[10H] Grand Empress Shek'zeer

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Grand Empress Shek'zeer

Postby timoseewho » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Hello, just bored on a Thursday night and figured I'd start a discussion for the last boss in Heart of Fear:P. From what I've read, the main differences in heroic on Grand Empress Shek'zeer are, occasionally a Dissonance Field gets corrupted in P1 sprouting out more AoE damage from that particular field forcing the raid to soak that field up first to stop the damage, adds in P2 hit a ton harder (requiring some sort of cc and kiting), and this Heart of Fear thing in P3 that shoots at a random player requiring a tank to stand between the heart and the player to soak the damage.

From most of the videos, it seems to be a 4-heal fight and having to do P2 twice. Lust/warp seems to be used at the beginning and on the third P1 as opposed to P3. In P2, it looks like a tank always picks up both reavers and one windblade while the other picks up 5 windblades (kiting in some way with bunch of cooldowns), while the whole raid stacks at some assigned spot for the first trap, single targeting one windblade at a time. I'm really uncertain how P3 works with the Heart of Fear, just seems to be a whole ton of healing. This is just some stuff I've observed, if there's anything huge I'm missing or anything that could help, fill in!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Re: [10H] Grand Empress Shek'zeer

Postby Galiks » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:08 am

timoseewho wrote:Hello, just bored on a Thursday night and figured I'd start a discussion for the last boss in Heart of Fear:P. From what I've read, the main differences in heroic on Grand Empress Shek'zeer are, occasionally a Dissonance Field gets corrupted in P1 sprouting out more AoE damage from that particular field forcing the raid to soak that field up first to stop the damage, adds in P2 hit a ton harder (requiring some sort of cc and kiting), and this Heart of Fear thing in P3 that shoots at a random player requiring a tank to stand between the heart and the player to soak the damage.

From most of the videos, it seems to be a 4-heal fight and having to do P2 twice. Lust/warp seems to be used at the beginning and on the third P1 as opposed to P3. In P2, it looks like a tank always picks up both reavers and one windblade while the other picks up 5 windblades (kiting in some way with bunch of cooldowns), while the whole raid stacks at some assigned spot for the first trap, single targeting one windblade at a time. I'm really uncertain how P3 works with the Heart of Fear, just seems to be a whole ton of healing. This is just some stuff I've observed, if there's anything huge I'm missing or anything that could help, fill in!

P1: Pretty easy now with the recent nerf, and can be 3-healed if necessary. However, until DPS is good enough to push only one add phase, there is utterly no point in not 4-healing this fight as you will not hit enrage and it provides greater endurance.

-Don't go into a dissonance field until the corrupted one is chosen.
-Roll Blessing of Protections on the players inside the dissonance fields at the time of explosion so you can mitigate the Cry of Terror damage on the raid before/at the time of the explosion. This can be done for every explosion if you have a holy paladin and a protection paladin with the Clemency talent.
-On the third P1, you should push Shek'zeer when the FIRST SET's SECOND dissonance field is about to explode. She won't put the second set down if you do this properly.

P2: [Prot paladin PoV - substitute appropriate class equivalent abilities]
As a prot paladin, i take all of the windblades but one, while the other tank gets both reavers and one windblade. I use Speed of Light and Avenger's Shield all 3 adds from one corner, and then run to the other side and AoE pickup the rest of the windblades (the far reaver is misdirected to the other tank who has picked up the other reaver already, and this tank does also taunt one windblade out of my pile soon after). I immediately pop shield wall, and soon after pop holy avenger to keep up ~50% phys reduction for about ~20 seconds. Ending that, I pop glyphed Divine Protection combined with Ardent Defender to hold them for another ~10sec. Ending that, I pop glyphed Blinding Light (3 sec stun) combined with Speed of Light and kite the adds that are slowed with either a hunter trap or Chilblains and pulled back repeatedly with two Ursol's Vortexes. Once they are about to reach me, I'll alert the healers and I'll get a pain suppression or Hand of Sacrifice, but at that time I should only be tanking ~3 which isn't hard to heal through.

tldr; 5 Windblades on one tank, 2 reavers/1 windblade on the other. Heavy CD chaining on windblade tank, and when they run dry use AoE stuns and begin to kite them with speed enhancements and slows. Wait for the third windblade to be about dead before dragging the first reaver in a trap (ranged holy paladin taunt is easier to pull them in to avoid frontal reaver cone attacks), and have the entire raid stack on a marker to simplify movement for creating traps. Careful for fixates if stacking to avoid windblades being trapped.

P3: Very easy and similar to normal. To simplify, everyone stack behind the boss (including the tank not currently holding Shek'zeer). When HoF occurs, that player moves away from it (preferably towards a designated direction) so that the tank is in between the HoF and that player. This really isn't difficult and should be an auto-kill if the entire raid is alive and dispels are good. We killed it going in with a healer and one DPS dead.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby timoseewho » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Exactly what I needed:), one question, why wait for windblades to die before trapping a reaver?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
timoseewho

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:13 pm

At a guess, if too many windblades are alive when the first reaver gets trapped, they'll break the trap before it does sufficient damage to the reaver.
Rhiannon

Postby timoseewho » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Ah wow, to be honest I never knew they killed the traps lol, no wonder on some videos I saw reavers coming out of traps-_-.
timoseewho

Postby iAvatar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:25 pm

3 healing reasonably viable? We don't have access to a heroic geared 4th healer and are most likely going to be 3 healing this.

What causes wipes, is it just the length of the fight that makes it difficult? Nothing really looks dangerous except adds in p2 and if you have a proper kiting and cooldown plan (which we do from normal) it should be straightforward.
Avátar of <Last Attempt> Thaurissan
6/6 H MSV | 6/6 H HoF | 4/4 H TEOS
iAvatar

Postby Kai » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 am

there's heavy constant aoe combined with burst dmg going on in phase 1 and then massive tank dmg with some raid dmg from the random poison dots flying around in p2. plus healers can get focused by the windblades too, meaning they have to kite and can't heal. it's certainly doable but I doubt you can push it with just 1 add phase, you won't nearly gain enough dps with just 1 additional dps class. that means you are going to do exactly the same that you'd be doing with 4 healers and will have to hold dps a bit more around 35%.
You gain a bit faster p3, but then p3 is a total joke. we got there and killed it. it's really just the same as on normal with a bid more raid dmg, but with 4 healers it didn't matter at all.

so, yeah, it's doable but you are making the fight more difficult. we didn't have a real 4th healer either and forced a spriest who hasn't healed at all this expansion to heal. having two disc priests is perfect anyway, but anything works. if you got some hybrid caster, just make him spec healing. anyone can do some aoe healing in phase 1 and then assign him a tank in phase 2 to stick to and that's it.
our guy was bitching and moaning about having to heal, but i'd rather take a 475ish geared healing alt then another dps as the additional dps really doesn't gain you all that much.
the biggest plus is that windblades will die faster to reduce tank dmg in p2. but then you'll have to hold dps again on the windblades so you got enough time to build 2 traps. we had to hold dps there with 4 healers, so again, you gain a bit dps and then tell those dps to stand about for a while.
Kai

Postby timoseewho » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:42 am

iAvatar wrote:3 healing reasonably viable? We don't have access to a heroic geared 4th healer and are most likely going to be 3 healing this.

What causes wipes, is it just the length of the fight that makes it difficult? Nothing really looks dangerous except adds in p2 and if you have a proper kiting and cooldown plan (which we do from normal) it should be straightforward.

Ya, they nerfed the damage output from the boss' abilities so that guilds could 3 heal it more easily, of course with slightly more coordination in P2 to control the adds (stuns, slows, etc.). The main benefit of 3-healing is that you will most likely only be going through 1 P2 instead of 2 with 4-healing.
timoseewho

Postby daishan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:42 am

I'm sure 3 healing is doable, if you try I'm fairly certain you'll need one healer to be a disco priest and have 2 pallies of any spec with clemency, so you can BoP once per dissonance field explostion.
Having said that if you have anyone with a healing os 4 heal it, unless you have amazing dps and can push 1 add phase an extra dps gains you very little. On our 1st kill we had our spriest go holy (a 2nd disc would of probably been better) it was the 1st real raid she's healed this tier and holy isn't very good on empress but I'd still take the 36k healing over a 5th dps.
Ok things we died to mostly ppl getting 1 shot by field explosions, some ppl staying in a field too long with the debuff then dieing to the random aoe before healers could heal them after they stepped out of field.
I died several times as the windblade tank, they hit bloody hard, some of my deaths where just down to poor play other times it was when a healer got fixated and had to run (another reason to 4 heal) and some times down to bern slow on interrupting despatch.
Make sure you healers move out of sticky resin before it debuffs them and let your dps stack up the resin traps.
I was greedy with windblades and tanked all 6 with no kiting, was tough but fun, just make sure to focus down 2 of them asap rather than everyone aoe whoring.
Here's a vid of the kill if it's of any use, not perfect by any stretch, on 1st add phase I had a reaver with all the windblades for ages :D and for all of P3 my co tank had a sticky resin debuff (clean them up at end of add phase or by running through a dissonance field)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt8X-wAgtDA
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby ruodhaid » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:54 pm

SO my guild has come to this fight and we are going 4heal and since the only good geared disc priest we have is an alt of our druid tank i have to tank this boss, im normaly ret and as i have been abel to tank everything else with out even regemming or reforged i havent collectet any dodge or parry gear.

i have now gemmed and reforged to tank and tryed the fight, but i get owned so hard by the adds i tank the 6 small adds

We have my cds, pain, supp and barrior, cocoon, and 4 hand of sacrifice form 2 holy paladins but seems it not even enof when cds run out i kinda die - in 8 trys i only survedved phase 2 once and used an armor potion for that - would not be abel to do that on the 2nd phase 2..

here is my armory, would you gem/refoge differend? sould i buy the darkmoon tinket? i relly want the boss dead before 5.2

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... n/advanced
ruodhaid

Postby Darielle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm

I wouldn't recommend tanking the 6 adds that way. Even with 3 adds left alive, without cooldowns they will ream you had. Remember, the Windblades don't just melee, they also have a Sonic Blade that with 6 adds alive will probably hit you for around 200k+ when you don't have the ShoR buff, and so you're going to take 2-3 in a row everytime.

At the very least, split one Windblade off you onto the other tank. With 5 up, you can realistically kill at least 2 before your cooldowns expire, and 3 Windblades is more realistic for your survival chances given than one of them is almost guaranteed to be fixating. Whether you tank 5 or 6, you should do some form of kiting or other disruption when your cooldowns are donw.

Example, this is what we did as our strat, as soon as a trap forms, get someone to Trap a reaver (a melee taunting or a healer taunting works). The Windblades will stop meleeing you and kill the trap. Using AoE stuns and knockbacks ensures that you will take out at least 2 Windblades during this time, the Windblades are doing no damage to you, etc. Even if that trap is broken and the reaver comes out of it with like 3 million health or whatever, splash damage while you're killing Windblades will take care of him easy.
Darielle

Postby ruodhaid » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks for the tips ill try that
ruodhaid

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:16 am

How are most of you splitting the adds with 2 tanks; 4/4 or 2/6?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby daishan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 am

We split 6/2, 6 Windblades on me the pally and 2 Reavers on our DK.
I know lots of ppl split them 5/3 5 Winblades on one tank.
I wouldn't split them 4/4 as you don't need any dps on the Reavers (I assume your trapping both) so you want as many Windblades together as your tank can handle for free aoe splash dmg.
It's best to single target the 1st 1 or 2 Winblades down so there's not still 5 or 6 alive at low health when you run out of tank cd's.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 pm

We just did 4/4, and as we're killing mine I taunt one of Psiven's Windblades over if it's time for cooldwons to run out (generally we have 1 fully dead and the other at <20% health when this happens). We trap the Reaver asap and kill Windblades while they kill the trap and finish them off after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJsdj8t4nCE

Honestly, you're going to find yourself probably waiting like 30 seconds or so to kill the last Windblade anyway - you don't really need to worry about damage on them except for how fast you kill the first couple. Leaving the last one up leaves a nice little pocket for healer regen.
Darielle

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)