Remove Advertisements

[25 HC] Sha of fear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[25 HC] Sha of fear

Postby samsara » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Hello :)

we are having a few difficulties with this mob.

At the moment we run into a little wall at around 30-35%. Even if we make it to phase 2 without dead ppl our tanks (me, monk, 2 warriors) are dying random death.
Mostly on Dread Thrash or a following hit, i even died 2 times with big cooldown active.

I thought about reforging and gemming into mastery but i'm not sure if it is smart to trade 10% haste into 5% mastery.

Any tipps or weakauras which helped you to survive it?
samsara

Re: [25 HC] Sha of fear

Postby Darielle » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:33 pm

What kind of cooldown plan do you have?

Using both ShoR and GoAK should absolutely ensure you cannot die, as long as you are topped off.
Having only GoAK up is most likely not enough if you take every hit on a Dread Thrash - so the question is on whether you did have both up.

Your healers should be prepped, aware of the swing timer and having heals in the air to land on you the instant the Thrash swing happens.

You should post logs and snippets that monitor your cooldown plan. Ensure externals are used if necessary. Be prepared with resources, etc. The typical reason for tank death is usually a momentary lapse in Rage/HP etc. management or timing, or not using cooldowns appropriately. You should not have to Reforge, but you can - the dps loss is of minimal effect in the context of the fight.
Darielle

Postby samsara » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:52 am

yep, i think it was GoAK withouth enough HP for ShotR which caused a few death on my side.

We messed up the logs somehow and it was our first night progressing in p2.
It's not a big problem to request cooldowns and as we use 4 tanks we mostly have our own cooldowns ready, the problem at the moment is more to determine when the strikes are comming, maybe i'm to stupid to read my timers but as far as i understand the dread trash is on a shared cooldown so it's quite hard to know when i need the cooldown up and of course have enough HP to survive it.

CD Plan is more or less fluid at the moment as we had a few tankdeath but i try to have at least one cooldown (Ardent Defender, Glyphed Divine Protection, Guardian of Ancient Kings, Holy Avenger with Mastery Trinket Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage) to be up and running and pray for enough holy power for an additional ShotR (except for the HA time where i have only ShotR up).

Do you use a Haste/Control-Set for this fight or the mastery version?
samsara

Postby Syyllinen » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:38 am

samsara wrote: as far as i understand the dread trash is on a shared cooldown so it's quite hard to know when i need the cooldown up and of course have enough HP to survive it.

Do you use a Haste/Control-Set for this fight or the mastery version?

Every fourth Thrash is a Dread Thrash so anticipating it shouldn't be a problem, the boss also gains a different buff when Dread Thrash is up. I progressed the fight with my regular haste/control set with the exception of trinkets. I switched DPS trinkets to HC Stuff of Nightmares and 489 MSV trash stamina trinket. On the first few phase 2 pulls I noticed that I sometimes got overkilled by a few thousand HP, so the stamina trinket really did the trick there.
But overall I prefer haste over mastery on HC Sha, because of the way the boss behaves. I'm sure you noticed that sometimes Thrash / Dread Thrash got delayed like hell and you ended up without ShoR buff up and got destroyed. You'll just have to be on your toes and really keep an eye on your ShoR buff and use CDs accordingly. Having AD up pretty much guarantees your survival, but I always checked that I had a) ShoR up and b) Glyphed DP up just to be absolutely safe. If you have to take a Dread Thrash with Guardian you'll want to have DP + ShoR up. Regular Thrashes are a joke with a paladin tank, just make sure you got ShoR up and you won't need anything else.
Syyllinen

Postby Darielle » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:48 am

It's not a big problem to request cooldowns and as we use 4 tanks we mostly have our own cooldowns ready, the problem at the moment is more to determine when the strikes are comming, maybe i'm to stupid to read my timers but as far as i understand the dread trash is on a shared cooldown so it's quite hard to know when i need the cooldown up and of course have enough HP to survive it.

Every Fourth attack is a Thrash. In P2, every Fourth Thrash is a Dread Thrash. If you're keeping HP around the Thrashes, you should be completely fine to have it up for the Dread Thrashes as well, just pop your cooldowns on top of that there.
Darielle

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)