Remove Advertisements

Theck's MATLAB thread - MoP/5.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB thread - MoP/5.x

Postby theckhd » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:25 pm

If only someone around here had a place to discuss such things. Like a blog or something.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 pm

i dont remember you ever mentioning the C/Ba set before until today.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:47 pm

It's been in the Monte-Carlo sim since October (set #2), though I didn't start calling it "C/Bal" until December.

In any event, the point was that Wrathblood was summarizing my blog post...
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Also: most of the sims are updated for 5.2 now. The Stat and Weapon sims are still running. As in, currently, meaning right now. I don't expect them to be done until tomorrow morning at the earliest, because they take a long time. With any luck they'll be done before the servers come up.
theckhd

Postby Sagara » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am

theckhd wrote:If only someone around here had a place to discuss such things. Like a blog or something.

Like I mentionned on "the super-awesome blog some fellow tankadin has been making for some time whose name contains Duty and Sacred" (patent pending), I think that, survivability-wise, we can just grab wathever drops for us with a nice fat ilvl and just avoid Crit (it's nice for DPS, but just useless for survival). Which means we'll probably tend towards actual "tank pieces" while the DPS'ers gear up, then we might actually push for Haste sidegrades if we actually want to.

Despite not being "on the level" with the best of us, I'm still probably going to go Haste over time - we're still going to get heal spammed all the freaking time, so might as well lessen the need for fast/expensive heals.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:53 am

theckhd wrote:If only someone around here had a place to discuss such things. Like a blog or something.

:oops: yeah... that would be *amazing*! A whole prot paladin blog! Imagine!

yeah, I realized as soon as I asked that I should probably check Sacred Duty :P
benebarba

Postby daishan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:17 am

Thx for all the 5.2 work :D
I'm guessing as I'm a Dwarf http://www.wowhead.com/item=96130 will end up about the same dps as http://www.wowhead.com/item=94964 ?
One thing I did notice is the mace is a 2.4 speed where as the other 3 raid weps are 2.6 speed, does that cause the mace to lag behind in dps even more? and will the faster swing speed lead to more SoI and battle healer procs?
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:42 am

well the weapon damage of the mace is still lower :(
Schroom

Postby Schroom » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:51 am

oh and btw what does:
AoE target cap increased to 20 (from 10)
mean?

did our AoE only affect a maximum of 10 targets (now 20)? preventing us from effectively tanking more enemies than this number says?
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 am

AoE damage was capped at the amount of damage the attack would deal if it hit 10 enemies. With any number of enemies above 10, that total damage number would be divided among all targets.

So, if your attack deals 100 damage per target, and hit ten enemies, it would deal a total of 1,000 damage. If it hit 20 enemies it would still deal 1,000 damage, at 50 per target. With 100 enemies, it would deal 10 damage per target.

This change increases the cap to 20, effectively removing the cap for most situations. Your theoretical 100 damage-per-target attack would now cap at 2,000 damage on 20+ enemies.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby theckhd » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:04 am

daishan wrote:Thx for all the 5.2 work :D
I'm guessing as I'm a Dwarf http://www.wowhead.com/item=96130 will end up about the same dps as http://www.wowhead.com/item=94964 ?
One thing I did notice is the mace is a 2.4 speed where as the other 3 raid weps are 2.6 speed, does that cause the mace to lag behind in dps even more? and will the faster swing speed lead to more SoI and battle healer procs?

As a dwarf, you should look at the "2.5% hit, 8% exp" data for maces ("cfg2" on the tables). Those are the little green boxes on the plot - that shows you the additional amount of DPS that extra 1% expertise gives you.

I didn't notice that the mace was faster, but it's accounted for in the sim automatically (the weapon data is pulled from the wowhead database). In any event, weapon speed doesn't have a large effect on DPS anymore. It would cause Seal of Truth procs to be smaller relative to a slower weapon, but we're not using SoT in the sims anyway.

It will cause the proc rate of SoI to be slightly lower, not higher. SoI is 20 PPM, so the proc rate will be 20*weapon_speed/60, or 80% for 2.4-speed weapon and 86.7% for a 2.6-speed weapon. For auto-attacks that would make no difference - you'd still get an average of 20 procs either way. However, since it can proc off of specials (ex: CS), the overall rate of SoI procs will be a little lower with a faster weapon (every CS only has an 80% chance to proc SoI with the 2.4-speed weapon, whereas it's 86.7% chance with the 2.6-speed).

Weapon speed should have no effect whatsoever on Battle Healer. Battle healer converts damage to healing based on damage done, so all that matters is weapon DPS. Two weapons with different speeds but the same average DPS should produce identical BH results. CS and HotR (which proc Battle Healer as well) use normalized weapon damage.

Schroom wrote:ah ok thanks. So it's an AoE buff

Yup

Also: stat scaling simulation updated.
theckhd

Postby daishan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:57 am

Cheers Theck, I always get the weapon speed stuff confused -.-
No reason to go for the Mace then even as a dwarf :(
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Foolosophy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:51 am

https://sites.google.com/site/matlabadi ... CW_all.png

I don't really know how to read the weapon chart sorted by dps. Is it just the yellow lines to look at? Or is the highest dps = the one with the blue + yellow + green line which goes the most to the right?
Foolosophy

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations