Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby jere » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:57 pm

I've really been enjoying my Nordrassil Wisp with Light / Flash / Arcane Explosion. I use it as my lead off pet and, unless I am fairly unlucky, it usually takes out 1-2 pets on its own, which is nice. It does have some weaknesses, but overall found it to be very good.
jere

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:08 am

Infinite Whelpling is pretty awesome. Tail Sweep, a heal and Early Advantage (hits twice is you are lower health percentage wise than your opponent) you can lay on some hurt quickly.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 pm

The new epic wild pet battles are all of the critter, beast and aquatic families.

I'd imagine the bast for the critter would be Flayer Youngling, Kun-Lai Runt and Stunted Yeti as they are all humanoids with beast attacks.
For the Aquatic the Jade Owl looks to be a must as it is magic with flying attacks, Wisp and Shimmering Wyrmling look like good ones as well due to a blind and a reflect.
For the beast I'd imagine that any mechanicals would be good.

I'd imagine some customizing to specific attack types by the pets will come into play as well. Though a full on Fluxfire Feline group might still prove amusing.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Fluxfire Feline has had Wind Up replaced by Flux, an aoe team damage ability.
Flex

Postby Zalaria » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:53 pm

As a semi-new pet battler, what are some good pets to use for the various pandaria trainers? I'd like to use them to bump up my stock of 25s, but I barely scratch by most of them. I've beaten all of the standard trainers, but haven't tried the elemental ones yet.

Here's the pets I've collected. Many are rare, but nowhere near all. The only flawless stone I have right now is dragonkin. Any suggestions on which ones to bring up?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... -collected
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:08 pm

Any snail from the Critter family is a good pet against elementals in particular. Acidic Goo + Dive does a lot of damage versus elementals and Critters take less damage from their attacks, which makes it a good option. There are some snails available in Dread wastes if you don't have a high level one.

Pay close attention to which elemental gives you the most trouble and make sure to pick that elemental as the quest reward so you don't have to fight him again to win his pet. For me, the Thundering (Earth) elemental was particularly annoying, so I picked him as the reward.

Other notable pets include:
Water Waveling: Reduces incoming mechanical attacks and does high damage to mechanicals
Jade Owl: Reduces damage from aquatic and does high damage to aquatics
jere

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:53 am

I had the hardest time with the Thundering Elemental as well. But then again, I only had 3 lvl 25s that I used from start to finish; Lil Rag, Celestial Dragon and Clockwork Gnome. Were they optimal? Hell no they weren't, lol.

But if you're really interested to know the best counters against the trainers, go to wowhead and look them up. Each trainer has a comment on what's best and I use it for a reference when I go do the dailies as I like to level pets off of them. So having 2 strong pets than can 2v3 the trainer, is ideal.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:09 pm

So after going through the elemental trainers, I find that they're much easier than the standard pandaria trainers. I guess it's my pet selection. Rapana Whelk, Onyxian Whelpling, and Celestial Dragon just melted all four elementals. Only used two of them on the air guy. I ended up choosing the water as the reward more because it's farther away than because it's harder.

But I'm still struggling with the standard trainers. Mo'ruk and Zusshi are extremely frustrating, and I struggle with Shu as well. Nishi and Yon are easy, and Hyuna is more tedious than hard. I wish Aaro had awesome comments on wowhead for the rest of the trainers and not just the top ones.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Mo'ruk has the same families as Hyuna, whatever you use for Hyuna use for Mo'ruk.
Zusshi just need an Aquatic, Beast, Flying team. One of the best flying pets I've used is the Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling from Twilight Highlands.
The key to Shu is to not replace Sandstorm, the elemental's most used attack deals damage to the back line. When Sandstorm is up it deals about 15 damage instead of around 100.

For a good Aquatic I suggest getting a Water Skimmer pet to 25. The are good high damage aquatics which tear through elementals on the tamers.

Other notable pets include:
Water Waveling: Reduces incoming mechanical attacks and does high damage to mechanicals

That's all elementals with elemental attacks. I think they're the only type that is strong in both aspects against the same family.
Flex

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:00 pm

If you're on the US side and a pet collector who hasn't gotten the Sumprush Rodent that is unlocked by the 2000 commendation rodent box we'll be unboxing on the Terenas server before our raid time at around 8:30pm EST this Wednesday.
Flex

Postby djlar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:19 pm

I started to level up my pets, came down to the quest boss at around 11-12, hit a roadblock, the 3 pets are mechanical and I didn't have any strong pet Vs. Mech... so I got my rares that are good Vs. Mech, sadly all level 1.. I struggled quite a lot, most of the level 1-10 pets you battle are either critters or beast and hard to kill with those, right now at level 8 each of the 3... any suggestions?
djlar

Postby Flex » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:28 pm

honestly for leveling tamers you can just outlevel them a bit and win.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:38 pm

I've beaten all trainers up to lvl 22 so far with pets of same level without any special strength, it's not too hard. If you have troubles, outlevel them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Beasts of fable are fairly straight forward, just pets with a lot of health, 4K+, and typically high attack.

Critter: three beast team. Clefthoof Runt is pretty awesome as its Trample attack will do 600+ damage per round. I also use Kun-Lai Runt and Flayer Youngling as humanoids with beast attacks are doubly strong.

Beast: I use a Wild Golden Hatchling for Lightning Storm and two mechanicals, Mini Thor and Lil XT, to take these guys out. Fluxfire and Robo Cub aren't good for them since they have either no mechanical attacks or weak ones.

Aquatics: Any three flying ones will work. I use a Gilnean Raven for Nocturnal Strike since it is a fairly good nuke for a family that lacks good nukes.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:04 pm

What do you guys think of this pet battle exp? I have a guildie who has done 1-85 in 3 hours by just doing pet battles with the exp flask... and several guildies leveling alts in extremely short amounts of times with them...

I think it's a bug and will be fixed and people punished but what do you think of it? I'm scared of doing pet battles on alts now for fear of a ban.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General