Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Newsom wrote:
bldavis wrote:but the arch spear doesnt help a mage....>.>

Umbrella + Sword + Neck? :)

none of those look like the spear though...
i wasnt saying there were no archy items that will help a mage, i was just saying the agil polearm wouldnt :mrgreen:

gratz on the ony mount
and we ended up going in and finishing MSV, and got repeat kills on will and the first boss in HoF
3 pulls on the second boss and we were able to get him to 7%

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Blizzard announced a 5% damage buff to SPs!

It's not really enough, but it's already an improvement from not being considered at all :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 am

Worldie wrote:Blizzard announced a 5% damage buff to SPs!

It's not really enough, but it's already an improvement from not being considered at all :P

And some nice MM and SV buffs. Will be interesting to see how it maths out.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Andurin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 am

\o/ Whoohoo :P

Leveling my paladin in The Dread Wastes, with the Klaxxi commendation... Did 4 daily's and a bunch of quests, am at 50% of my level, and revered with the Klaxxi... That commendation is awsome ^^
Andurin

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:22 am

econ21 wrote:I was rewarded with the Sha weapon for my endeavours, although averaging only 471 ilevel, I can't see hitting 480 before the patch. I guess I will have to buy some more 496 shieldwall stuff after the patch when it is discounted, unless the new VP "consolation" gear GC mentioned providing to non-raiders is more attractive.

May be worth going for the higher ilevel Neutral rep valor gear from Shado-Pan Assault. (The non-raider gear is at Revered on the new faction, again, and only ilevel 496.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 am

Actually only a 4% buff (a 5 percentpoint buff) (1.2/1.25 = .96 or 1.25/1.2 = 1.04(1666...))

But that with the buffs to single spells should be good enough currently.

Also, yay for MM buffs, not sure SV needed them, though it could be prudent (from a design standpoint) to not have the 50/50 dps split spec be the top spec, when tuning raid encounters, and have the more hunterfocused spec be at least as good. (Though honestly I don't think SV really needed a buff, though it was lower than BM it was within the margin, MM did need a buff though)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:38 am

You keep saying that, but unless raidbots is completely broken, which is completely possible since the two options are Top 100 and everyone, it simply isn't the case that shadow is not competitive especially when compared to some other specs, like all specs of hunter.

KysenMurrin wrote:May be worth going for the higher ilevel Neutral rep valor gear from Shado-Pan Assault. (The non-raider gear is at Revered on the new faction, again, and only ilevel 496.)

Did they completely nuke the 476s for gold? Wont get you to 480 but might help.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:23 am

4% is a decent buff. There really aren't any specs that are so far out of line that more than that would be warranted. Player perspective exaggerates the differences.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:28 am

Flex wrote:

You keep saying that, but unless raidbots is completely broken, which is completely possible since the two options are Top 100 and everyone, it simply isn't the case that shadow is not competitive especially when compared to some other specs, like all specs of hunter.

Link me this please as I've not seen it and would be interested in it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am

Worldie wrote:
Flex wrote:

Link me this please as I've not seen it and would be interested in it.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Well that looks much better than a couple ptr-patches before.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:06 pm

But that's not from ptr, that's a collation of WoL from live.
Rhiannon

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah. Live SPriest is showing consistently middle of the pack among casters on overall, and 3rd best caster on the top 100. And on the overall chart Warlocks and Arcane seem to be something of an outlier.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:48 am

2 new bossess down in Heart of Fear (frist 2) in about an hour ^^ Mage had to leave a bit early so we called it and I managed to get my paladin to 90 (finally). Ran trough Arena of Annialation and got a new weapon, bought a 463 shield for 200gold and got the tank necklace from the event boss ^^

Tonight i`ll be exalted with the August Celestials on my priest :D
Andurin

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 am

Andurin wrote:2 new bossess down in Heart of Fear (frist 2) in about an hour ^^ Mage had to leave a bit early so we called it and I managed to get my paladin to 90 (finally). Ran trough Arena of Annialation and got a new weapon, bought a 463 shield for 200gold and got the tank necklace from the event boss ^^

Tonight i`ll be exalted with the August Celestials on my priest :D

Gratz! Best of luck with Garalon - he's kind of a bitch.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General