Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:21 am

halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:They're sort of in a hard spot in trinket design. It is tough to make a new and interesting design that beats out the traditional designs.

Same goes for some armor designs.. coughhunterdurrlookwhatIjustkilledI'mwearingitdurrcough...

Makes perfect sense for hunters to skin and make armor from their kills, just like all rogue gear should mimic the minions of the faction they're going to kill so they can easily sneak in and kill.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:42 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:They're sort of in a hard spot in trinket design. It is tough to make a new and interesting design that beats out the traditional designs.

Same goes for some armor designs.. coughhunterdurrlookwhatIjustkilledI'mwearingitdurrcough...

Makes perfect sense for hunters to skin and make armor from their kills, just like all rogue gear should mimic the minions of the faction they're going to kill so they can easily sneak in and kill.

The problem is, hunters are skinning and wearing murlocs.. and yaks.. and sauroks.. what's gonna happen in the last patch of Mists and we are raiding Orgrimmar.. hunters skinning and wearing those terrifying little boars outside of Org?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:44 am

Orcslayer Battlegear. Kinda awkward if you're an orc hunter.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:47 am

"I carry my family with me, my cousin ortuk is now my shouldergard!"
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Darielle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm

They're sort of in a hard spot in trinket design. It is tough to make a new and interesting design that beats out the traditional designs.

Poppycock.

The issue is a compound of:
- They don't fully look at trinkets from the point of view of the users, so they typically end with either one or more that are just plain overpowered, and then a couple of others that are pretty much crap. The trinket that requires a Dodge proc is an extremely good example of this, but even things like Vial that went live and had to be readjusted because apparently no one thought they might get used by players against players count on that issue.
- They don't iterate very hard on trinket design once they have an idea. At best, they adjust proc rates slightly. If they have a bad design, they will just pretend it doesn't exist, especially if that makes the trinket correspondingly bad, therefore there's no issue of overpowered players running around in PvP.

The problem is, hunters are skinning and wearing murlocs.. and yaks.. and sauroks.. what's gonna happen in the last patch of Mists and we are raiding Orgrimmar.. hunters skinning and wearing those terrifying little boars outside of Org?

If in doubt, Orcs ALWAYS tame Dragons.
Darielle

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm

Darielle wrote:They don't fully look at trinkets from the point of view of the users

Because if players had their way Trinkets would be nothing but stat/stat proc on a predictable timer. Which is pretty much the exact opposite of what Blizzard really wants to do every tier.
Flex

Postby Darielle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Because if players had their way Trinkets would be nothing but stat/stat proc on a predictable timer.

You could have at least pretended to read the rest of that instead of taking the line out of context.
Players don't have an interest in wanting plain stat/stat procs. If anything, players complain that so many trinkets ARE straight stat/statproc.

The actual issue that results from that is that you have trinkets that wind up underwhelming or overpowered, with very little in between. It didn't take a genius to figure that Vial would be used by players in PvP, or that one of the only trinkets in the tier being a dot-proc kinda means Arcane is stuck (although now that Bombs are talents, ~, but that's horrible in itself), etc. THOSE are what "considering them from the point of view of the users" involve.

As a result, they get this broad range between the hilariousness that was Mirror and how good it was (cause hey, we certainly hadn't had precedent from Sindy's Fang that a resist proc is usable far beyond its intended level), and the horribleness that was, say, Corpse Tongue Coin. Even stat/stat procs fail that boat because some stats are just SO bad for classes that a 509+8 barely beats a 463+8, and falls beind DMC.
Darielle

Postby Newsom » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Blizzard wrote:Arena and Rated Battleground Season 12 is scheduled to end on Wednesday, March 6. At that point, we will determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards, a process that should take approximately one week. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for Arena titles and/or the Malevolent Gladiator's Cloud Serpent to refrain from transferring their characters to another realm or faction until after Season 12 ends. The awarding of Season 12 titles and mounts will occur approximately two weeks after the season ends.

At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points and any honor above 4000 will be converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point. The honor cap will remain at 4000.

All Season 12 items will cost Honor Points (equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost) when the season ends, with the exception of any items with rating requirements attached. These items will no longer be available for purchase.

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin approximately one week after the current season ends. During the break between seasons, all Rated Battleground and Arena matches will be unavailable. Team and Personal Ratings will be reset when Season 13 begins.

Looks like we have 2 more weeks before the patch hits?
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Klaudandus wrote:"I carry my family with me, my cousin ortuk is now my shouldergard!"

This made me fall off the chair :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenris » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm

We like our recent change to a lower cooldown on Avenging Wrath for Retribution in PvP. We like it so much that we want to make it a baseline change for Retribution and not a set bonus, since many PvE paladins are benefiting from shorter wings today, and our recent DPS testing suggests that Ret needs a DPS buff. However, this does mean changing the existing T14 4pc PvE bonus.

So the list of changes reads like this:

Retribution has a two minute cooldown on Avenging Wrath baseline.
We are reverting the PvP set bonus change. The Retribution set bonuses remain as they are on live. This line will no longer appear in patch notes.
We are changing the T14 4pc PvE bonus to +10% damage on Seals and Judgment. We want you to graduate to the T15 set bonus fairly quickly and you won't be losing the shorter Avenging Wrath cooldown.
Retribution damage was too low, but as I mentioned above, we buffed it through more frequent use of Avenging Wrath.

I'm a cinic but i can't avoid reading that "we liked it a lot" as "we have no idea how to actually fix your low sustained damage so here,take the shorter cd burst spikes"

But again,a buff is a buff...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 am

I almost feel like there's a simple solution for ret dmg. We're earlier too high on the charts so we get nerfed. Then, we're too low so they buff us and we end up at the top. How about taking the average of the adjustments and, wow, what a concept, decent sustained dmg.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:50 am

Newsom wrote:
Blizzard wrote:Arena and Rated Battleground Season 12 is scheduled to end on Wednesday, March 6. At that point, we will determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards, a process that should take approximately one week. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for Arena titles and/or the Malevolent Gladiator's Cloud Serpent to refrain from transferring their characters to another realm or faction until after Season 12 ends. The awarding of Season 12 titles and mounts will occur approximately two weeks after the season ends.

At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points and any honor above 4000 will be converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point. The honor cap will remain at 4000.

All Season 12 items will cost Honor Points (equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost) when the season ends, with the exception of any items with rating requirements attached. These items will no longer be available for purchase.

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin approximately one week after the current season ends. During the break between seasons, all Rated Battleground and Arena matches will be unavailable. Team and Personal Ratings will be reset when Season 13 begins.

Looks like we have 2 more weeks before the patch hits?

3 weeks, no? doesn't the season end 1 week before patch?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Newsom » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:50 am

I was under the impression it ends when the patch hits, that's how they did it the last time anyway.

Season 10 ended on Nov 29, 2011 (holy crap has it been that long?) and patch 4.3 went live on the same day. You can't really compare season 11 since expansion releases are a bit different. Of course this is just informed speculation so they might do it differently this time around, but I really doubt it. :P
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:24 am

Nooska wrote:3 weeks, no? doesn't the season end 1 week before patch?

They've done it both ways, but it looks like the season will end with the patch this time.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nooska » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:45 am

If only they would stick with 1 so we knew - at least I know why I was unsure whether it was same day or +1 week - blizzard hasn't been consistent :)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to General