Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:17 pm

1-85 in 3 hours seems a bit off. My level 42 monk got 10K XP from the Darkmoon Faire battle which was about 1/9th a level. My Level 30ish Rogue got 2K XP from a level 1 rat in Stormwind which is around 30K XP per level that range.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:20 pm

How are the new Island of Giants pets in battles?...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Believe me, joined the guild at raid start, at lvl 1, at raid end (4 hours later) we see his lvl 85 achi on the guild. He aint even on armory yet cause the char is new. He used the 300% exp flask, sure, but still, even doing 1-85 in 7-8 hours seembs extremely off.

According to them, they just get a lvl 5 pet and 1shot lvl 1 pets in town, when pet levels, get a new pet, repeat.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:09 am

I think they've already fixed the XP bug.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 am

15:04:14 You receive currency: [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] x6.

That was from one pet battle. Feels like pet battles are a lot more efficient for getting charms than dailies at the moment. Now all we need is reputation gains. :D
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:41 am

From what I heard, last night there were over a hundred people in SW doing pet battles to level new alts.

One wonders if Blizz was slow to fix it to: 1) get more people doing pet battles, and 2) get more leveled alts in the game.

I'm sure it will be fixed on the US servers before I have a chance to do it, but that's probably a good thing. I really don't need another 90 to get tempted by. :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:04 am

Newsom wrote:15:04:14 You receive currency: [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] x6.

That was from one pet battle. Feels like pet battles are a lot more efficient for getting charms than dailies at the moment. Now all we need is reputation gains. :D

It is a low chance, I want to say about 25% per fight, and can range from 3 to 6 I've seen.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Promdates » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Really easy to kill two birds with one stone. Level pets to 25 in Vale, get 80 Lesser Grand Charms while doing so.
Promdates

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:01 pm

I'm still far from 25, best pet is 18

I've seen "yellow" colored pets on map, what are those and what they give? (there's one on Vot4W, near the marmot stomp daily)
djlar

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Those are the Beast of Fables.
Flex

Postby Newsom » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Flex wrote:
Newsom wrote:15:04:14 You receive currency: [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] x6.

It is a low chance, I want to say about 25% per fight, and can range from 3 to 6 I've seen.

It's 2-6, and the chance depends on what level the pets you're killing are. It also seems like it matters if your pets die or not. Getting more like a 50% rate when I don't let any pet die and fight level 24-25s. Also seems like the new Fable pets have a lot higher chance to drop them (and more of them).

Considering how quickly you can massacre aquatics in Vale with a few moths, it is indeed very efficent, at least for me. Almost too efficient...

I used to dread doing the dailies on my characters for the lesser charms, but now I've been able to get 90+ on 3 of them since the patch hit with very little effort.
Newsom

Postby Fenris » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Great

Just great

I complete Beast of fables,spending hours on it and cursing at every step because i've only 5 lvl 25 pet (and sadly the halloween cat is next to useless so it's more like 4)

I'm on my way to the trainer to complete it and get the panda.My game crashes

When i relog and get to the npc,i can't turn in the quest,even with the quest log marking it complete.I can only retake it

I do that,my progress is reset to 0.

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Jabari » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:00 am

Haven't done any pet stuff in a while - messed around a bit over the weekend.

Got a rare Jade Hatchling. [Lightning Storm] + [Build Turret] is kinda fun :lol: , and the Storm makes [Cyclone] a decent skill too. Using the Oozeling as the 3rd right now (multiple DoTs triggering storm, and a [Wild Magic]-type effect that's good with both the Storm and the Turret).

(Damn poor vs Elementals though - the Storm triggers on their attacks, but not on ones against them due to their Weather Immunity. Oh well.)

Perhaps an ideal 3rd would be an Elemental with a good Aquatic attack and a DoT (or multi-attack).

One other thing I noticed is that many of the "stun" effects now also give a "immune to stuns for 2-turns" effect. No more Chain-Frogging with things like Frog Kiss.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby jere » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:18 am

I don't know if it is intended, but a lot of the Beasts of Fabled can be easily taken by two pets with a life exchange type attack followed by a pet with instant death below 25% attack. Their high HP makes them fairly susceptible to HP based attacks.

I haven't gone that route yet since I think it is a bit too easy for my tastes (at least on some of the beasts) and I am betting that it will somehow get nerfed (max damage cap for example).

I do find that the Kun Lai Runt is very good against the critters. I can solo one of the BoF and hammer the other ones pretty far. Both the Crow and Jade Owl have done well against the aquatics. I'm working on a yellow moth (P/P) to see how it does against some of them.

My most common tactic against them is 2 pets that have improved damage against their type + a finisher pet(either something with good defense against them or a special attack that makes sense versus the pet).
jere

Postby Newsom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Get 3 moths and you can beat anything. Seriously.
Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to General