Remove Advertisements

Karazhan - Maiden of Virtue

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Semirhage » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:32 am

Question please.

1. Warlock Fel hunters-- I heard that pets only add to damage? Do pets have to be 8 yards away from warlock?

2. I need advice on group make up.
Semirhage Prot Pally (me),
Johanus Arms/Fury Warrior,
Doty Holy Paladin,
Ninazu Shadow Priest,
Lambkin Resto Druid,
Valik Subtlety Rogue,
Omid Frost Mage,
Decarabia 27/34/0 Warlock,
Ellymae Affliction Warlock, and
Sayuuka BM Hunter.

The warrior put on his tanking gear but could not generate enough threat that the druid healer gets agro.

I put on my healing gear to help cleanse/heal, leaving only 2 melee on maiden.

The question arises that the warrior should re-spec prot. I told them no, that I could tank it. But it was late, and this is our first attempt, but more of hurry in to get to try Maiden. We were not expecting to win the first time due to the strain that some people need to log soon.

Anyway, need some advice on that group make up if I MT it.

3. If I MT, will I have time to throw a Cleanse on a target, on top of Holy Shield and Consecrate and Re-Seals? Who would be my main priority for Cleanse?

4. What can be cleansed, and how often?

5. Who else can cleanse or dispel other than the Priest?
Semirhage

Postby hamerhead » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:58 am

You can tank her but its just easier for a warrior or Druid since they dont need to worry about getting silenced. Does your Holy Paly have imp concentration? That may help in the silence effect.
Most of the locks I have run with use a imp here for the extra stam

If your warrior does tank her tell him to use sharpening stones and use a Greater Rune of Shielding which gives you a free 4k of dmg you dont need to heal right away. Should help whoever is tanking get agro before the heals kick in and is great for the learning curve. You could also use salvation on the druid healer just in case you arnt already.

I am not saying you shoudlnt be tanking but it seems easier for us to put on our healing gear and help cleanse then try to tank through all the silence effects. So far she seems like the only boss I personally think we are better off healing cleansing but since your warrior isnt protect you may be better off tanking her than him.

Palis excel at healing for the maiden due to the fact we can use Blessing of Sacrifice to stay out of repentence :D
hamerhead

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:22 am

Just pick whoever has the best tanking gear/spec. It's not harder to tank Maiden as a paladin, it's just annoying since you have to spam buttons. I just caution my raid that my aggro threshhold for the first part of the fight is lower than on the other mobs in the instance, pull with Avenging Wrath, and then prioritize Holy Shield.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Arcand » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:26 am

The silence looks like a catastrophe when you're watching that debuff blink on and off on someone else, but really - it's more of an inconvenience than an obstacle.

It's possible to get cleanses off while tanking her. On our last kill I was the only paladin and I swatted off 4-5 holy fires. Several others the only reason I didn't get them is that our priests were an instant faster than I.

Just make sure that keeping Holy Shield up is a priority, 'cause Maiden does hit pretty hard. If she gets a crush in you're in real danger.
Arcand

Postby Everlight » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:31 pm

Semirhage wrote:Semirhage Prot Pally (me),
Doty Holy Paladin,
Ninazu Shadow Priest,
Lambkin Resto Druid,
Valik Subtlety Rogue,
Omid Frost Mage,
Sayuuka BM Hunter.

Quick summary. You've got 3 healers, which will be harder, but doable.

Put you as the MT, Warrior / Rogue as the only melee dps (as far away from you as possible, btw). Put the Holy Paladin on you with BoSac stopping Repentance stunning. Put the Shadow Priest on healing duty with the Druid. Put both Warlock felhunters and the Shadow Priest on dispel duty. Ask the BM hunter to keep his pet out, but not in melee range (otherwise a chain lightning will slaughter you).

As for dispelling, you can get off Cleanses while you're tanking her, it's just tricky. She casts a Holy Fire once every few seconds, and they need to be cleansed FAST.

My concern about your group makeup is you have two melee DPS classes and only three healing classes. Maiden is a lot easier with no melee DPS and four healers. Though what you have will work.
Everlight

Postby Nich » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:49 pm

I've only tanked her once, it didn't go well.

~600ms latency for being on dialup/in Australia.

Spamming buttons didn't work, so I had to try and find a rhythm that'd get them in just in time to avoid silences.

Between trying to keep HS and consecrate up, I'd occasionally have SoR up and maybe even a chance to judge it.

I think a warrior OT gained aggro around 40%, thankfully.

White damage does not a tank make :\
Nich

Postby Semirhage » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:25 am

Woot got maiden, 2nd try that night with me main tanking it.
The first attempt was learning the placements for the raid.

Semirhage Prot Pally (me),
Valik Subtlety Rogue,
Doty Holy Paladin,
Lambkin Resto Druid,

Ninna 27/34/0 Warlock,
Ninazu Shadow Priest,
Texasboi Resto Shaman (leading, had raid knowledge, the rest were first time KZ raiders)

Maiden of Virtue loot:
Lambkin: Mitts of the Treemender,
Semirhage: Barbed Choker of Discipline

We one shotted Opera Event: Romeo and Juliet
I maintanked Romulo, and Arms Warrior OT Julianne.

Loot:
Ninazu: Masquerade Gown,
Doty: Libram of Souls Redeemed

We killed Curator on the 3rd attempt with me MT'ing it and Decabia with 300+ arcane resist eating hate bolts.

The Curator loot:
Staff of Infinite Mysteries - Rekles,
Gloves of the Fallen Defender - Johanus
Semirhage

Postby ari » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:37 pm

Nich wrote:I've only tanked her once, it didn't go well.

~600ms latency for being on dialup/in Australia.

tried tanking her for the first time last night (my first kara run - one shotted everything up to the opera - curator tomorrow night!) just couldnt seem to get around the silences - took as much spamming as i could do just to keep SoR and HS up; and i was generating half my usual threat :-/

im guessing my aussie lag was making more of an impact than i thought it would... after a wipe i ended up passing to the warrior to tank - and it went like clockwork.

i did get her gloves tho - only the second pair thats dropped for the guild :D
ari

Previous

Return to Karazhan