Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 am

But his circular aoe (the one where he shoots fireballs all around him) seembs to hit me anyway even if i avoid the graphic...

So you say, just pop the idra near him and slowly kite him around while avoiding edges?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Epimer » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:48 am

It is avoidable, but it can clip you when you think you're safe (presumably because of lag and the effect being bigger than the graphic). Obviously it's easier to avoid the further away from him you are.

When I killed him on my WD I spent most of the fight with him not even on my screen. At that sort of distance his ranged attacks are avoidable (I won't say "easily" avoidable because they still got me when I was careless).
Epimer

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:40 pm

I followed your suggestion, diablo down :D

2/5 , monk wd and dh left!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 am

So uhm, how do Witch doctors roll nowadays? Is it possible to do a pet-focused build now with the recent buffs to pets?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:29 am

Worldie wrote:So uhm, how do Witch doctors roll nowadays? Is it possible to do a pet-focused build now with the recent buffs to pets?

God yea, and it is glorious. Use the pet focused passives and get a decent chunk of Resistance and Armor, but not enough as a pure melee would. Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan will survive a really long time while you stay back and nuke things with Acid Rain and Fire Bomb. Was doing Act 2 Inferno with the meeting with the Emperor that spawns dozens of snakes, all my pets lived through the wave inside the throne room, something they couldn't even do on Nightmare pre-1.04.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Epimer » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm logged out in the spec I cleared Inferno with, although I changed the spec for Diablo himself. I like the LoH of Rain of Toads spam more than the massive AoE from Firebomb, but I haven't varied things too much since finding a spec that worked well for me.

EDIT: I'm not suggesting gearing like me, though. I have way lower armor and resistances than I'm comfortable with.
Epimer

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:49 am

1.0.5 will see an across the board baseline 25% damage reduction in Inferno. It will also see a huge reduction in defensive cooldowns to be less powerful, War Cry+Impunity dropping to 20% resistance increase as an example, but offer the same relative benefit as in 1.0.4. Wizards and Demon Hunters will have defensive benefits added to existing skills as well.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Well I don't use any defensive cooldown anyway, I prefer to rely on a high armor/resist set to just keep stable low damage.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Worldie wrote:Well I don't use any defensive cooldown anyway, I prefer to rely on a high armor/resist set to just keep stable low damage.

Those are things that'll change. War Cry+Impunity is currently 20% armor and 50% Resistances. In 1.0.5 it'll be 20% armor and resistances. Other changes are going through as well, like Jungle Fortitude being reduced to 15% damage.
Flex

Postby Levantine » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:47 pm

So I was thinking about reinstalling and giving 1.0.4 a go and I was going to try a melee wizard build. I was playing around with the build and I came up with this from my sketchy memory and what seemed like the logical course of action. http://d3db.com/calculator/i/wizard/36240

The last slot I have absolutely no idea on and I figured if cannoneer can proc critical mass it might be a decent use of the slot. Am I doing it right? I assume I'll be going for crit chance wherever I can get it and armour/resist is helpful as always in melee.
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 am

How does the melee wizard work? I was interested in trying it, but everytime i dare to get in melee range of a mob i pretty much get 3shotted even with 1k resist and 9k armor.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Forgrim » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:25 am

you have to run in with diamond skin active (usually) then start pounding away with cyclones and cold nova repeatedly over and over (also refreshing diamond skin).

I don't suggest it however, since its getting hit with a giant nerf bat next patch.
Forgrim

Postby Mukat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Pardon the necro, but with the recent changes to the game, and my wow sub expired, im finding it to be way more fun than it was before. I can play my barb how i want to, and effectively at that. I just started back about a week ago and after quickly buying some starting gear to boost him up (had mostly lvl 60 gear, got some 61 and 62) i found myself able to easily turn on monster power 2. Already im at mp4 and im thinking about mp5 because only some elite packs give me problems.
Mukat

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:00 am

Same boat, except WoW still subbed but I discovered I hate pretty much every other game after the 6 hour single player experience is done versus the 5 levels of Paragon I gained in D3 that gave me more fun than a host of other games I've played recently

The dive in the economy is amazing. Good gear is worthless, Better than Good is cheap and Great is all the gold ever. Add in the new Archon crafting patterns were you can pick the attribute you want and gearing up is pretty cheap, you can get 2 or 3 piece legendary set for 500K total it seems. Even if you are opposed to the AH you can use the various difficulty settings for Inferno and skip the AH and just farm your way to better gear.

On my Barb MP4 gives me some issues if it is a desecrate, molten, plagued pack but most others die in my endless Wrath of the Berserker Whirlwind of death.

If you haven't done it explicitly farm up Infernal Machines. Big primary stat ring with a bonus 35% XP. You want to do 3 Infernal Machines at once to go to each realm.

Finally if you're on the US side and want someone to team up with my battle tag is Flexhead#1426
Flex

Postby Era » Fri May 17, 2013 3:51 am

Anyone still playing? Picked up playing again. Been working my way through some MP levels, trying to gather keys for Infernal Machines. If I can handle MP5 solo, at what difficulty should I attempt soloing the Infernal bosses?

EDIT: Also, anyone know about a simple to use DPS comparison tool, that takes all your gear into account?
I'm pretty sure my next weapon upgrade will have to be to go from 2H to 1H+OH, but the game only compares either with the 1H or the OH, and I don't want to burn millions of gold on something without knowing for sure.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games