Remove Advertisements

[10N] Garalon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Garalon

Postby Darielle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended. We are currently implementing a hotfix, which should take effect after realms are restarted, that will cause these abilities to do normal damage to the body while continuing to do double damage to the legs.

That's a different phenomenon. What was happening there was that an ability meant to hit multiple targets was only calculating on the initial, instead of counting as two separate swings that calculated separately. Whereas something that actually goes based off of your damage done should remain amplified.

Similarly, you'll get more healing out of stuff like Ancestral Guidance or Soul Leech and those types of effects.
Darielle

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Ah, I stand corrected. Thanks. What abilities calculate like that?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm 75% sure sure Ignite/Combustion still do - I don't think the Amber Shaper fix would have ruined that mechanic, not sure if Havoc translates as a copy the damage from the spell or a cast a second spell logic.
Darielle

Postby econ21 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 am

I'm hoping to try this for the first time on tomorrow. Reading posts about the fight, there are obviously many permutations that can work but my impression is that for learning the fight, it might be best to have our four ranged kite? That would leave the 2 healers free to heal[1]. My impression is that having the tanks kite would sacrifice more dps than having the ranged (likely 2 hunters, 1 warlock or SP, 1 boomkin) do so. Is that kind of set up a sensible startegy to start with?

I've read people talk of using 2 melee to soak but if the furious strikes hit for 300k and can crit, that sounds like an advanced strategy that a slowly progressing guild is best avoiding. EDIT: Um, looks like it the damage would be split between the two soakers, so it's really 150k - that's more manageable for a plate dps.

[1]The idea of having a healer be the initial kiter sounds good, to make most use of a bloodlust on the pull.
econ21

Postby Finkum » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:25 pm

If you are 2-healing, I highly recommend that you have 5 people in the kite rotation (each taking ~15 stacks). With just 4 people you need to go up to 20 stacks and your healers will probably struggle to keep everyone up. Tank DPS output on this fight is comparatively low (no boss melee and only low aura damage if Pheromones is handled correctly = piddly Vengeance) so sticking one tank in the kite rotation is generally fine.
Finkum

Postby Chronos » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:22 pm

econ21 wrote:I'm hoping to try this for the first time on tomorrow. Reading posts about the fight, there are obviously many permutations that can work but my impression is that for learning the fight, it might be best to have our four ranged kite? That would leave the 2 healers free to heal[1]. My impression is that having the tanks kite would sacrifice more dps than having the ranged (likely 2 hunters, 1 warlock or SP, 1 boomkin) do so. Is that kind of set up a sensible startegy to start with?

I've read people talk of using 2 melee to soak but if the furious strikes hit for 300k and can crit, that sounds like an advanced strategy that a slowly progressing guild is best avoiding. EDIT: Um, looks like it the damage would be split between the two soakers, so it's really 150k - that's more manageable for a plate dps.

[1]The idea of having a healer be the initial kiter sounds good, to make most use of a bloodlust on the pull.

It's not split (or the whole raid would stand there and you wouldn't need any tanks). 5 in the rotation = agreed.
If tanks can kite while soaking cleaves, do that for sure. They do crap for dps. Makes for an odd staggered pool placement but you have tons of room. If you go three heals then have a tank go melee and soak cleaves and dps defensively.
Chronos

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)