Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Teranoid » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:22 pm

My god that comic is amazing.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:47 am

Kinda caught GC in a hard place, but his own fault for the way he answered (or rather, his non-answer) =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:01 pm

Or you could not do dailies and not do rep and get everything through raid finder and raids.

Just saying.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:07 pm

I already got the rep for all the factions I need, and I will get the rep for the incoming factions come 5.2 -- I have a higher burnout threshold than my friends, but some of my friends left the game over it.

More importantly, if you dont do dailies, if you dont do the rep, if you dont get to revered/exalted -- then what were valor points good for?

Also, the reason it matters was because badge gear (back then and what is now valor point gear) was introduced to serve as a stopgap measure to soften bad streaks of RNG. I remember buying my gnomeragan auto blocker back in bc because it was a good option, and because i couldnt find other trinkets in raids.

I remember buying some extra gear, like a belt, in ulduar because the belt would not drop from razorscale

And more cases like that -- heck, right now I got the VP chest because I have had bad luck with drops (it kind of helps its almost BiS)

If you're in a middle of the road raid group, you will try to better yourself somehow... VP, in the past, provided that... now you need an extra job to get the same in MoP, and that is what burned out my friends.

They felt they were at fault for having valor gear on because they had no reps, but they felt the joy sucked out of them when they would try to do the dailies, FOR THE REP, in order to get the gear.

They're gone, they decided it was too much and left the game instead -- I honestly don't think 5.2 is gonna bring them back.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Your friends that quit probably should've played content they enjoyed that rewarded stuff that would've helped them instead of doing dailies.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:24 pm

The point <---> you
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:27 pm

The point is don't do shit in the game you don't enjoy. I have zero sympathy for people that get burned out doing stuff they don't like doing.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34 pm

I give you partially a point, but this would not have happened had they not decided to require reputation to buy valor point gear or dailies as the only source of reputation -- One or the other woulda been fine, but by having both it just leads to burnout... unless you enjoy feeling like you're letting down your fellow raidmembers because you're not doing dailies and thus cannot complement the gear you get exclusively thru raid/lfr (specially when the RNG gods frown upon you)

The 5.2 changes where you get rep thru a heroic on a daily basis is better, just too late for some of my friends that left.

More importantly, GC failed to answer how he would try to win my friends back into the game.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Hey look it's the discussion we've had a hundred and fourteen times since MoP came out.
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:19 pm

only 114? i thought it was closer to 500 or so...

and guildies wonder why im not playing wow as much...

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:44 pm

bldavis wrote:only 114? i thought it was closer to 500 or so...

and guildies wonder why im not playing wow as much...

No time to play WoW, you've got to argue about it on a forum!

:D
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 pm

EXACTLY! wait...

actually its cause i dont want to look at my dks gear and be reminded that if i want to upgrade it i either need to run LFR, get lucky in our normal raids or do those goddam dailies to unlock the reps to get the better gear

at this point, i am enjoying GW2..loving my thief lots of fun to play and if i get bored of it, i still have a bunch of toons to level to 90, but i am tired of the 85-90 so i might need to go back and work on my tauren pally or my undead lock (50 and 30)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Darielle » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:32 pm

The point is don't do shit in the game you don't enjoy. I have zero sympathy for people that get burned out doing stuff they don't like doing.

System Design flies wayy over your head.
Darielle

Postby halabar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:49 pm

The ironic thing is that casual raiders are going to be hit the worst with the new rep and valor gear for 5.2.

Those doing reasonable or better progress in 5.2 normals will get the rep and valor that they need, plus they'll be getting 522 or better raid drops, so they won't need all the valor gear.
The pure LFR crowd will muddle along as they do.
But those that have the limitations on progress in normals but still care about moving forward are really going to want to get that 522 valor gear, and will need to hit the valor grind more since they'll be behind in raid drops.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:41 pm

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/17/bung ... s-destiny/

"Bungie and its new benefactor, Activision, revealed that new franchise as "Destiny," an online-required persistent world first-person shooter."

Hmmm...
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General