Remove Advertisements

Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:36 am

Worldie wrote:Looking for suggestions for a female draenei DK set (*poke Shoju*).

Right now I'm tempted to go for T10 since it's both easy to obtain and good looking, but maybe you guys know something more interesting? Except stuff that would require Cata content, don't have the patience to do tmog runs that i can't solo-duo.

And no for once I don't want to go for the plate bikini but rather something, you know, DKish. No, the starter set is too abused, I like to distinguish myself from the mass.

I've always enjoyed the Dark Iron set for female plate wearers, there's a BC lookalike green set
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby JoeBravo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 am

'pimp' set of a guildie that doesn't make me cringe:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Sagara » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:35 am

I just heard Smooth Criminal playing.

Question time! I'm trying to find a decent shield to go with the white T14 - it's just too cool to be passed up. So far, I've come up empty.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Shoju » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Worldie wrote:Looking for suggestions for a female draenei DK set (*poke Shoju*).

Right now I'm tempted to go for T10 since it's both easy to obtain and good looking, but maybe you guys know something more interesting? Except stuff that would require Cata content, don't have the patience to do tmog runs that i can't solo-duo.

And no for once I don't want to go for the plate bikini but rather something, you know, DKish. No, the starter set is too abused, I like to distinguish myself from the mass.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

This is what I would do

It's also a set that I had always wanted to put together. It's pretty standard. The Ice Blue Recolor of the Quest Reward Set, found in ICC25. I did swap out the shoulders, but left the others on the page so that you could compare. It's an awesome color, it's a "Dk" style set, and it's not something that you're going to see on every little kiddie with a WoW account.

If you aren't an ENG, I would go sans helmet. The Saronite helm looks awful, and try as hard as I can, I can't find a helm that looks good, and will match colorwise. The closest I found was the Ulduar Paladin Recolor Helm, but it doesn't look like the colors will match in game. You could check, if you like the set, but I'm not sure.

I also picked out some weapons that I liked. The dual axes are probably my favorite, Followed by Abaddon for a 2h'd build.
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Mmm the link is not working for me >.<

Right now I found interesting the 2nd starter set DKs get, the blue one. Almost noone uses it (I swear I never seen someone with that set since when tmog got introduced) and looks great. What do you think of it?

Sadly right now I don't have any weapon to match it, mainly cause I change weapon quite often between quest rewards anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nakama » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Worldie wrote:Mmm the link is not working for me >.<

Right now I found interesting the 2nd starter set DKs get, the blue one. Almost noone uses it (I swear I never seen someone with that set since when tmog got introduced) and looks great. What do you think of it?

Sadly right now I don't have any weapon to match it, mainly cause I change weapon quite often between quest rewards anyway.

Personally I love that set. My DK project on Scarlet Crusade-US is wearing all of her heirlooms t-mogged into that set.

--Jed
Nakama

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:48 am

Worldie wrote:Mmm the link is not working for me >.<

seeing that set quite a lot actually (been using it myself since introduction of mogging for my offspec gear). you can also buy a matching axe from the dk-starter-gear vendor.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Nooska » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:01 am

I used the initial DK set simply because the current dungeon tank set looks too much like the blue DK set and too may dks using it.

As for weapon, you can buy the blue start weapons in acherus for ap ittance, and they match (and the axe looks pretty bad-*ss imo.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Shoju » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:16 am

Let's try it without the url tags. It hiccuped on me as well, but I was able to refresh it a couple of times and it worked.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=40 ... .-18;40590

Basically, the set that I linked you, is the ice blue set from Naxx 25 that is the same model as that. I also swapped out the shoulders, because I don't care for them, but if you like the shoulders, the bosses you would need to kill for the ice blue set (which, would make you look like a pale shade of death) is:

Head: Either Goggles or go home
Shoulders: Furious Gladiator's Dreadplate, or for the Recolor of yours Maly 25m
Chest: Heigan / Gluth 25m
Bracers: Dalaran Justice Qmaster - Healing Bracers
Gloves: Razuvious / Gluth 25m
Belt: Sarth 25m
Legs: Sapphiron 25m
Boots: Malygos 25m

For weapons, I went with stuff that I thought looked awesome.

Brutal Glad Cleavers look great
Crystal Sword is a green, check AH
Silver-Edged Axe - A simple looking, but rarely seen 2h'd Axe Model - Green, Check Ah, or farm Nag or higher Outland Zones.
10m HC Ramaldani from ICC - The axe looks pretty good, and is probably easier to get than the silver Edged Axe. My entire time hunting for mog stuff, I never saw one. I had one on an old DK though.
2h'd Sword - Abaddon from Yogg 10m. Looks killer
2h'd mace - Demise, ICC10m

I love the textures of the set, but the shoulders are just very "meh" to me. But if you like the look, I would highly consider getting the ice blue re-color from T7 25m. It's a great looking set.
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:54 am

Thanks for the input Shoju, is that stuff soloable by a 90 blood dk?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby culhag » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Sagara wrote:Question time! I'm trying to find a decent shield to go with the white T14 - it's just too cool to be passed up. So far, I've come up empty.

I've been using the Drillborer Disk with the T14. It's not a perfect match but it fits pretty well.

For my weapon I was using the Elementium-Edged Scalper which goes very well with the white T14. (actually, I initially planned to use it with the black T7 (it's a PERFECT match) but Naxx refuses to give me the full set :( )
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 pm

culhag wrote:
Sagara wrote:Question time! I'm trying to find a decent shield to go with the white T14 - it's just too cool to be passed up. So far, I've come up empty.

I've been using the Drillborer Disk with the T14. It's not a perfect match but it fits pretty well.

For my weapon I was using the Elementium-Edged Scalper which goes very well with the white T14. (actually, I initially planned to use it with the black T7 (it's a PERFECT match) but Naxx refuses to give me the full set :( )

Ouh, nice find! *checks drop location* Molten... Core... :roll: For the love of... Hadn't I farmed the place enough for Thunderfury? :cry:

Also saw a mention of the Shield of the Mists it's a few shades paler, but the colors scheme is close as well.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Shoju » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:23 am

Worldie wrote:Thanks for the input Shoju, is that stuff soloable by a 90 blood dk?

Well, Here is what I can tell you.

Heigan? Yes. It's all about the dance. Do the dance, Collect the lewtz. He was soloable at 85. It was a long solo at 85 on 25m, but it was doable.

Maly? Is there still a "gear escalator" on the dragons? The hardest part of this is going to be getting him into phase 3 before he enrages. Once you reach Phase 3, You can survive the enrage indefinitely, as long as you can dodge his attacks. Just remember to keep the dragon healed.

Sapphiron? Soloable at 85. Try not to fall asleep

Sarth? The question for this will come down to if the fixes to make more content soloable effected the Mini boss on the right with their "makin' it more soloable" patch a few back. If you can kill him solo now (he would despawn when you entered the portal to kill the one in there making him immune), then yes. Sarth is soloable. If they didn't address this, you will need someone to just stand there and facetank that miniboss until you get the guy inside dead. Pets don't count for DK's. They will follow you inside.

Razuvious.... Man, he hit's like a truck. You will NEED to time your cooldowns. You might have to destroy his adds first. Not sure. The hardest part I would imagine on 25m, is just getting the fight to a point where you are stable, and able to keep blood shield up as much as possible. I was able to solo him on 10m in FL gear without much trouble, and I didn't kill the adds until the end. Once I got into DS gear, and had my mastery stacked to the ceiling, he was a joke. But, that's 10m. I'm not sure how hard 25m would be at 90. Unbalancing strike hit's like a truck, and will allow him to crit you for 6 seconds afterwards. his shouts are minimal, ~8k on one, Jagged Knife doesn't hurt much anymore. Jagged Knife should tickle.

If it were me, I would run in, Drop Army of the Dead, and get to town on dropping the Death Knight Understudies. Preferably without the taunt glyph, as they are only level 82, and can be taunted. This will help with the damage while you are getting them down. Burn through them, and then get going on Razuvious. When he hits you with Unbalancing strike, run Cooldowns. I seem to remember that on 25m, his unbalancing strike hit for ~200k on understudies, and then after that his crit chance goes up for 6 seconds. At 90, you should surivive the strike, but then run the CD's, and be prepared with Self Heals just to make sure afterwards.

All this could be for naught, He could be a big pansy at 90.
Shoju

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 am

Malygos (10 and 25) is a joke at 90. Go in as dps and you'll never see the enrage.

And I'm pretty convinced Sarth 25 +3 will be soloable by higher-armor dps by the end of this expansion.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby culhag » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:40 am

Shoju wrote:Maly? Is there still a "gear escalator" on the dragons? The hardest part of this is going to be getting him into phase 3 before he enrages. Once you reach Phase 3, You can survive the enrage indefinitely, as long as you can dodge his attacks. Just remember to keep the dragon healed.

Sorry for getting off-topic, but what's the trick for P3 ? Getting there isn't a problem, but I was getting destroyed by his beam. I couldn't keep my drake up, let alone dps Malygos...
culhag
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General