Remove Advertisements

[10H] Blade Lord Tayak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Blade Lord Tayak

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm not gonna say our way is the best, but we look at the room like a clock with where he is initially being 12, the hallway to the right being 3, the door you come in at being 6 and the other hallway being 9. We pull with the boss staying at 12 and all the range dps 'should' be up on the platform before him spread out to keep windstep from being a problem. Once enough tornadoes flood the area, we move to 3, and so on and so on.

In terms of cleave...the person with it, runs to melee / a direction that faces no tornadoes. This movement should last no longer than a few seconds and everyone needs to be conscious of this. So when he actually hits the person, everyone is flung away from tornadoes.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:57 am

You seem to be using heroism 3 minutes into the fight, which seems a particularly random time to use it. Why not use it on the pull to shorten phase 1 as much as possible?

As far as positioning we use pretty much what Fenrir describes. Tornadoes shouldn't be an issue if your ranged and healers are disciplined about staying out of the middle and keep a decent distance from the boss. They should move closer just before blade tempest and unseen strike - if you haven't noticed, on heroic when unseen strike cooldown is up he will pretty much always do a tempest slash first - we watch for the tempest slash animation and run in and stack immediately after it's gone out.
Rhiannon

Postby Darielle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:15 am

We just take him to the Left side on the pull and run a straight channel ~10 yards down the center of the room every 3 or so Tempest Slashes. We usually barely make it to the Right side of the room before the 20%.
Darielle

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 am

Yea, just like Rhiannon says, def pop blust at the start of the fight, it's really the only stable time of the fight and it's when all trinkets and CDs can be used reliably.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:40 am

I don't think I've seen anyone else mention this before, so I'll mention it:

The way we handle phase 1 is pretty simple. We tank the boss roughly where he spawns (down the stairs, to be exact). Ranged are positioned to his left and right, spread out. Healers and ranged are instructed to never get in front of the boss -- always to the side. This causes tornadoes to always spawn to the sides, never in front of the boss. We pull him along the center of the room towards the entrance and ranged/heals adjust their positions accordingly. He always transitions to phase 2 before we get to the door/run out of room.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because moving him to the long hallways is just more time spent moving and not maximizing DPS. If you have the DPS to kill the boss, you've probably got the DPS to tank him in a straight line from where he spawns without running out of room.

Also, we face the entrance of the room during Unseen Strikes. This usually results in us getting knocked towards the entrance. Since we never drop tornadoes in front of the boss, this means that Unseen Strike never knocks us into tornadoes.
Belloc

Postby Fenris » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Fenrìr wrote:I'm not gonna say our way is the best, but we look at the room like a clock with where he is initially being 12, the hallway to the right being 3, the door you come in at being 6 and the other hallway being 9. We pull with the boss staying at 12 and all the range dps 'should' be up on the platform before him spread out to keep windstep from being a problem. Once enough tornadoes flood the area, we move to 3, and so on and so on.

In terms of cleave...the person with it, runs to melee / a direction that faces no tornadoes. This movement should last no longer than a few seconds and everyone needs to be conscious of this. So when he actually hits the person, everyone is flung away from tornadoes.

That's basically the way we do it

Still,people gets thrown in every direction at random,even when facing the right way
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Chronos » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Belloc wrote:I don't think I've seen anyone else mention this before, so I'll mention it:

The way we handle phase 1 is pretty simple. We tank the boss roughly where he spawns (down the stairs, to be exact). Ranged are positioned to his left and right, spread out. Healers and ranged are instructed to never get in front of the boss -- always to the side. This causes tornadoes to always spawn to the sides, never in front of the boss. We pull him along the center of the room towards the entrance and ranged/heals adjust their positions accordingly. He always transitions to phase 2 before we get to the door/run out of room.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because moving him to the long hallways is just more time spent moving and not maximizing DPS. If you have the DPS to kill the boss, you've probably got the DPS to tank him in a straight line from where he spawns without running out of room.

Also, we face the entrance of the room during Unseen Strikes. This usually results in us getting knocked towards the entrance. Since we never drop tornadoes in front of the boss, this means that Unseen Strike never knocks us into tornadoes.

This is how we do it, too. Mark a tank, when unseen strike goes off, he backpeddles 5 yards and that's our stack point. Never a wonky direction of the strike with that positioning unless the person targeted messes up, and the stack point feels like it's always in the same spot (relative to the boss). The direction you're facing doesn't matter, the strike's direction goes from his cloaked position towards your unseen strike'd target when they're rooted. So 5 yards away from his vanish point, and he's always striking towards the entrance with our strat.
Chronos

Postby Fenris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:57 pm

From wipe in p1 to kill with 20+ seconds to spare :roll:

All that mattered was understanding that he was cleaving at random because we were stacking too close to his hitbox :roll:

1 Month completly wasted for nothing Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)