Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby djlar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:55 am

What are the hot items on 5.2? I see astronomical prices on the new raid trash drops atm and a few pets from LFR satchels
djlar

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 am

djlar wrote:What are the hot items on 5.2? I see astronomical prices on the new raid trash drops atm and a few pets from LFR satchels

The big question will be Ghost Iron. With the changes to Blacksmithing, it could use up a LOT of ore, and prices could go way up, depending on, the number of botters on your server, and how many people want to level BS. If those ore prices go up, then that will effect JC, and a few other things.

The legendary quest will require 40 trillium bars, so that might have an impact, especially if many people go with BS.

I'd stay away from pets. (I also didn't have time last night to list the pets that I farmed on the Island of the Giants, but they drop frequently enough that I doubt they'll have much value.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nooska » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:37 am

Farms, I had a mineral farm because of the need for trillium - I had almost pure trillium re yesterday after the patch hit form a full farm.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:35 am

Nooska wrote:Farms, I had a mineral farm because of the need for trillium - I had almost pure trillium re yesterday after the patch hit form a full farm.

Concerned Goblin is concerned...

halabar

Postby Nooska » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:37 am

They did say in the patchnotes that they buffed farm special crops to make them more able to compete with world farming.
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:47 am

Nooska wrote:They did say in the patchnotes that they buffed farm special crops to make them more able to compete with world farming.

If they buffed it THAT well, then there's no point in being a gatherer at all, and I might as well drop mining for BS on my hunter. Also concerned about the ore prices.

Wish they would have fixed LW, I would drop mining for LW instead then.

halabar

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:07 pm

They "buffed" potions of luck, the CD to use matches the duration, great for farming extra mats while doing dailies or raids with lots of trash, and now the chests can't be ninjaed by another potion user, and they removed the annoying "binds to you" message like a regular "white" item.
djlar

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:10 pm

djlar wrote:They "buffed" potions of luck, the CD to use matches the duration, great for farming extra mats while doing dailies or raids with lots of trash, and now the chests can't be ninjaed by another potion user, and they removed the annoying "binds to you" message like a regular "white" item.

So you aren't rolling against other potion users anymore? And the cooldown makes sense? cool!

halabar

Postby Nooska » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:57 am

Well you may have a hard time coming across Ghost Iron on the farm from my experience.
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby halabar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:08 pm

djlar wrote:They "buffed" potions of luck, the CD to use matches the duration, great for farming extra mats while doing dailies or raids with lots of trash, and now the chests can't be ninjaed by another potion user, and they removed the annoying "binds to you" message like a regular "white" item.

Not so fast....

Yeah, they did make those changes, but... it appears the drop rate was also reduced, at least from my experience today. Did the first wing of HoF LFR, used 2 potions, got a total of 4 treasures. Got a bit of gold, 8 trillium, some cloth, so it still might be worth it, but barely. Not a big money maker.

halabar

Postby Jabari » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:08 am

halabar wrote:Not so fast....

Yeah, they did make those changes, but... it appears the drop rate was also reduced, at least from my experience today. Did the first wing of HoF LFR, used 2 potions, got a total of 4 treasures. Got a bit of gold, 8 trillium, some cloth, so it still might be worth it, but barely. Not a big money maker.

It looks to me that they implemented the mechanics used for the "bonus" Tailoring cloth on these. You won't see the Plundered until the person whose loot it is actually goes and picks thiers up, and only after that will any Plundered show up for you.

So you'll have to lag a bit behind the group to clean these up, and if lazy people are lazy and don't loot their mobs, you're SOL on those. (Unless they die, I believe).

(Cue raid leaders yelling "LOOT THE DOGS!!")

I used one in the first part of HoF LFR (covered the trash before the first 2 bosses), got my near-usual 14 boxes or so.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:35 am

Jabari wrote:
halabar wrote:Not so fast....

It looks to me that they implemented the mechanics used for the "bonus" Tailoring cloth on these. You won't see the Plundered until the person whose loot it is actually goes and picks thiers up, and only after that will any Plundered show up for you.

So you'll have to lag a bit behind the group to clean these up, and if lazy people are lazy and don't loot their mobs, you're SOL on those. (Unless they die, I believe).

(Cue raid leaders yelling "LOOT THE DOGS!!")

I used one in the first part of HoF LFR (covered the trash before the first 2 bosses), got my near-usual 14 boxes or so.

Hmm... I was keeping an eye out behind me. I wonder if you get screwed by the people that don't auto-loot and only cherry pick because they are too lazy to sell greys or clean out their bags?

If so, the potions are still barely worth it unless GL craters.

halabar

Postby Jabari » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Don't think the "auto-loot" matters at all, just whether they go "touch" the corpse or not. It's different than skinning corpses, where everything has to be taken.

For my tailor, I get "bonus cloth" immediately on my corpses, and then other people's corpses will go sparkly (when the cloth procs) when that person touches it, whether they pick up anything or not. I've gotten grays along with my bonus cloth that way.

For a non-tailor (and non-Potion-of-Luck-user), they won't even see the cloth/plundered on the body. Unlike before - the non-eligible people COULD see the Plundered when they looted theirs, it was just in red.

It's hardly uncommon to have people just rush through and not loot their bodies at all. Had a Kun-Lai Kicker Scenario the other day where both other people never looted their stuff - that's one of my best places for the Luck Potion (and my tailor, too). That sucked. :(
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:25 pm

Nooska wrote:Farms, I had a mineral farm because of the need for trillium - I had almost pure trillium re yesterday after the patch hit form a full farm.

Well... did my first mineral patch yesterday, got a total of 17 trillium, and about 10 ghost iron. Not entirely impressed. Need to try the seeds that do MoH and see if those converted to GL would be more profitable, or just the herb ones for GL. If the farm is still giving 6+ GL per day, then that would be better than the minerals.

halabar

Postby Jabari » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm getting around 4 to 5 GL average a day from a full farm. Better to just plant Enigma instead of Songbells if you're just after profit probably. It's certainly better than converting SoH.

(Plus, the other herbs are at least somewhat useful - can mill them or turn them into potions)

They've definitely upped the others - was getting about 6 stacks of windwool from 16 plots (counting the Bolts as 5 cloth each), and the ore was ok too. Magebulbs I don't have a good count of (my enchanter planted them so it was all stacked with the stuff he carries), but they were giving more Essences (as well as plants with both Essences and Dust, which didn't happen before IIRC). Haven't tried the Leather ones since 5.2.
Jabari

PreviousNext

Return to General