Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby djlar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:41 am

I got 14 elder charms on 2 instance runs last night, 1 key was dropped by a mini-boss, the other key on the final daily quest reward (which also contained 2 elder charms)

The instance is kinda tricky, at first I was owned by the lightning things and traps, too bad you have to spend elder coins to avoid some traps, can they change them to gold or something? first run only gathered 5 elder charms, second run 9, and enough of those scrolls to but rep. Also 2 of the 3 keys needed to summon a monster that a group must kill..
djlar

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:59 am

Teranoid wrote:And why they didn't make it so the coins you get from the isle dailies go towards mogu and kept the old ones they way they were makes absolutely no sense.

Single stop shopping for catching up with the isle dailies. 476s for gold, 496s for valor, elder coins for 5.0 raids and not limited on coin acquisition rate. Did the isle today and ended up getting 8 coins.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:08 am

Eh true enough. I suppose it could have been worse and they could have said "oh hey you know those 1500 coins you've had from doing dailies? Yeah those won't do shit anymore go farm these now haha suckers"
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:21 am

since this was a common issue in the guild last night.

If you want to get rep for running a heroic/scenario click on the "Star" next to the reputation in the rep pane. 600/400 for old reps and 300/200 for the new one.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:26 am

WTF IS THIS?!?!? I can buy Valor gear for GOLD?!?!?! Like all 476 Valor gears as long as I have the reb for them?!?!?!?!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Jabari » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 am

Ok, I'm still confused.

(Small-sample-size theater, I know)

I did the (I believe) 12 dailies on the Isle with one character. (3 locations, 4 at each spot.) Picked up one from the Shado-Pan guy toward the middle of the island, but didn't do it because A) it was bedtime, and B) there was absolutely no description of what to do.

It said something like "Collect 3 <somethings>, it may take a while." No clue on the map or anywhere else on what to collect/kill/do.

I got no Elder Charms, no "keys" of any type, no "single player scenario", or anything else. :?

Flex wrote:since this was a common issue in the guild last night.

If you want to get rep for running a heroic/scenario click on the "Star" next to the reputation in the rep pane. 600/400 for old reps and 300/200 for the new one.

There's also a dropdown menu right there on the queueing screen. Not sure if that comes up as an option if you're a non-initiating group member though.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:28 am

Holyblaze wrote:WTF IS THIS?!?!? I can buy Valor gear for GOLD?!?!?! Like all 476 Valor gears as long as I have the reb for them?!?!?!?!

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 am

Jabari wrote:Ok, I'm still confused.

The end prize can contain one. Mobs on the island drop a key, the key opens the vault, in the vault are a lot of treasure chests. Chests can contain coins.

Valor gear isn't gold purchasable. The new factions sell 476 gear for gold at various rep levels.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:36 am

That's what confused me. I knew Sunreavers Offensive (and its Ally counterpart) offer epic for gold at various level, but kinda made it sound like all factions were doing that.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Jabari » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 am

Ok, thank you. :)

Can you get Charms from the "Zandalri Scouts" too? I killed one of them (happened across it while looking for Degu), it dropped a box that had 30-ish Kyparite, 10 White Trillium, and a thing that gives 1000 Golden Lotus rep (BoA). Kinda neat.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am

Klaudandus wrote: but kinda made it sound like all factions were doing that.

No, Holyblaze just can't read. I never said anything about valor gear for gold.
Flex

Postby djlar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:06 pm

From the 12 bags so far from LFR:

25 to 30 gold (varies) on each bag
1 blood spirit

I was seeing a lot of Taby cat pets dropping on other players, some guy got an elwyn lamb, and 1 more blood spirit to someone else.

It appears if you saved the bags from last week you get only the varied gold amount, no items so far
djlar

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:43 pm

BAH! Lies I say! Eyes can readz yo!

Well its still for gold...just the new rep is all. Was unclear so I infered that ALL VG was for gold now. pfft!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Bearing in mind I've not read the patch notes yet... but did anyone else maintain their Valor of the Ancients buff? I haven't done any heroics since reset and it's telling me I'll get 50% increase valor.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Nope, but I wish!

On other news, how are you guys "advancing" in the island? our realm is about 1% every hour, that's 1 of 6 locks (maybe 7?), so it will take 100 hours for the first part to be completed, then another 5 or 6, that's almost a whole month, well full LFR won't be until 5 weeks, so..
djlar

PreviousNext

Return to General