Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:47 am

halabar wrote:So, as I'm sure you are all aware, there is a massive manhunt going on down here for an ex-cop who has killed 3 and wounded 2 others.

Getting swept under the rug is that one of the local police agencies apparently declared open season on anyone driving dark colored pickup trucks, and shot 2 people in one truck and shot at another person in a different truck. With a little less luck, the body count from the police could match that of the guy they are supposed to be looking for.

At least they found the guy's truck, otherwise I'd be concerned a bit about driving at night (I live a few miles from where that local police agency operates).

An enterprising person on Ebay came up with these bumper stickers and window decals:

http://laist.com/2013/02/10/dont_shoot_ ... er_sti.php

Not sure if amusement.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 am

Gab wrote:
Sagara wrote:as long as SOMEONE *glares at some guys in a previous guild* doesn't decide to run at max cast range, when I'm supposed to pick it up next.

And that's what Speed of Light thinking about your tanks is for.

FIFY. I'm going to bother to put myself at the safest place possible for the next ranged. I expect the same courtesy back.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Gab » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:15 am

Sagara wrote:
Gab wrote:
Sagara wrote:as long as SOMEONE *glares at some guys in a previous guild* doesn't decide to run at max cast range, when I'm supposed to pick it up next.

And that's what Speed of Light thinking about your tanks is for.

FIFY. I'm going to bother to put myself at the safest place possible for the next ranged. I expect the same courtesy back.

Fair enough. But if it's causing enough of a problem you can take the whole "if you want something done right, do it yourself" mentality. Obviously shouldn't be necessary but the option is always there.

I've always used the Speed of Light between Fury Swipes approach. This way I can do the overlapping pools without the risk of having a dps/healer getting hit by a swipe while keeping the pools neat all at the same time. Could just be our heroic kite order but this ended up being the best way to do it for our group, YMMV.
Gab

Postby Newsom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 am

I'm extremely tempted to make my warrior my main for 5.2. I guess I can decide after doing normal modes on both though, which is nice.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby benebarba » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Due to some shakeups with the group I'd been raiding with, I'm now more likely to be a swing DPS than tank (they want to know they'll have a tank on hand through the expansion, and the other one they have looks like he'll be pretty stable for the near/medium term). Not sure if bailing on my current guild would help or not... Don't really want to, what with being made an officer and MT as well as having made some friends - but the lack of a raid group really makes it a little weird being MT of a non-existent raid team. And the folks I'd been raiding with are good folks too.

le sigh.
benebarba

Postby econ21 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 am

benebarba wrote:...I'm now more likely to be a swing DPS than tank (they want to know they'll have a tank on hand through the expansion,

If you mean, you'd be tanking except for one tank fights, that probably is not so bad. It seemed a bigger issue in DS, with so many one tank fights but in the current tier, most fights required two.

.. but the lack of a raid group really makes it a little weird being MT of a non-existent raid team. And the folks I'd been raiding with are good folks too.

One option is to move your main to the active guild but keep alts in your existing guild. That way you could move back if your existing guild starts to raid again but not be regarded as a second class citizen amongst those you raid with. Your existing guild should understand, if they are not raiding and you want to raid. I did that and it worked out more or less ok (was a bit awkward jumping back to my old guild when they started to raid again, but nothing too dramatic).
econ21

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:46 am

Going on an interest interview for a job. God, I hate these things.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:58 am

econ21 wrote:
benebarba wrote:...I'm now more likely to be a swing DPS than tank (they want to know they'll have a tank on hand through the expansion,

If you mean, you'd be tanking except for one tank fights, that probably is not so bad. It seemed a bigger issue in DS, with so many one tank fights but in the current tier, most fights required two.

What basically happened is my guild was going to start raiding, so I bowed out for a couple weeks. The RL of course found a replacement so they could continue (I'd expect no different), and then had the other tank (as well as 2 DPS) bail. So she stepped up to tank partially out of interest, partially out of wanting a guilded tank they could call on (she'd had raid-ready toons for heals & DPS) and not have other commitments.

I've got a pretty good relationship with the RL and so this was all understandable - really, it was by chance they wanted me back after the first night anyway. Just a bit frustrating in that now I'll more likely be called on as melee DPS (which I have to get much better at, admittedly) if they ever need one since the other tank seems stable and she wants to tank. So it seems almost equally probable I'll be sat or providing pointers as actually raiding. But at least I've tanked 12 (9 successfully to kills) of the bosses this tier already, with that group, so it's not like I haven't done anything.

One option is to move your main to the active guild but keep alts in your existing guild. That way you could move back if your existing guild starts to raid again but not be regarded as a second class citizen amongst those you raid with. Your existing guild should understand, if they are not raiding and you want to raid. I did that and it worked out more or less ok (was a bit awkward jumping back to my old guild when they started to raid again, but nothing too dramatic).

Unfortunately, I only moved my main into my current guild, and it's the only one remotely raid ready. My other toons are melee DPS - so maybe some shuffling would work out. I have another 90 melee DPS toon that isn't raid ready, but perhaps this would be an excuse to make it happen.

hmmm...
benebarba

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Decided to abandon my 490 geared spriest to my old server, and move my ele shammy as a professions support toon to my new server with my hunter.

Frustrating that after spending so much time to level and gear that toon, then to be abandoned by the raid team that requested that I level and gear that toon to fit the proper token and stat slot, since they brought in one of their buddy hunters (my hunter had been my main with that raid group in Cata).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Considering you're in a highly active guild that dwarves your old guild in size as well, I guess it's not really that bad, is it?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Considering you're in a highly active guild that dwarves your old guild in size as well, I guess it's not really that bad, is it?

Yeah, I'm not heartbroken over it.. but it was annoying. At least the ele shammy is 90, and geared enough to get in LFR and such. But the hunter will be my only raiding toon from now on. (I am moving 2+ bags of heirlooms if I ever get an alt itch again...)

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 pm

just the fact that you have to pay a lot of money for each transfer, right?

/Hates spending money
/Worse is having 1.3 million gold...
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Klaudandus wrote:just the fact that you have to pay a lot of money for each transfer, right?

/Hates spending money
/Worse is having 1.3 million gold...

Yeah, that's the other part of it, the transfers, especially when you are taking a loss on the gold due to server economies. But looking at the new server makes it easier not to move my other crafting alts, or the tailor/scribe spriest. Too much competition and lowballing. Of course Blizz is to blame too with the anti-alt stuff in Panda. Anything on the old server is dead to me at this point. I'll miss having an enchanter, but not that much.

Edit: At least I got a decent lol-name for the ele shammy... Shocknpaw. Yeah, a panda.. I went there.

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:40 pm

GC bit at my tweet regarding http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/02/14/the-p ... -pandaria/

GC: "Double dipping" is an odd thing to evoke as a problem. We have a lot of systems where you need X and Y before you get your reward. When you can tunnel in on just X or Y, then a lot of other ways to play the game are cut off for you.

Problem is, I cannot disagree with the article... specially the last paragraph:
Mists of Pandaria has taken enormous strides in allowing players to play how they want, to participate in the activities they enjoy, and the expansion encourages you to stop and smell the roses. Valor points single-handedly throw that philosophy out the window, forcing you to churn through level 90 content as quickly as possible, and to continue churning through the same content to maximize your ilevel. If the developers want to avoid catastrophic burnout at their own hands, it needs to change.

But I am biased... lost a good amount of guildies to burnout... we're old people that don't have that much time to play online (well, I kind of am the exception) but they could not keep pace with doing dailies and the VP to try to better themselves in order to not feel like they're a crutch to others -- they decided it was better to just quit and bring someone that could be more willing to go thru all the hoops in order to be as geared as possible for the raids.
---
Klaudandus

Postby econ21 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Will of the Emperor is getting hard to kill in LFR. That buff you get when you wipe is going to be needed, I think.
econ21

PreviousNext

Return to General