patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Newsom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 am

theckhd wrote:
Newsom wrote:Yep. The neck at neutral is perfectly itemized though. Unless the heroic elite expertise neck decides to drop I'll likely save some valor to buy that piece. There is no point in capping to 3k before the patch though considering the gear is gated by reputation.

I wouldn't say "perfectly" itemized. Remember that hit/exp >> haste > mastery in general. A hit/haste or exp/haste item is perfectly itemized. Haste/mastery is decent, but if you do that in too many slots you can't hit/exp cap.

Am I the only one swimming in hit rating? I'd admit haste/exp would be slighly more appealing though, but haste/mastery is pretty damn nice.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby theckhd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 am

I think most players in heroic gear are swimming in hit rating. Not so much with expertise though. Haste/mastery is certainly the best runner-up once you're capped though, so the neck is still a great pick-up. I'm going to be saving 1250 VP for it now that we get to keep VP.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 am

Indomitable Primal Diamond – 1.00 RealPPM on damage/absorb taken from melee ability or swing. No ICD.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 am

1 RPPM means one proc per minute based on only auto-attacking once every 2.6 seconds, doesn't it? So like, on average 2-3 procs per minute if you are actually playing?

And do these meta-gems replace a meta gem, or add an additional slot to the helmet?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 am

AFAIK we get to add an extra meta socket on any helm, so you get to have both.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby theckhd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:56 am

Fetzie wrote:1 RPPM means one proc per minute based on only auto-attacking once every 2.6 seconds, doesn't it? So like, on average 2-3 procs per minute if you are actually playing?

No, RPPM works on every/any damaging event. So it'll be about 1 proc per minute.

<edit> and with a 15 second duration, the average uptime at 10% haste should be about 24%. 26% uptime with 20% haste, 28% uptime with 30% haste.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby halabar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:57 am

So, now that we can keep our valor, what to do has gotten a bit more confusing... so assuming I finish capping valor before the patch, do I:

1) upgrade 496 tier legs IF Sha decides to give them up prior to the patch?
2) save valor for the reduced cost 496 belt right after patch?
3) save valor for the new rep neck (assuming we start at neutral, so can buy the neck right away?
4) upgrade any of my other gear while I still can? (gun, gloves, and trinket are upgraded already)

I should be able to do 2 and 3 easily if I hold off on the others, but for a casual raider, I wonder how long it will take to gain the new rep, which is where all the valor spending will go post-patch.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 am

Think one of the blues said you could pretty much get Friendly with a single boss kill, and there are items at every rep level including neutral.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Think one of the blues said you could pretty much get Friendly with a single boss kill, and there are items at every rep level including neutral.

Hmm, if that's the case, saving the valor is in order, since LFR kills will give rep as well.

halabar

Postby Newsom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:11 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Think one of the blues said you could pretty much get Friendly with a single boss kill, and there are items at every rep level including neutral.

Pretty sure it was a single clear, not kill. 3000 reputation per boss would mean we'd all be exalted in 2 weeks of doing normal modes...

Also note that LFR the first week LFR is open only 3 bosses will be available. I'm guessing it won't be available at all the first week of 5.2.

<edit> reworded it a bit to be less confusing
Last edited by Newsom on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:14 am

Newsom wrote:

Pretty sure it was a single clear, not kill. 3000 reputation per boss would mean we'd all be exalted the second week.

Also note that LFR is probably not open the first week, and the second week only 3 bosses will be available.

Unless there are some initial quests that push you to near Friendly. Will have to poke around on the PTR again this weekend to see if I have any rep yet.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 am

Bashiok said it:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=3#58
Actually there are items at each reputation, even neutral, and getting to Friendly is (I believe) essentially just a single boss kill. It ramps up from there obviously, but you will have stuff to spend Valor on pretty quickly.

In other news, one of the trinkets they're adding in 5.2 is really weird. It snapshots your current Haste/Crit/Mastery, and gives you a buff that removes the two lower stats and adds the amount to the highest one. It's going to give some odd interactions - like crit chance being close to zero when it procs Mastery or Haste, which could affect proc rates on other abilities and items. Any toon where Crit/Haste/Mastery are about equal in value will get next to no dps increase from it.

GC made an interesting point regarding Enhancement and the mastery proc's interaction with Ascendance, which could be pretty nice, but at the same time, the loss of Crit and Haste has a negative interaction with Flurry and Unleashed Fury: Windfury.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:41 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Bashiok said it:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=3#58
Actually there are items at each reputation, even neutral, and getting to Friendly is (I believe) essentially just a single boss kill. It ramps up from there obviously, but you will have stuff to spend Valor on pretty quickly.

In other news, one of the trinkets they're adding in 5.2 is really weird. It snapshots your current Haste/Crit/Mastery, and gives you a buff that removes the two lower stats and adds the amount to the highest one. It's going to give some odd interactions - like crit chance being close to zero when it procs Mastery or Haste, which could affect proc rates on other abilities and items. Any toon where Crit/Haste/Mastery are about equal in value will get next to no dps increase from it.

GC made an interesting point regarding Enhancement and the mastery proc's interaction with Ascendance, which could be pretty nice, but at the same time, the loss of Crit and Haste has a negative interaction with Flurry and Unleashed Fury: Windfury.

Assuming Bashiok is correct, there must be some initial rep gained to push close to Friendly.

Regarding that odd trinket, it could also lead to capping, or effective diminishing returns, especially with something like crit, or even mastery for certain classes. Would be interesting if it was an on-use but as a proc it seems like a headache to plan for.

halabar

Postby Flex » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:16 pm

They could do some annoying Rep that scales based on your current rep. 3K when neutral, 2K when friendly, 1K when honored, 500 (1K with commendation) when Revered.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Promdates » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 pm

That's also an Agility trinket. Which I highly doubt you'll want to acquire.
Promdates

PreviousNext

Return to General