Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:14 am

econ21 wrote:Will of the Emperor is getting hard to kill in LFR. That buff you get when you wipe is going to be needed, I think.

I've zoned into 3 HoF groups *this week* wiping on the first set of trash in the first wing of the instance. Usually because of 'LOL, I zoned in pulling naaaaaao!'

I'm not even sure if that will save stupid that bad. I'm not even convinced it's trolling.
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:32 am

benebarba wrote:
econ21 wrote:Will of the Emperor is getting hard to kill in LFR. That buff you get when you wipe is going to be needed, I think.

I've zoned into 3 HoF groups *this week* wiping on the first set of trash in the first wing of the instance. Usually because of 'LOL, I zoned in pulling naaaaaao!'

I'm not even sure if that will save stupid that bad. I'm not even convinced it's trolling.

Setting the face aggro range of the mobs to be about a foot away from the zone-in point was a very stupid idea IMO.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby benebarba » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:03 am

Fetzie wrote:
benebarba wrote:

Setting the face aggro range of the mobs to be about a foot away from the zone-in point was a very stupid idea IMO.

Seriously (I seem to recall some 5-mans with this same issue too). Good for flavor, dumb for gameplay.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:25 am

See amusements thread.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 am

For some reason I had an <Away> tag while leveling my mage in a battleground. Stupid me types /afk to get rid of it. 15 minutes deserter... /facepalm

We were winning too :(
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Andurin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:03 am

Newsom wrote:For some reason I had an <Away> tag while leveling my mage in a battleground. Stupid me types /afk to get rid of it. 15 minutes deserter... /facepalm

We were winning too :(

I have done that SO MANY TIMES -.- :roll:
Andurin

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:19 am

Oh wow... so the company I work for recently had their benefits re-structured as they moved to a new company to use. When it was revealed there was massive uproar - we're getting about 20% of what we had previously.

It just came out today that the woman in charge of the two year project to revamp our benefits actually didn't consult very many people as she was redoing them. She then went on stress leave as the company revealed the new benefits (last month) and promptly quit a week thereafter.

Thankfully, the company is looking into making some changes based on what's been already released (the backlash has been INSANE - employees are saying things that would normally get them fired on our local intranet), but hot damn it's not a pleasant situation to be in.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Made the mistake of looking at a big thread on the US forums suggesting Shaman changes. Huge mass of overpowered and unnecessary wishful thinking all wrapped up in this idea that every one of the changes is somehow needed. (You need to make all these things baseline, then give us all these new baseline things.)

Reason I was looking: I was thinking about my pet topic of improving the Enh AoE toolkit with some kind of instant AoE - it's the one thing I think Enhancement is missing - and hit on the idea they should give us Rupture Line (with a modest cooldown and as just damage without the knock-into-the-air) - and wanted to see if anyone else had had the idea. Turned out they had had the idea, only they wanted to it be big, ground targetable, and cause an aoe stun. /facepalm

Where the hell does everyone's perspective go when they're thinking of these things?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 pm

wow...
i would be happy with a modest 1gcd aoe option
now it takes at least 3 to do anything beyond chain lightning

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Where the hell does everyone's perspective go when they're thinking of these things?

Perspective is lost in an echo chamber and when you need to address at a higher level than simply "buff my class."

Kind of surprised there isn't a Glyph of Mass Exorcism style glyph for Enchancement.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 pm

bldavis wrote:wow...
i would be happy with a modest 1gcd aoe option
now it takes at least 3 to do anything beyond chain lightning

Exactly!

Someone should go make the devs solo some low level instances as Enhance. It's niche activity, but really highlights the issue when you can't kill a pack of low health mobs without targetting and hitting each one individually (Lightning Shield doesn't fire if they miss, and grants no loot if it kills them; Magma Totem gets killed the instant you drop it).

Enhancement AoE is fine... when you get a chance to ramp up. Better than fine on big packs that last more than a few seconds. It's not about Enhancement needing AoE, it's about Enhancement needing better-designed AoE.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:01 pm

i agree, i love the changes brought in Cata (4.1?) where lava lash spreads flame shock now

on a pack that lasts long enough and can survive getting flameshocked AND lava lashed, aoe is insane as an enh

but compare it to all the other melee classes
warriors - WW/Shockwave/Tclap
ret - divine storm
dks - D&D, howling blast if frost
rogue - FoK+Crimson tempest
monk - LOLFSK
kitty - swipe/thrash

all are 1 gcds
yes some have a minor cd on them, or restricted by energy/rage/HoPo, but none are min 3 gcds to get your aoe off

edit: i am sick and tired of fighting this cold/flu/whateverthefuckthisis
started with sore throat on sunday, now throat feels mostly better but i am congested and sore all over with a massive headache

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Yea, Divine Storm takes 4 GCDs to use. 3 to generate Holy Power and a 4th to use Divine Storm.

Otherwise stick with Hammer of the Righteous and Seal of whatever it is called.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:41 pm

He should've said HotR for Ret, yeah. Still, instant AoE without ramp up or cast time. (Magma Totem doesn't do enough damage to count, it's balanced around 1 sec GCD and 1 min duration.)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:42 pm

but if you are sitting on HoPo, it just takes one :D

you do have a point though
that and i was just going off what i could think of off the top of my congested and drugged head

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General