All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Post Your Interface

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 am

rebuilt UI:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22 ... 01532.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/70 ... 31545.jpg/

used addons:
Shadowed Unitframes (all but raidframes)
Raven (buffbars)
Grid (with a number of plugins, like raiddebuff, corner-/sideicons, dungeonrole, cornertext)
Bazooka (statblock bar)
kgpanels (backgrounds, just some gradients for the moment)
Weakauras
Quartz (castbar)
Pocketplot (minimap)
Bartender4
Masque(renaitre square skin)
Eavesdrop (combatlog)
Skada (a damage/healing- and a more noticeable threat window)
Bigwigs
Prat (chat)
MSBT (still needs some work)
Tidy Plates/Threat Plates
moveanything
Tiptac (tooltip)
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby arlen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 am

JoeBravo wrote:rebuilt UI:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22 ... 01532.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/70 ... 31545.jpg/

used addons:
Shadowed Unitframes (all but raidframes)
Raven (buffbars)
Grid (with a number of plugins, like raiddebuff, corner-/sideicons, dungeonrole, cornertext)
Bazooka (statblock bar)
kgpanels (backgrounds, just some gradients for the moment)
Weakauras
Quartz (castbar)
Pocketplot (minimap)
Bartender4
Masque(renaitre square skin)
Eavesdrop (combatlog)
Skada (a damage/healing- and a more noticeable threat window)
Bigwigs
Prat (chat)
MSBT (still needs some work)
Tidy Plates/Threat Plates
moveanything
Tiptac (tooltip)

Any chance you'd be interested in uploading your ui? Really like the way you have grid setup/looking.
arlen

Postby Schroom » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:29 am

here's mine

ToDO:

• get the minibuttons out of the minimap
  • get Hermes more to the left and bether integrated into the rest of the UI
  • get satrina buffs a little bit closer together
Schroom

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:39 am

arlen wrote:quote]

Any chance you'd be interested in uploading your ui? Really like the way you have grid setup/looking.

I'll see what I can do after I'm done with further tweaking it.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby ramboschox » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:53 am

Schroom wrote:[...]
ToDO:

• get the minibuttons out of the minimap
  • get Hermes more to the left and bether integrated into the rest of the UI
  • get satrina buffs a little bit closer together

continue the list:
finally remove all the dpsnumbers. We are hit capped, we are expertise capped. We know, that all our hits will connect. What benefit does your UI givce you by showing all those little numbers ("lmao, I just critted for over 9.000?!"). In the best case you can simply ignore ´em. Maybe somtimes it´s useful for us Tanks to see the green numbers, but in the worst case DPS Numbers and Heals displayed will cause attention deficits.
I disabled them once, and did not ever miss them at all.
Information overload is one of the main reasons why people oversse the DBM timers, don´t listen to raid announcements and get a tunnel view - they simply must have the tunnel view due to too many informations at the same time, otherwise decision quality is going down. That defers in different grades, but the basics are the same to all people, some just can process more at the same time then others, but the gist of the matter stays.
Hopefully my german-english grammar isn´t killing the point I wanted to show :-(
And maybe I am missing a point and the numbers might have some value (that put on the scale outweights the overload?)

See also: Speier, Cheri; Valacich, Jospeh. Vessey, Iris (1999). The Influence of Task Interruption on Individual Decision Making: An Information Overload Perspective
I WONT STOP YELLING CUZ THATS GONNA MEAN I LOST THE FIGHT

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/e ... s/advanced
ramboschox

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:24 am

I find Blizzard's default floating combat text useful because it pops up roughly over the head of the affected mob. So I can tell if I still have something ticking on a mob that should be left alone, for example.

It also makes it much more obvious when you get an "Immune" for whatever reason (attempted to stun, root, etc, or taunt went on DR, or if you try to attack an add your Warlock just banished on Lei Shi), or a "Deflect" (accidentally attacking from the wrong side on Emperor's Courage or Sha adds (in my case it generally lets me know I dropped my totem on the wrong side)).

Or if there's some effect reducing damage, and the numbers are suddenly all small (see for example trash in BoT (Cata) which could only take 1 damage from hits under 10k).

In other words, floating combat text makes it easier to notice when things aren't working.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby ramboschox » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:19 am

KysenMurrin wrote:In other words, floating combat text makes it easier to notice when things aren't working.

as an advise for my own interface, enabling these "going wrong" messages could provide me with important additional information.
Thanks for pointing that out. Deflect and immune are probably the most important ones. Any other messages that provides information which otherwise will be missed?
I WONT STOP YELLING CUZ THATS GONNA MEAN I LOST THE FIGHT

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/e ... s/advanced
ramboschox

Postby Magnilda » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:22 pm

ramboschox wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:In other words, floating combat text makes it easier to notice when things aren't working.

as an advise for my own interface, enabling these "going wrong" messages could provide me with important additional information.
Thanks for pointing that out. Deflect and immune are probably the most important ones. Any other messages that provides information which otherwise will be missed?

On my combat text I don't display the damage I do but I do have it showing... Absorbs, Blocks, Deflects, Dodges, Evades, Immunes, Misses, Parries, Reflects, & Resists.
Magnilda

Postby Dael » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 pm

My UI is mostly WeakAuras, Bartender, Mik's Scrolling Battle Text and Pitbull, other than that I've got Grid, TidyPlates, Recount, Hermes (usually displayed on the left-hand side between Grid and Recount) and sexymap.

I've got a lot of WeakAuras, some for things such as reminding to refresh Weakened Blows and Sacred Shield but mostly for my own cooldowns, other class buffs and raid cooldowns (such as Pain Suppression, Ironbark, Spirit Link etc).

Still to do?

Probably sorting my buff display out, other than moving it a bit I'm not particularly unhappy with it.
Dael, tanking since the warriors couldn't be bothered to do it in Hyjal.
Dael

Postby Matrox » Tue May 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Playing on tomato.

Still looking for new PC :(
Matrox

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros