Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:18 am

All this patch 5.2 lore stuff that's coming out, and what the Zandalari are doing in it, has got me thinking that WoW 6.0 is going to be the south seas and Zandalari Empire.

(Think about it, the Trolls are confident enough to go around reviving Lei Shen so he can be their ally, and throwing in a whole load of their forces as front line fodder - the Empire back home has got to be more powerful than the enemies we're facing in MoP. And giving them this much prominence in MoP then putting them on the back burner for a full expansion again doesn't seem likely. Straight after MoP is the ideal time to finally dive into their story.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:27 am

An entire expansion of nothing but troll instances...imagine the gear!

In one of the story interviews, pretty sure the wow insider one, they talked about the troll prophet that saw the need to unite the clans after the Cataclysm, then they talked about Wrathion's vision of The Burning Legion coming back and his plan to forcefully unite the factions by having one conquer the other. I'd not be surprised if they tie those together in said troll expansion.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:29 am

Well, we still have Zandalar that's slowly sinking, and Azshara is still out there with Neptulon in thrall. Azshara being so close to BOTH the Legion and the Old Gods, she'd be a nice tie-in for something else...

In fact, taking Azshara down could open a nice little platform for us moving on againt either of those.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:35 am

I'd forgotten Azshara. That would solve the problem of how you fill in 3-4 raid tiers in a Troll expansion (intro tier, Azshara tier, Zul tier).

For some reason I don't think they'll do a full-on Legion invasion next expansion, so soon after downing Garrosh. It'd be the one after, with some more in-game foreshadowing. I could very easily be wrong, though.

(Aaaand, I've derailed the thread. Maybe I should have posted in the Interesting Lore thread after all.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:42 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I'd forgotten Azshara. That would solve the problem of how you fill in 3-4 raid tiers in a Troll expansion (intro tier, Azshara tier, Zul tier).

For some reason I don't think they'll do a full-on Legion invasion next expansion, so soon after downing Garrosh. It'd be the one after, with some more in-game foreshadowing. I could very easily be wrong, though.

(Aaaand, I've derailed the thread. Maybe I should have posted in the Interesting Lore thread after all.)

Well the Zul Tier could have the big reveal that the troll prophet was a Legion forerunner sent to disrupt and eliminate the races that have defeated the Legion previously. And then you get 6 months of raiding that tier and hearing the threats of doom!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:50 pm

DOOOOOOOOOOM!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Newsom » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:48 pm

Lots of interviews went up yesterday on various fansites.

BlizzPlanet wrote:Ghostcrawler hinted at an unannounced feature in this expansion that is going to really change how WoW is going to be played, much like the LFR feature – can we get a hint on when we might see this feature and what it might pertain to?
Tom Chilton wrote:We will probably see it in the 5.4 neighborhood if we are able to get it done in time. As far as hints a lot of players in the past have suggested that they be able to do older content so it’s probably something that goes along those lines.

(Source)

So level scaling? We know they kinda have the tech already, at least for gear.

My gut reaction is "meh".
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Darielle » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:57 am

econ21 wrote:I've been reading up on the first boss of the new raid (Jin'rokh). It sounds like a non-trivial dps check - for 10N, some calculate you need about 120k dps each dps player including the 40% buff you periodically get from the water sometimes, so maybe 100k dps without it. My guild is quite away off that (ilevel is typically 485-490ish) but I am wondering what is the best fight in the current tier to assess dps? i.e. to check when we have the 100k dps or so?

I guess the easiest thing is just to periodically try the Jin'rokh fight itself. But is there a current fight we could look without too much distortion from damage buffs or downtime when people can't dps? I guess the first three in MSV might qualify? The dps seem pretty free to go all out on them.

One thing to bear in mind that on the PTR, they just use the blanket amount that they put people's gear scaled up to. The dps check might just not be as hard when the encounter is actually live.
Darielle

Postby econ21 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:01 am

Last night my guild was only averaged 53k dps per dpser on the two bosses up to Garalon (took the whole evening too; second time we've done them). So there's quite a distance between the first boss of the new tier being open to those working on Garalon and it requiring 80k dps.
econ21

Postby Darielle » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:13 am

econ21 wrote:Last night my guild was only averaged 53k dps per dpser on the two bosses up to Garalon (took the whole evening too; second time we've done them). So there's quite a distance between the first boss of the new tier being open to those working on Garalon and it requiring 80k dps.

DPS buff, easy and quick gear upgrades as soon as the patch goes live.
Darielle

Postby Promdates » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 am

Sagara wrote:DOOOOOOOOOOM!

I read this, and all I could think of was this scene from Cannibal the Musical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzHJ_IorlwQ
Promdates

Postby halabar » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Newsom wrote:Lots of interviews went up yesterday on various fansites.

BlizzPlanet wrote:Ghostcrawler hinted at an unannounced feature in this expansion that is going to really change how WoW is going to be played, much like the LFR feature – can we get a hint on when we might see this feature and what it might pertain to?
Tom Chilton wrote:We will probably see it in the 5.4 neighborhood if we are able to get it done in time. As far as hints a lot of players in the past have suggested that they be able to do older content so it’s probably something that goes along those lines.

(Source)

So level scaling? We know they kinda have the tech already, at least for gear.

My gut reaction is "meh".

If tech to run old content at level is their big surprise, that's the best sign yet that this game is on its way out, and also that they are really out of touch with the players.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:10 am

What about Mentoring though.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:26 am

Worldie wrote:What about Mentoring though.

Yeah, that's a high demand ability that all the players have been asking for.. :wink:

I could see about 5% of the playerbase using this. What would be even worse is if they enforce it, thus killing Tmog runs.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Lieris » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:46 am

The trailer for 5.2 really restored my faith in the developers. I still don't care too much for the way they implemented the pandas but a troll instance, with completely new models (you have no idea how much this means to me) and an Algalon type boss at the end? Well I think that's bloody brilliant! None of this upgrading gear with valour either which IMO was a horrible idea that I am sure many will be glad to see the back of.

Now they just need to let me grind rep doing the one thing I enjoy (dungeons) and bring back cauldrons/feasts. 8)

As for scaling old content, I have absolutely no interest and I say this as someone who did A LOT of old content in the past. I don't like the way they continue to reheat yesterday's content and serve it up as new; it's a waste of resources. The expansion only has 8 dungeons and yet they are wasting their time with this.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General