We are not going to nerf haste for Prot paladins

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

We are not going to nerf haste for Prot paladins

Postby Nosst » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:43 am

Ghostcrawler
Game Designer

We knew haste would be attractive to Protection when we gave them Sanctity of Battle, which only Retribution had previously :) .

That's why we gave them Sanctity of Battle.

Even if you have a tanking set with no haste, there are haste buffs in the game.

We wanted all the tanks to benefit somewhat from what were traditionally DPS stats, since part of the active mitigation design was to make tanks care more about hitting things with sword.

It only gets to be a problem, as I said previously, if dodge and parry (which are going to be on some gear) are perceived as pointless. (They aren't pointless, but that's really beside the point at this stage.)

We aren't going to reitemize every plate piece in the game to remove dodge and parry.

:arrow: We also don't want to nerf haste for paladins, because it is fun, and for the most part working as intended.

We don't have a solution yet that we're willing to share, but that's the intent. :!:

:!: :arrow: To stave off the controversial Protection haste issue, we are making a chance to Grand Crusader to proc from dodge and parry at 30% instead of CS and HotR at 20%.

This will improve dodge and parry slightly for active mitigation purposes without negating the +haste slant that many paladins have taken.

And Theckhd, please sort out youre old irelevant posts and uppdate or remowe old post here and on http://sacredduty.net/.

These site should be uppdate so it is easyer for "normal" players to understand:)
Last edited by Nosst on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nosst

Re: We are not going to nerf haste for Prot paladins

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 am

All of your concerns and relevant information can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33307. Theck has done a good job already keeping up with these changes and making predictions on the procs from GC.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:37 am

Uhm... First off, let me welcome you to the boards. :) It's always good to have more people to discuss matters with.

Secondly, if you quote someone, please try to put it in a quote block, but more importantly: Include the source! If you check your source, you probably find that the post you're quoting is a little outdated.

We've all read the post already, and it has since then be iterated upon. Instead of a 30% off Dodge/Parry, there is now a smaller chance of Dodge/Parry and a chance on CS/HotR.

Thirdly, maintankadin is a discussion forum, not a guide an sich. It can host a guide, and I do realize Knaughty's one is a little outdated, but updating every single post on this board constantly is not exactly the way to go. If you check Theck's Matlab thread, you might notice, though, that he updates the first page with the correct information on a regular basis. The same applies to Sacred Duty. It's a blog, not a guide. Those are interesting posts, and even if at a later time they no longer apply, that's no need to remove them.

I was thinking of writing a guide of my own, but I'm holding that back until 5.2 hits, so all the changes are final.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Nosst » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:50 am

Nosst

Postby Gab » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:16 am

That post you linked is outdated. There have been additional PROPOSED changes to Grand Crusader since the post you quoted.....

GC wrote:Paladin- We are going to try Grand Crusader proc'd by CS, HotR and dodge and parry (at lower chances for each).- We are going to buff Seal of Justice and Seal of Righteousness damage. Neither of these Seals is seeing enough use. Justice was always intended to be a strong PvP Seal, and it just isn't right now. We haven't solidified numbers yet - I'm just sharing our intent.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811342046?page=20#385

It's very presumptuous to demand:

Nosst wrote:And Theckhd, please sort out youre old irelevant posts and uppdate or remowe old post here and on http://sacredduty.net/ .

These site should be uppdate so it is easyer for "normal" players to understand:)

There's no way that all old posts will be removed, and frankly they shouldn't be, not to mention the fact the 5.2 STILL isn't live and balance is still taking place which means posts would all have to be "sorted out" again when 5.2 is finalized.
Gab

Postby anafielle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 am

We won't be 'uppdating or remowing' anything on SD. A blog is a blog, not a guide. It is pretty much a combination of news and commentary. Things change and when they do - generally each time they do - Theck blogs again.

If a new player is going to SD to learn how to be a prot paladin, they are doing it wrong. They should expect to be confused. In fact I addressed this when we started SD, and wrote a page I labeled Tankadin 101 page which pretty much said, "Go away, there are no guides here" and then linked to guides outside of the website.

The best guide for new players is probably the EJ thread; I read it the other day and aside from some outdated Seal information it is massively detailed and quite accurate.
Anafielle, 90 Retribution Paladin in <Something Wicked> :: Armory :: Twitter

Sacred Duty: Theck, Meloree & Ana's blog

"Hold on, hold on, let me make sure I've got this straight. You're telling me that a critical part of our strategy for this fight will be to have the ret paladins go stand in the fire? Yeah, we can handle that." -- DSWarden
anafielle

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations