Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby sahiel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:59 am

I'd never noticed that before!

Interesting, it highlights just how much I make off trade and on one to one big item deals rather than the AH. Total from AH is 3 mil in sales, I currently have 2 mil in gold plus more in goods, but overall I know the actual amount made is much closer to 5-6 mil.

Speaking of big ticket items, the JC panthers are still going good for me, regularly selling for 28-30k which is a decent 10k or so profit (though I did just blow 400k on a Spectral Tiger mount so :D)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Ima have to check that out when I get home! Just BAMED! my 8th lvl 90 and running that many LFR's eats so much time up! hehe lvling my 9th now (DK) and I just twinked him all out! Muhahaha
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:22 pm

OH YEAH! Sold my Goblin Engie Rocket again. made a lame ass 10k on it though! Had to do some AH PvP (Must admit that I had me some fun again in it).

Selling the smelted Ghost Iron bars is still so stupid! Ive been making 400-700% margins on that shiat! haha LOVE IT! SO much so that I am almost sold out of the thousands and thousands of ore that I ganked few months back. I ran out of room on my bank toon and just stoped buying it all up. GAH! Should have know better.
Holyblaze

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 pm

OH YEAH! Forgot (guess I just wanted to forget) that I have LOST MY ASS on 4 trinkets that I ganked at 10k each as they are now down to 6k. I fliped them very ones last month for a few thousand each, but me thinks that maybe the new patch and all its goodies have inspired peeps to dump thier stock of them. bah!
Holyblaze

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 pm

It's probably more the bop shoulder shuffle that has become popular - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/125 ... Gold-trick
Rhiannon

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Rhiannon wrote:It's probably more the bop shoulder shuffle that has become popular - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/125 ... Gold-trick

Been checking my servers.. it would be either a loss or break even. Not enough herb bots.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:52 pm

So, decided to move my ele shammy jc/alch to my new server to support my hunter, and abandon my spriest. So I needed to move more stuff. I'm tired of trying to sell mounts and taking a loss on them, and looking at the AH, there's just nothing that's gonna make a profit, or even break even much, unless I spent months sniping deals.

So I decided to have some fun with my old server's AH one last time. Knowing that I was gonna take a loss no matter what I moved, I bought out:

every Living Steel
every Trillium bar
all Trillium ore under 25g each (there was a jump between the last I bought at 19, the next was at 25)
all Golden Lotus
all raw Primal Diamonds, raw Wild Jade, and raw Amethysts

Hopefully some enterprising goblin sees that someone just sucked up a huge amount of stuff, and takes the opportunity to jack around with the prices.

I figure that I can sit on the bars until the forge is opened up in 5.2 and there's a small increase in demand for new stuff. Or I can use it to make mounts or something. The Gl can be used as well, so worst case I consume it myself for pots and transmutes.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:47 pm

haha NICE!

No idea as to why...but the Ghost bars are flying off the shelf. Seems teh mining bots have left our server some time back. SO glad that I had the capital to buy up all of the last ore bot run. hehe WoOt!
Holyblaze

Postby Teranoid » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:59 pm

I've made close to 60k gold in the past 2 days just selling pets.

Cha. ching.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Teranoid wrote:I've made close to 60k gold in the past 2 days just selling pets.

Cha. ching.

Gotta love it when a few new collectors get the bug.

halabar

Postby Foolosophy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:07 am

Are there any 'easy' pets? Pets that sell well or are easy to acquire?
Foolosophy

Postby Teranoid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:36 am

Most of what I sold was rare/difficult to acquire or TCG pets that I collected back before pet battles were even announced to get the 250 pet achieve or whatever it was before.

I think right now aside from that trying to sell lvl 25 pets is probably the only other way to do it. I can't seem to sell the battle stones worth a damn though.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:20 am

Foolosophy wrote:Are there any 'easy' pets? Pets that sell well or are easy to acquire?

No.

The problem with the pets is that EVERYONE had them. And all those folks who don't give a rat's ass about the battles (coughwhomecough?) are selling off all of them, and also buying them and reselling as a means to move gold between servers.

The demand is also low now.

I see spikes in buying, which I assume are happening when some new collector gets into the battles and blows 100k or so on the pets.

halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:04 am

Ugh... think I'm done with the goblining.

Two factors, first, all the changes that Blizz has made that suppress alts, combined with the overall glut of crafters stuck around the same areas.

Second, on my new server, in my huge guild, I'm seeing the telltale signs in the AH of others like me that have moved large quantities of goods over to sell, combined with the fact that many others in the guild are rerolls so there aren't a huge number of buyers.

I sold enough of my stuff to get me back to the 500k mark, but I think I'm gonna take it easy from this point on. I'm still trying to sell one of the engineering mounts that I brought over at well below crafting cost, and the bugger still won't sell. Gonna just learn it if it doesn't sell in it's current posting.

After this, just gonna dabble in the mining>Alch>JC>Ench chain when I mine on my main while in queues and such. No real need to push higher than that 500k mark.

Annoyingly, that shoulder-enchant shuffle is keeping some other areas from being more profitable since it's kept a floor on herb prices. I wonder if Blizz is doing that intentionally.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:18 am

Yeah Hala, I SO feel you on this. I am moving a TON of ore and bars.

Im selling ALL my Elem ore as 5.2 will null ALL OTHER ORE save for Ghost for lvling. Sure you will need that shiat if you want to craft gearz for lvling toons and Tmog shiat, but you will NOT need them to lvl your prof. any more.

JC sucks ASS for me this xpac. I used to make some gold but now it is done.

Chanting is still not to bad for me. my mage is lvl 90 so workign on the rep now, but so many months behind that I am to late now.

LW blows for me still and that makes me sad. even the leathers dotn sell as there is just SO MUCH OF EVERY DAMN THING this expac!

BS is the worste for me. I can move ANY armor! Beltbuckles are fine for me, but the margins are just not worth me time to be frank.

Engie is my BEST this time around and and I forsee it being like that morese in 5.2
Holyblaze

PreviousNext

Return to General