Remove Advertisements

League of Legends

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: League of Legends

Postby Aubade » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Mm I do enjoy a good leona, although I feel they are not being played as much
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Arnock » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Leona is probably my best support, she just has so much freaking CC, and she's got innate tankiness from her W.

However, Chogath is also a surprisingly good support:

1. Innately high health from his ult
2. Innately high burst damage from his ult
3. Ranged AOE Knockup
4. Ranged AOE silence
5. Can sustain himself fairly well if the carry leaves the lane
6. Is a gentleman and a scholar.

Granted, this was all back in season 2, so YMMV.

In season 3, I've been playing jungle kayle almost exclusively. She's entirely too strong.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 pm

I'm debating putting some money into picking up Thresh, as he seems like a pretty fun tanky/support. Anyone have any play time with him?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Picked up Thresh and have found he is quite similar to Amumu. His Q allows him to pull himself towards the opponent OR you can choose not to hit it a second time and drag your opponent towards you a little ways. His Ult is a pretty good initiator/peeler.

All of his moves are pretty much skillshots, his W gives him any interrupt/small knockback (or forward) that also slows. It's not a huge movement, but I've found works pretty well at keeping enemy champs in range just long enough to get the kill (especially early on if they've pushed us back to our tower. Q them, drag them a little, hit Q again to pull yourself towards them, hit W pushing them towards the tower and if you're lvl 6, your Ult will likely finish them off if the tower hasn't already done so.)

In total, I like him. I haven't quite mastered his E to help get people in position or save them (usually because I'm either too late, or they're better at positioning than I am to begin with.)

Anywho, that's my take.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am

Someone make a smurf and help me relearn how to play Leona and Shen. Okay? Okay.

Kiai112

(Lol jk Shen I can relearn by myself but Leona kinda needs a pocket ad who isn't retarded in order to pocket tank)
Levantine

Postby Aubade » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 am

I do need some serious practice in my AD games.

However, I've been jungling Jarvan and Xin. Mmmmm I'm in love =]

Way late to both their parties, but I'm glad I'm here now!
Aubade

Postby Levantine » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:52 pm

Oh boy I hope Diana is still an okay pick. Fuckers making me go ap.
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:52 am

Just won a 4v5. A Jax insisted he was claiming mid and we were just going to let him, but then he left right at the beginning instead. So, with Jungle Mord, Mid Kassadin, Top Jarvan and Bot Thresh (me) we managed to pull it out. It probably wouldn't have worked as well if the Mord wasn't a pretty decent Jungler (he was all over the map) and the other team was apparently scared of us, but even with 4v5 team fights they couldn't win, and they weren't able to push the lanes. I think we only lost like 1 or 2 towers. Anywho, that was fun and really goes to show that teamwork wins games!

Opposing team: Leona (bot), Graves (bot), Morgana (mid), Nautilus (jung), Garen (top)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Leona/Graves couldn't kill Thresh solo bot? Rly? I don't mean to poo poo your win, but nothing about that lane match-up wants to work in my brain.
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 am

Levantine wrote:Leona/Graves couldn't kill Thresh solo bot? Rly? I don't mean to poo poo your win, but nothing about that lane match-up wants to work in my brain.

Don't get me wrong, they killed me (I think I managed an even kill/death ratio in the end) but it apparently wasn't enough to win the game.

Edit: Just double checked, I was 5/6/12 that game. So not awesome, but considering it was 2v1 most of the time, I'd say not horrible.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
Levantine wrote:Leona/Graves couldn't kill Thresh solo bot? Rly? I don't mean to poo poo your win, but nothing about that lane match-up wants to work in my brain.

Don't get me wrong, they killed me (I think I managed an even kill/death ratio in the end) but it apparently wasn't enough to win the game.

Edit: Just double checked, I was 5/6/12 that game. So not awesome, but considering it was 2v1 most of the time, I'd say not horrible.

Thresh is pretty beastmode at the moment. I can see him able to hold his own in a 2v1 lane, especially if he has map control so he always knows where Leona is when she's trying to, and no pun intended, bushwack. Leona's a true monster when played right, but she's pretty easily countered if you can dodge her skillshots and position yourself intelligently behind your creep line.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:31 am

If only I were that good :P
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:57 pm

So... apparently IGN has canceled IPL 6. Not something that normally would have been a big deal, but this announcement came 24 days prior to the start date... meaning a lot of people are now trying to figure out how to get refunds for their travel arrangements and IGN is getting a lot of backlash for not just going through with it and saying it's the last one.

I feel bad for the people that are out whatever money they can't get refunded (in this case, plane tickets) but then a part of me is wondering why they didn't get travel insurance or have some other backup plan. Might just be because I'm accustomed to the threat of my vacation plans being disrupted by the military.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:17 am

Skye1013 wrote:So... apparently IGN has canceled IPL 6. Not something that normally would have been a big deal, but this announcement came 24 days prior to the start date... meaning a lot of people are now trying to figure out how to get refunds for their travel arrangements and IGN is getting a lot of backlash for not just going through with it and saying it's the last one.

I feel bad for the people that are out whatever money they can't get refunded (in this case, plane tickets) but then a part of me is wondering why they didn't get travel insurance or have some other backup plan. Might just be because I'm accustomed to the threat of my vacation plans being disrupted by the military.

Why not use your travel plans, and just enjoy a weekend in vegas?

It is still a pretty poor move on IGN's part, although I guess with the new change in staff after being bought out, I am not suprised something like this went so poorly handled.

In other news, taking a break from ranked for a bit methinks, just gonna focus on some other games, and play some regular normals with friends to keep in practice.
Aubade

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:20 pm

That's what a lot of people were suggesting on reddit, or see if they can get their tickets changed for MGL in Dallas. That still doesn't mean the people that are affected by it are happy about it.

In other news... I don't know how to play Diana. Went into a custom vs AI game and just picked someone I hadn't played before. Didn't do any research on her (just to see if I could get the hang of her) which means I was probably doing something incredibly wrong (attempted AP mid.)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games