you can time ShotR to the Talon Rake cast.

QUick question for those two: is there any need to interrupt or use Speed of Light? I tend to swap out buttons for the 2 most useful "extras", so I'd want to set HoPu on one of those.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:59 am

Speed of light is a huge plus on JiKun.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:09 am

No interrupt though? I got two spots to fill with either interrupts/SoL/HoPu/Stun/CC... pretty much anything utility apart from the 4 basic Hands.

Sagara

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:33 am

So there's absolutely nothing new for Engineering right? my top 2 toons are engineers.. that sucks.

On my alchemist I noticed that the potion of luck CD is 20 mins now, so I can have it all the time, but it seems the drop rate of treasures was lowered (HoF first part usually gets you like a dozen, I got only 3)
djlar

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:31 am

Sagara wrote:No interrupt though? I got two spots to fill with either interrupts/SoL/HoPu/Stun/CC... pretty much anything utility apart from the 4 basic Hands.

You don't need interrupts or stun on either of those 2 bosses, but having speed of light on Jikun makes sure you can't be throw off.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General