Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Nakama » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Worldie wrote:Mmm the link is not working for me >.<

Right now I found interesting the 2nd starter set DKs get, the blue one. Almost noone uses it (I swear I never seen someone with that set since when tmog got introduced) and looks great. What do you think of it?
Image

Sadly right now I don't have any weapon to match it, mainly cause I change weapon quite often between quest rewards anyway.


Personally I love that set. My DK project on Scarlet Crusade-US is wearing all of her heirlooms t-mogged into that set.

--Jed
User avatar
Nakama
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:15 am

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:48 am

Worldie wrote:Mmm the link is not working for me >.<

Right now I found interesting the 2nd starter set DKs get, the blue one. Almost noone uses it (I swear I never seen someone with that set since when tmog got introduced) and looks great. What do you think of it?
Image

Sadly right now I don't have any weapon to match it, mainly cause I change weapon quite often between quest rewards anyway.


seeing that set quite a lot actually (been using it myself since introduction of mogging for my offspec gear). you can also buy a matching axe from the dk-starter-gear vendor.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Nooska » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:01 am

I used the initial DK set simply because the current dungeon tank set looks too much like the blue DK set and too may dks using it.

As for weapon, you can buy the blue start weapons in acherus for ap ittance, and they match (and the axe looks pretty bad-*ss imo.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Shoju » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:16 am

Let's try it without the url tags. It hiccuped on me as well, but I was able to refresh it a couple of times and it worked.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=40 ... .-18;40590

Basically, the set that I linked you, is the ice blue set from Naxx 25 that is the same model as that. I also swapped out the shoulders, because I don't care for them, but if you like the shoulders, the bosses you would need to kill for the ice blue set (which, would make you look like a pale shade of death) is:

Head: Either Goggles or go home
Shoulders: Furious Gladiator's Dreadplate, or for the Recolor of yours Maly 25m
Chest: Heigan / Gluth 25m
Bracers: Dalaran Justice Qmaster - Healing Bracers
Gloves: Razuvious / Gluth 25m
Belt: Sarth 25m
Legs: Sapphiron 25m
Boots: Malygos 25m

For weapons, I went with stuff that I thought looked awesome.

Brutal Glad Cleavers look great
Crystal Sword is a green, check AH
Silver-Edged Axe - A simple looking, but rarely seen 2h'd Axe Model - Green, Check Ah, or farm Nag or higher Outland Zones.
10m HC Ramaldani from ICC - The axe looks pretty good, and is probably easier to get than the silver Edged Axe. My entire time hunting for mog stuff, I never saw one. I had one on an old DK though.
2h'd Sword - Abaddon from Yogg 10m. Looks killer
2h'd mace - Demise, ICC10m

I love the textures of the set, but the shoulders are just very "meh" to me. But if you like the look, I would highly consider getting the ice blue re-color from T7 25m. It's a great looking set.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:54 am

Thanks for the input Shoju, is that stuff soloable by a 90 blood dk?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8704
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby culhag » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Sagara wrote:Question time! I'm trying to find a decent shield to go with the white T14 - it's just too cool to be passed up. So far, I've come up empty.

I've been using the Drillborer Disk with the T14. It's not a perfect match but it fits pretty well.

For my weapon I was using the Elementium-Edged Scalper which goes very well with the white T14. (actually, I initially planned to use it with the black T7 (it's a PERFECT match) but Naxx refuses to give me the full set :( )
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 pm

culhag wrote:
Sagara wrote:Question time! I'm trying to find a decent shield to go with the white T14 - it's just too cool to be passed up. So far, I've come up empty.

I've been using the Drillborer Disk with the T14. It's not a perfect match but it fits pretty well.

For my weapon I was using the Elementium-Edged Scalper which goes very well with the white T14. (actually, I initially planned to use it with the black T7 (it's a PERFECT match) but Naxx refuses to give me the full set :( )


Ouh, nice find! *checks drop location* Molten... Core... :roll: For the love of... Hadn't I farmed the place enough for Thunderfury? :cry:

Also saw a mention of the Shield of the Mists it's a few shades paler, but the colors scheme is close as well.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Shoju » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:23 am

Worldie wrote:Thanks for the input Shoju, is that stuff soloable by a 90 blood dk?



Well, Here is what I can tell you.

Heigan? Yes. It's all about the dance. Do the dance, Collect the lewtz. He was soloable at 85. It was a long solo at 85 on 25m, but it was doable.

Maly? Is there still a "gear escalator" on the dragons? The hardest part of this is going to be getting him into phase 3 before he enrages. Once you reach Phase 3, You can survive the enrage indefinitely, as long as you can dodge his attacks. Just remember to keep the dragon healed.

Sapphiron? Soloable at 85. Try not to fall asleep

Sarth? The question for this will come down to if the fixes to make more content soloable effected the Mini boss on the right with their "makin' it more soloable" patch a few back. If you can kill him solo now (he would despawn when you entered the portal to kill the one in there making him immune), then yes. Sarth is soloable. If they didn't address this, you will need someone to just stand there and facetank that miniboss until you get the guy inside dead. Pets don't count for DK's. They will follow you inside.

Razuvious.... Man, he hit's like a truck. You will NEED to time your cooldowns. You might have to destroy his adds first. Not sure. The hardest part I would imagine on 25m, is just getting the fight to a point where you are stable, and able to keep blood shield up as much as possible. I was able to solo him on 10m in FL gear without much trouble, and I didn't kill the adds until the end. Once I got into DS gear, and had my mastery stacked to the ceiling, he was a joke. But, that's 10m. I'm not sure how hard 25m would be at 90. Unbalancing strike hit's like a truck, and will allow him to crit you for 6 seconds afterwards. his shouts are minimal, ~8k on one, Jagged Knife doesn't hurt much anymore. Jagged Knife should tickle.

If it were me, I would run in, Drop Army of the Dead, and get to town on dropping the Death Knight Understudies. Preferably without the taunt glyph, as they are only level 82, and can be taunted. This will help with the damage while you are getting them down. Burn through them, and then get going on Razuvious. When he hits you with Unbalancing strike, run Cooldowns. I seem to remember that on 25m, his unbalancing strike hit for ~200k on understudies, and then after that his crit chance goes up for 6 seconds. At 90, you should surivive the strike, but then run the CD's, and be prepared with Self Heals just to make sure afterwards.

All this could be for naught, He could be a big pansy at 90.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 am

Malygos (10 and 25) is a joke at 90. Go in as dps and you'll never see the enrage.

And I'm pretty convinced Sarth 25 +3 will be soloable by higher-armor dps by the end of this expansion.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4839
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby culhag » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:40 am

Shoju wrote:Maly? Is there still a "gear escalator" on the dragons? The hardest part of this is going to be getting him into phase 3 before he enrages. Once you reach Phase 3, You can survive the enrage indefinitely, as long as you can dodge his attacks. Just remember to keep the dragon healed.

Sorry for getting off-topic, but what's the trick for P3 ? Getting there isn't a problem, but I was getting destroyed by his beam. I couldn't keep my drake up, let alone dps Malygos...
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 am

Stack up 5x the heal (3) immediately, then use 1,1,2,3 for the rest of the fight, as fast as your energy allows. Your health won't drop below 90%.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4839
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby culhag » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks! it worked like a charm!
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Stubblerump » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:55 pm

My warlocks raid and PVP mogs:
Image
I really like the gold set. :)
Image
My evil PVP set with dual hot iron pokers.
Stubblerump
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: Joint Base Lewis McChord

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Stubblerump » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:57 pm

My Sunwell Tank/Ret sets:
ImageImage
Stubblerump
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: Joint Base Lewis McChord

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Stubblerump » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:59 pm

My Shaman set:
Image
Stubblerump
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: Joint Base Lewis McChord

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:17 am

I am officially PO'd.

Blizz didn't upgrade the models on the honor gear, so the S13 set that I wanted is now impossible for me to get (not farming that much Conquest).

crap.

back to the tmog drawing board.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 am

Mantid Sky Reaver is a solid looking sword.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Flex wrote:Mantid Sky Reaver is a solid looking sword.


I'm waiting to see what color of the gun is being used. If it's the green, I'll skip it. If it's actually the gold-red one, I might build a tmog set around that.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Daeva001 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:22 pm

I got the Sonic Pulse Generator this afternoon, it's the dark green model.
Daeva001
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:09 am

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:14 pm

halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:Mantid Sky Reaver is a solid looking sword.


I'm waiting to see what color of the gun is being used. If it's the green, I'll skip it. If it's actually the gold-red one, I might build a tmog set around that.


the muzzle flash is a sonic pulse, so it is pretty unique that way
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:51 pm

halabar wrote:If it's actually the gold-red one, I might build a tmog set around that.

Flex wrote:the muzzle flash is a sonic pulse, so it is pretty unique that way

New Marvel/Blizzard crossover? Go go Iron Dwarf!
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
halabar wrote:If it's actually the gold-red one, I might build a tmog set around that.

Flex wrote:the muzzle flash is a sonic pulse, so it is pretty unique that way

New Marvel/Blizzard crossover? Go go Iron Dwarf!


Daeva001 wrote:I got the Sonic Pulse Generator this afternoon, it's the dark green model.


Except I don't think there's any decent mail gear that works with that green gun, dammit. I was hoping on using the spikey gold shaman shoulders from BT, as that would have worked perfectly, but now.. green.. dammit...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Newsom » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 am

Now I can finally tank with a mace!

Image
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Invisusira » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:46 am

so much... matching.... gear...

Image
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 5848
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 am

That's one of the most well done transmogs i've ever seen.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8704
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest