[10H] Will of the Emperor

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Will of the Emperor

Postby daishan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:07 am

The sparks explode 0.5-1 sec after you run into them, so with some practice a mage can run into a spark then blink and be outside of the aoe before it explodes.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Magnilda » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:19 am

I've seen a Warrior use Heroic Leap to take one as well. Needs damn good aim though.
Magnilda

Postby Chronos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:26 am

With regards to mage blink soaking - my group wiped four three hours Tuesday night trying to have the mage blink soak every strength spark add. It is not easy to time the blink soak and definitely not reliable for some eight strengths over the course of the fight (even with cauterize and ice block as back up). This also crushed the mages dps. The next night we made our frost dk spec blood with blood presence bone shield stam food flask but dps gear. He used Anti Magic Shell plus Icebound Fortitude both glyphed for the first str spark, then Anti Magic Shell + unglyphed Vampiric Blood for the second and alternated. Since he could soak every strength spark (250k dmg), this simplified the fight immensely for us as our rage soak rotation (dispersion deterrence bubble deterrence dispersion deterrence) was down pat, and our mw monk/warlock alternated on the courages. We almost one shot it with this, called two quick wipes due to spark buff on bosses as they came out - then killed it pretty easily. Then we had the mage as backup for any missed sparks or our holy pali bubble. Also just for your info, we used hunter binding shot aoe slow trap mage ring of frost and then ret aoe or single target stuns or priest fear nova etc to keep rages from moving and together. Since our dk was on strs we had no grip, so if a rage fixated weird we would focus stun it and keep the rages dying at the same time and close together. Remember that jumping helps trigger the spark explosion.

I think that for ten man, you will see your group have much more success if you can either A) have only two people alternating soaking the rage pairs or B) have only one person soaking all strengths.

Groups with two hunters, or a resto druid to symbi deterrence, or a rogue with cheat death feint and cloak or a symbiosis on cloak (not sure of resto druid cd on symbi'd cloak or deterrence) will make the fight a lot easier. My group had none of these available so we went with our DK shenanigans, he pulled 40-45 k dps.
Killing rage pairs at the same time is not difficult and much easier to soak. If your dps arent doing this youre making life difficult for yourself imo!
Chronos

Postby Chronos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:49 am

Also warlock confirmed that portal worked to back up soak too.
Chronos

Postby Darielle » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:16 pm

Just switching in Greater Invis and Ice Block lets Mages handle soaking without being at the mercy of latency.
Darielle

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)